Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hates the Forum.

Banned Read only
    There ya go, sweetie!

We woulda missed ya...

YAY!!! I'm glad you're staying around. I'd miss that smiling face.

Take some time and show her this site. Show her how very well heeled we girls are. Very few of us make the attempt at unseemly activity, and those that do aren't encouraged or permitted by both peer and moderator.

Honestly, it's the first quality that i brag about when discussing this site. precious few other sites provide such an open, respectful and decent environment.

open this oportunity for/to her... build the bridge.. She might be the next supper supportive GG that we all love here.

Respectfully,
    --K

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

I sort of freak myself when I realise how much precious time I spend in this forum. Every day sort of, every night too, and sometimes in the very early morning.
    Herself is not aware of the corner so that is one sort of plus in terms of equality ?
    ~Samm

'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Patterns

[SIZE="2"]There were a couple of similar posts relating to spending more time on here. When any of my daily patterns change my SO picks up on it immediately. She usually thinks that I am keeping something from her. Sound familiar?

I know that it's easy to get wrapped up in all of this so the idea of using a timer to remind you when it is time to return to the "real" world might be an option here.

Dee
    [/SIZE]

Told Wife

I told my wife the other day, at first she was indifferent, then i got the feeling she may be interested in looking at the site.

I do not know that she ever will, but, I set up an account for her so it will be ready for her when and if she ever is.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Just to give you a little more to read and increase your time on-line here's my input. I think it is a case of her not feeling included. I don't mean she should be included, just that she feels like it is something she can't be included in...so she feels lonely. I had a similar issue with my wife. I'm a night owl, she is not. For years she always wanted to go to bed at the same time...it drove me nuts! We moved 'fun time' to the mornings and I stay up late. I do a lot of my surfing when she is sleeping so its not anti-social. Once we were both sitting in front of the TV using our laptops and she actually sent me an email to get my attention. I recommend spending some extra time with her and once and a while show her some of the positive and fun aspects of what you see online... youtube has some great makeup transformation videos, for example.

As always ... there is a lot of really good advice here.

Taking a break from the forum, spending more time with your wife ... trying to get her to see it as helpful. All good things to do in theory ... whether they make sense or are even possible in your reality, of course, is for you to decide.

I noticed that you said you spend 1.5 to 2 hours a day here. Given how much time some people spend on TV, workshops, working on cars, out drinking, playing sports, coaching little league, and so on ... it doesn't sound like much.

If your wife asked you to give up the hour or two a day you spend on those things ... how might you react? Would you feel different? Would you view it as a reasonable request? I fully support the notion of respecting one's SO ... and the need to be gentle with in comes to CDing. I'm just wondering, when you say you're going to quit your on-line activities for a while (assuming, of course, it's not something you want to do) that it may be a dangerous precedent. Not the part about this forum ... the part about letting her censor what you do with, presumably, your free time.

Don't get me wrong .. quality time with your wife and family come first. But I assume you do have free time. Shouldn't how you spend it be your call.

Susan