Thread: Ring Q

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Ring Q

I remember a thread a while back about gay men wearing a wedding band on the right hand instead of the left hand to signify they were gay.
    I wear a siver band on my right pinky finger and have for a long time just because I wanted to and tonight a GG at a Subway restaurant asked me if I was Bi sexual.
    I said what gave you that idea? She said the pinky ring on the right hand.
    I never knew that.
    I told her yes and she said I thought so and smiled.Go figure.

[...]gay men wearing a wedding band on the right hand instead of the left hand to signify they were gay.
    Had never heard of that :\ . In some cultures the widow will keep wearing the ring after the SO dies, but on the right hand. Also in some European countries the ring is worn on the right hand.

Quote Originally Posted by tracyblair View Post
    Had never heard of that :\ . In some cultures the widow will keep wearing the ring after the SO dies, but on the right hand. Also in some European countries the ring is worn on the right hand.
    In Denmark and, I believe, Germany also, the wedding ring is worn on the right hand. In Sweden, where I live, women traditionally have an engagement ring and then a wedding ring when they get married. Both are worn on the ring finger of the left hand and many, if not most, widows keep them. Men only wear the engagement ring.

i never knew that Thank you Tracii, i wear two silver band on my right pinky finger and have for 4.5 years. and a gold color band on my left pinky
    only because i can't find any bands to fit any other fingers...oh and I'm bi ... you learn something new everyday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Black, Hollow & Cold balletchick's Avatar
    LMAO I have never heard of this but it reminds me of the 80's left peirced meant you were gay or was it the right?

I said screw it and got three peircings in each ear LOL then my eyebrow then my nose, then both of my nipples then..... you get the idea.

Now rings here we go again, I'm tired of jewelery !!!!

Now that's too funny... I wear a silver pinky ring on my right hand too!! And I never really thought about it but I do remember that a single earring worn in the right lobe was supposed to mean your gay.. So I guess anything worn singly on the right side means your not hetro??

No wonder all the guys at work are so friendly to me!! Hahahaha.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Black, Hollow & Cold balletchick's Avatar
    I have never been into all these subtle signs with regards to jewelery there is also something about wearing various colored hankerchifs in your back pocket meaning everything from sexual preference to fetishes.

However I go for the more straight forward indications like say if you are French kissing another man, that might mean you're gay LOL

Oh God, I remember all that rubbish about how you could allegedly determine a man's sexual preferences by seeing which ear he had pierced - I copped a bit of crap myself as a result of it because I had (and still have) both ears pierced. It caused problems when I went to give blood once because someone at the blood bank actually thought - seriously - that my having both ears pierced meant I might be gay or bi, and therefore in a category of people they won't accept blood from (in this part of the world at least) due to the increased risk of HIV. I also once got into a bit of an argument with someone who refused to accept my fairly straightforward and "harmless" reasons for having both my ears pierced*, and seemed convinced I'd done it to make some statement about my sexuality instead - trying to debate this individual was like beating my head repeatedly against a brick wall (much like debating with people about my reasons for cross-dressing often is).

*I got both my ears done because I liked the symmetry of it, and also because I didn't want to get only my left earlobe done, just like every other guy out there.

Rings and things..

I used to wear my Mother wedding ring on my right hand 'pinky' I must confess I had a diamond added, and this was in the early 70's, unfortunately whilst drinking in a club, I allowed someone else to try it on.... you guessed it I never got the ring back. Ofcourse I have both ears pierced so what that makes me, I do not know, any suggestions?
    Lesley Ann

Banned Spammer
    Too funny KB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I remember a thread a while back about gay men wearing a wedding band on the right hand instead of the left hand to signify they were gay.
    Because if it was on the left hand they would be married, lol.

The Left / Right debate again. lol

US / Earring / Left - straight , Right - gay.
    UK / Earring / Left - gay , Right - straight.
    Both a bit outdated now with guys wearing them in both sides, lol

Gold rings [aka Men's Wedding bands] in the US at least:
    Left ring finger - duh, your married to someone.
    Really doesn't matter if your Straight /Gay /Lesbian.

When worn on the Right ring finger has meant -
    It was being worn by a Widower.

I have never heard of wearing a wedding band on the right ring finger to mean the person wearing it is gay.
    Unless of course, gay married couples do that???
    Or maybe in states here that gay marriage is illegal??? IDK?

I have been wearing a wedding band on my right ring finger for years now & I have not had anybody ever mention that or ask me if I'm gay, which I'm not.
    "Not that there is anything wrong with that" lol

PS So what would wearing a pinky ring on your Left hand mean then? lol
    Last edited by Sammy777; 12-10-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    well, damn, I am all mixed up. Have a Tungstun ring for a wedding band, my gold wedding band on my right ring finger, and a 9-diamond chip gold ring on my right pinky finger. I want to get a few more someday
    Drumming, My other hobby

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    So where do you put what if you are try-sexual?

Portia
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll View Post
    well, damn, I am all mixed up. Have a Tungstun ring for a wedding band, my gold wedding band on my right ring finger, and a 9-diamond chip gold ring on my right pinky finger. I want to get a few more someday
    I guess your a married gay bisexual widower, LOL
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Quote Originally Posted by balletchick View Post
    However I go for the more straight forward indications like say if you are French kissing another man, that might mean you're gay
    No way! Thanks! I'll have to remember that. *wink*

P.S. J/K!!! That was pretty hysterical, though. Reminds me of the conversation about how you can tell someone is gay in the movie "Knocked Up."
    I'm so far back in the closet that I'm finding Christmas presents!

"Women often don't seem to have a problem with us, as long as we're not romantically involved with them of course." - goofus

Silver Member
    I am a member of a group called 'Pinky Pals'. The members of this group wear a ring on the pinky finger of thier right hand to identify to others in the know that we are crossdressers. This has absolutely nothing to do with being gay or bisexual.

Banned Spammer
    Today again it happened a young lady(lesbian) at one of the customers warehouses asked me about my pinky ring she wears a silver band on her right ring finger which was given to her by her GF to signify in a gay relationship.
    I have never told her I'm a CD or Bi but she asked me. I told her I was a very "open" person and a "switch hitter" she smiled and said I would have never guess it you don't look like the baseball type and laughed.
    When I picked up my invoices she said see you later sis.
    She is pretty cool IMO.
    Susan can I join the pinky pals?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-17-2008 at 04:55 AM.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Well, one thing is pretty clear from this thread:

noticing where someone wears their rings ( or ear rings ) will do you no good at all in terms of finding out their sexual preferences!!!

My father passed away when I was young, and when I was in college, my mother gave me the gold wedding band my father had given her when they were married. She had worn this ring for forty years, but wanted to be sure I had it in case anything happened to her. I got married at about the same time, and so I began wearing this ring on my right hand (for symmetry) since my wedding band was on the left. I wear it on my pinky because that is the only finger it will fit. I didn't realize there was any deeper meaning LOL.
    Julie

I don't wear my wedding ring anymore, and I don't have any 'girl' rings. I do have a man's diamond ring that I found 35 years ago, which I occasionally wear, just because. On my right ring finger, basically because that's the only finger it fits on. At one time I used to wear it all the time 'for luck', because I found it. But my life's been anything but lucky, so much for that idea.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Also in some European countries the ring is worn on the right hand.
    my wife is from Denmark. she wears an American style engagement/wedding band set on her American hand and i wear a Danish style wedding band on my Danish hand (right)...

Orthodox Christians regardless of where they live will wear their rings on their right hand...

Banned Spammer
    Thats very interesting leesametz

And Tracii the people saying this to you are from central Kentucky, not some place like New York or Seattle.

And Tracii the people saying this to you are from central Kentucky,

in the thumb of michigan actually