Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it still count

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar

Does it still count

This falls under the category of 'If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound'.

I'm sitting in my cube at work, pretending to work, and wearing the following:

girls White Stag trousers (brown)
    a girls sweater and blouse set (black sweater and white blouse with red stripes)
    girls trouser socks
    girls shoes
    panties
    bra
    my hair is down - not tied back in a poni-tail

Apart from my undies, none of the above is particularly feminine in style or cut. Even my hair is just -- long.

Well, okay, I may be presenting a little more to the femme side. My wife thought I looked incredibly hot and she said that I better remember that I'm hers because I might having girls wanting to jump my bod. While I truly doubt that last bit, I inly want my wife ravishing me!

So -- to the question. For all intents and purposes its perfectly normal business casual that to the passing observer would appear totally male. That said -- is it still crossdressing if it all looks like guy's clothes?

Past that - its just me thumbing my nose at societal norms

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I think it still counts. I intentionally do the same just to get that special feeling I seam to need. Sometimes it is only girl genes and shoes with a guy top.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    It's all just philosophy! The tree falling? There is always a sound but there is not always a sound that is perceived by a human.

The clothes? Do you perceive them as designed for a female but being worn on a male? If yes, then by your society's rules (and yours it seems) you are CDing whether or not anyone else notices.

BUT

it depends on your definitions. If I were wearing the same things as you I would not perceive myself as cross-dressing. But others might! So I would be CDing and not CDing at the same time. Dressed in mans' clothes as I am now I am cross-dressing, though others think not. Same result. So the question is always moot.

And therein lies the absurdity of the notion of "cross-dressing". The CDing or being TG or whatever facet of this whole thing you represent is just one surface outlet for what happens in our minds. It's the latter that is more difficult to pin down.

That's it, lunch time philosophising over (just call me Bruce why don't you!)

Sarah...

Smile Still count?

I believe it counts. I do the same thing but for the shoes. Haven't purchased any that feel comfortable so resort to my male gear. Regardless of that one item, I feel very fem and enjoy the day.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    I believe it is CDing if the clothes you're wearing are designed for and marketed to women no matter how androgynous the clothes may be.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Still counts Tony-Lynn you go girl.
    Angie

We must have different rule books, Toni!! Mine specifically says skirts and dresses only!! Unless you edited yours... change all - dresses and skirts to slacks... Click? Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

1st: The tree, im ex-navy, sonar technician, fast attack submarines, Navy training says, there are 3 things required for sound, Source: something that creates the sound, in this case, the tree breaking and hitting the ground, Medium: sound will not travel in a complete vacuum, in this case the air, Reciever: someone to hear the sound, in this case, that is missing, there was NO sound.

I just realized something:

Source: being crossdressed, Medium: being visible, Reciever: someone noticing you crossdressed, according to the Navy, I guess you would not be crossdressed.

In my personal opinion, its not that cut and dry. For example, I have a couple of male shirts, that are pink, or patterned, in any case, to me they are feminine and when I am wearing them, I consider myself crossdressed.

OFFICIAL DEFINITION:

Cross-dressing is the act of wearing clothing commonly associated with another gender within a particular society.

Nearly every human society throughout history has distinguished between male and female gender by the style, color, or type of clothing they wear and has had a set of norms, views, guidelines, or even laws defining what type of clothing is appropriate for each gender.

As you can tell by my avatar to the left, I say to heck with the norms, ask anyone that knows me, I am anything but Normal, and I enjoy the attention.
    Last edited by Intertwined; 12-15-2008 at 11:19 AM.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Count, shmount!

I think CDing is as much about "feel" as "looks"! If it was only about looks, most of us would have given it up before we even got started!

If u feel like you're CDing, then, u r! For me, that means the whole 9 yards! For Fred/Frieda, that mite mean just nylons and panties under his/her drabs!

"Remember, Luke, the FARCE is with u!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Dreaming is half the fun.

yes

ofcoures it does,

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    GIRL GENES !!!! WOW !!! Which shop can I get them from????
    Actually, I do have girls genes, was born with them, not long ago, my doctor diagnosed me with Klinefelters Syndrome. Long story short; Chromosomes, Men have XY, Women have XX, I have XXY.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's all girly stuff, so it counts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    1st: The tree, im ex-navy, sonar technician, fast attack submarines, Navy training says, there are 3 things required for sound, Source: something that creates the sound, in this case, the tree breaking and hitting the ground, Medium: sound will not travel in a complete vacuum, in this case the air, Reciever: someone to hear the sound, in this case, that is missing, there was NO sound.
    So if a Russian boomer sneaks into New London and everyone is down to electric boat watching them launch a new Sea Wolf.... Hence your not there to ping it.... The navy will deny everything? Lol

LA class fast attacks didn't have a unisex head if I remember my tour of the Phildelphia?
    I think its more basic than that... If you don't look fem in what ever you wear and you still look like the gender you were born.. It doesn't count... Page 25.. Section 4 paragraph 2.. Hey I don't makeup these rules!! Lol

Wolf in sheeps clothing but still looking like a wolf won't get you into the ladies restroom!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So if a Russian boomer sneaks into New London and everyone is down to electric boat watching them launch a new Sea Wolf.... Hence your not there to ping it.... The navy will deny everything? Lol
    Correct...!

So what's the point, if the navy is so tied up checking it's panties I might as well go wash my hair for the last time. Was that a 4 year warning?
    Ali Cats Creameries

Home is where the cream is.
    I was born into a life of cream.
    Cream is Forever.

Remember that any violations of the Official Rules of Crossdressing are enforced by the Transvestite Police, closet crossdressers are monitered by the Transvestite Secret Police.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Remember that any violations of the Official Rules of Crossdressing are enforced by the Transvestite Police, closet crossdressers are monitered by the Transvestite Secret Police.
    I'm knicked then -- or knickered as the case may be.

Sorry officer -- I'll come quietly -- which would be a first

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Does it matter? Are you being yourself? I think so
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Yes, Toni, I believe it counts. When I dress around the house, even in a unisex look, I do it for the purpose of CDing. IMHO, wearing anything intended for women is CDing.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    The real question is - Did you take a picture? If not, how can it count? lol

Gen

Hello Toni!
    What counts is how you feel. If you feel feminine and like what you are wearing......great. Sounds like the only thing missing is makeup!
    Charlie

Is your analogy similar to: If a man is alone in the woods, is he still wrong?

It doesn't matter if you are wearing a bra, panties, girls shoes and socks, if the buttons of your blouse are on the left, yes, you are cd'ing.

But how can white stag trousers be brown?

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    It is all about how it makes you feel.
    If its femme-to you, its femme to you !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Let's see ... by analogy, if go to work wearing lace panties and pantyhose under my male pants, does that count? It does for me!
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Aspiring Member
    I believe it is crossdressing. First you cannot say that the bra is male attire. Other then that everything you are wearing is marketed to women. But this brings up an age old question. If we could wear anything we wanted, would the blouse or skirt then be cross dressing, would we get the same feeling if no one noticed that we were wearing the clothes of the opposite sex.