Thread: Was there a girl who influenced you?

Was there a girl who influenced you?

I grew up with two older sisters and I knew from the start that I wanted to be like them.

But there was a girl who lived next door who was about the same age as my oldest sister, maybe a year or two older. So, when I was 10, she would have been 19 or 20.

I remember thinking how she was the most georgeous creature I had ever seen. She was blonde with a perfect face and body. Since we lived right next door, I would see her lying out tanning herself. I remember thinking that if I could look like anyone else, it would be her.

I used to sit on the porch swing with her mother, who was a great friend of mine as a kid. I would see her entertaining and leaving with a constant parade of hot guys who were always coming to see her. She wore short shorts and revealing tank tops and was quite busty! I was really envious.

That was also the time when I was not sure whether I was gay or not. I did not know what gay meant. What I did know was that I wanted to be girlie and I found guys to be attractive as well as the girls. I had crushes on some of the guys who came to see her.

There were several girls and older women too who influenced me as a kid, but this one girl really stood out.

What about you?
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

I spent most of my childhood studying or writing essays (something I regret now, I missed out on so much) so I was somewhat of a hermit. I guess academics was my way of hiding myself. Anyways, there actually was a girl. To be completely honest I don't remember much about her (it's been a while) but I do remember dreaming about being her.
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss

One stands out. A farm girl, a mile down the road, with three older brothers. I knew her just a little, since she was in fourth grade, and i was in 8th, and i didn't notice her much, but, when she got into 8th grade, then high school, wow! Six foot two, in flats, great sculptered long shapely unending legs, nice bust. She never would go out with me, and married another guy. Her mom was a good friend to me, but Alice wouldn't talk much with me. I was back there to visit my parents several yrs back, and saw her walk past my car, going in the store, in a skirt, and heels! I felt sad. She looked so happy, and beautiful, and lives on her farm, while i live alone, in a bad area, still single, after all these years. She has been a big inspiration, in my dressing, but so has one lady i saw working at an unemploment office years ago. I dress just like her.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Yeppers! There were two girls, and I get misty eyed just thinking about them. Renee and Rachell. Sad thing is that Renee was killed in a tragic auto accident about 8 years ago. I saw Rachell about 2 years ago and we shared some great memories, but never touched on the topic of crossdressing.

Anyway we spent major parts of the summer together and I think that they really wanted me to be a girl like them. I know that they thought it was unfair that I couldn't wear dresses too. Plus I remember going to a department store like K Mart and they tried to convince their mom to buy me a bra .. as well as convince me to want one! It was all so very sweet.

I know it all sounds like fantasy stuff, but it did happen, although I'll admit it was one off occurrences that left every ounce of my being screaming YES!

A tear rolls down.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Last edited by Toni_Lynn; 12-15-2008 at 02:41 PM.
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

My mother excepted my dressing at 14 as a play thing. But as time went on she knew how much I loved being dressed up, so in her own way she seen to it that I learned how to dress proper and be a lady at all times. If fact at 16 she took me to the shoe store and I got my first pair of heels (black pat 3 1/2" heel). I have dressed every since and I am 69 now and would never go back.

I grew up pea green in envy of my cheerleader sister. She was a beauty, very buxom, great figure, blonde and beautiful. Loved her slips, body suits, panties, you name it. I was jealous of her.......

Funny, she's the only sibling that knows of my feminine ways.

Actually, I had a friend in college named Cathy and she was amazing. Now, I have been an active CDer all my life but she inspired me with her ability to always dress and act very feminine in the (then) man's world of the biology student. I recall a field trip we all took during which we got fairly dirty - except for Cathy who wore white, did all that we did, and still was white at the end of the day. Now, that's my kind of woman!
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Not necessarily. There was a woman, however, who influenced me to always be myself. That was my Grandmother.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My partner. The woman she once was, lives on in me - it gives me a lot of pleasure to think we still share a great deal.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Can't say there was ever a girl who inspired me to cd, but my female style was inspried by a girl I was friends with who passed away a few years ago. She accually inspired alot of things in my life. Tis why I persude my photography profession.
    "Salene"

I wasn't influenced by any girl that I knew, at least not any that I remember. What I think influenced me were the underwear models in the Sears & Roebuck catalog which was the Victoria Secret catalog of its day. Most families had a Sears catalog among the reading material in the bathroom. How I doted on those bra and pantry ads!!

My Inspiration

Hi Everyone: It's a mystery to me; R CDs born or are they made?

When I was 14yo and very self conscious a MILF got very close to my face while we were alone and said "U should wear a bra, your breasts R as big as mine".

I was mortified and blushed and stood there speechless.

It was perhaps a week or two later I was "home alone" and as I walked past my older sister's bedroom I saw on the floor a
    Vassarette black lacecup underwire brassiere 36B and picked it up and held it.

I am unable to explain why I took off my shirt and put it on, but I remember vividly that I amazed myself that I knew just how to lean forward and fasten the band.

When I adjusted my little boy tits onto those lace cups I almost feinted from the sensation.

In that moment I was changed forever into a crossdresser.

If I could look like a woman I would do it, but alas its to late and I am to tall and well U know.

I was raised by my grandma and mom, so I learned a lot of feminine habits from them. But an ex of mine not only encouraged me, but demanded I "try it out once". I have been happily this way ever since!

Easy one. My sister's best friend. Not consciously of course, but perhaps because I was being dressed in her clothing so often, I identified with, and idolized her. Add to that she being the only female who was nice to me, and there was a lot of 'influence' going on there.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Well for me there was a neighbor lady, that I baby sat for when I was in my early teens. She was my height and weight. Had pretty red hair, just all in all a very naturally pretty woman. I managed to explore her closet when her boys were asleep, and one Halloween, her and my mother dressed me as a woman. She opened her closet to me and let me try on several outfits and shoes. Till we found found one that we liked. and even did my makeup. I think, she could tell I was enjoying the whole process. And till this day she has influenced the style of clothes I like to wear.

Huggs, Renee

I was also influenced in junior high school (grades 7 to 9) when all those girls wore their "Marcia Brady dresses." You know the ones I mean, about 10 inches above the knee. This was in the late 60s to around 1970. I remember being so envious of them!

Come to think of it, there were many girls and women who influenced me. I also remember that there was this woman on my paper route. I would have been around 14. She was in her late 20s or 30s. It was an afternoon paper that I delivered right after school. In the summer she would alway be tanning out in the back yard and it just so happened they wanted the paper delivered to the back door. So I'd always see her -- topless, but turned over. What a beautiful sight for a kid who wanted to be a girl.

Also, when I went to the door to collect the bill once every week or two, she answered the door always wearing something slinky. A nightie. A sheer robe. Always something that left little to the imagination. The fact that I remember this lady 40 years later shows what an impression she made on me.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

Oh, the power a classy dressed lady can have, that many decades later, they still affect us! I don' think some of them even realize this. If they did, why do so many only wear blue jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, sweatshirts!?

Banned Read only
    This is an easy one my mom hands down! When I was growing up my dad was always away on business trips so I spent a lot of time with her. I used to always exercise with her and I wanted to look just like her she always looked like the women on the tapes. After a while she knew I was a CD and accepted it so when I was about 15 or so we were getting ready to workout when she gave me my own black Danskin leotard and we did Kathy Smith’s Body Basics workout.

Geoff

Yep, when I was about four or five I had a friend (lets call her julie) who was the same age as me. We did everything together. We used to play in the cricket field which was opposite her house. There were lots of shrub & tree gardens
    where we would play for hours. She used to like me to swap clothes with her while we played. I can remember that even then I liked it. I guess that this was my intro to CDing as I've liked it ever since. I haven't seen her for many years. I wonder if she's a CDer like me?
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

my friend Tina who put me in a dress and told me I looked good - then helped me with hair and makeup - thanks babe

mitch