Thread: Not right now

Not right now

I'm in an unusual situation. I have been a 24/7 crossdresser for years. Fortunate to have a supportive wife. For no reason I don't have any interest in dressing. Started about a month ago. I've had ups and downs with it before but nothing like this. I won't purge, too expensive but I have put everything away. I can't find any reason for this to occur. Any help out there? I have used the chat line , but even that doesn't interest me anymore.
    Kay

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Kay, That happens. Just make sure not to purge so when you are ready again you don't have to start over.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Kay,
    I'm not 24/7 girl. I dress when I have the opportunity, but I too go through times when it does not interest me. I know that I enjoy being a man and love my life as such along with my wife and son. Your'e situation is some what different with having a wife that surports this part of your life. You should just enjoy the moments you have with her and where you are in your life right now, if it comes back you are set to go. I would not try to make more than what it is or force yourself to do something without any interest. You are still you and your wife loves you; what a blessing.

Jennifer N.
    Girl-N-Hose! Heels 2

It could be because you being doing 24/7 for a long time, perhaps you have grown tired of it and the thrill of doing this stuff isn’t there anymore, in my experience to much of a good thing can put a kite wash on it.

On a personal note I cross dross only for the fact that it makes me feel very special inside and in some ways it turns me on to lol proly to much info there but you get what I mean, but I couldn’t do it all the time every day as I know I would quickly grow tired of it so I keep it leveled so the thrill factor is always there.

Time, is on my mind.

Give it time and it will come back, I'm sure
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Kay, you've been dressing 24/7 for years, which means you present femme at work? Out of curiosity, how did they take you showing up one day in guy mode? Also, how is your SO reacting to this?

I hope you don't mind answering my questions. I know this has nothing to do with your post and I wouldn't be able to provide insight anyway, other than suggest that if perhaps there have been other major changes in your life in the last month, the two events might be related.

Reine

Hi Kay,

I've been a CDr for almost 65 years and I can tell you I've had my ups and downs during those years! I can also tell you that purging is extremely expensive as you well know. When I'm in one of my downs I know eventually it will most certainly go back up and I'll pick up CDing where I left off. It has always happened that way for me and I'm sure it will be that way for you. If there is one thing we as crossdressers can count on and it is the need and urge never goes away entirely, never!
    Vivian

ReineD
    I'm retired so the 24/7 comes easy, at least it used to.
    Kay

Smile Have them, too

[SIZE="3"]I have those days when I don't feel like dressing and going out. Sometimes it's good to take a break and reflct on where you are.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

For me it is just (dare I say it) plain lazieness as It takes a lot of time to get myself gussied up enough so that I am comfortable with my look.

Hi Kay. Just treat loss of interest as a sabatical and enjoy the feelings when they return.
    Margot

Maybe nature is telling you it will be a very hard winter, and your guy side will be needed most, or that a great depression is coming on.

Hello Kay!
    I have never been 24/7 (only about one week a month), But several times in my life I have stopped dressing completly. The last time I stopped I did not dress at all from 1990 to 2003! For some reason last year I tried on a mini skirt that was left at our house in Phoenix and I went out and bought a whole outfit, heels and joined this forum! Stopping probably is not a bad thing, society being what it is. Just go with what feels right. Dressing completely is a long job that takes lots of money, effort, times and energy. On top of all that it can cost you heartaches when you go out and are outed. My experience just says stop and see where your mind and feelings take you. After 24/7 for awhile, perhaps being male in drab is a good change.
    Charlie