Thread: Health Benefits of Being a CD

Health Benefits of Being a CD

I've often thought that CDing is good for you.

When I can't dress for a while (2-3 days) I definitely start get tense and ratty and I'm certainly a nicer person en-femme. So there are psychological benefits.

I also watch my weight to try and stay a size 14 (I'd love to be a 12). I'm sure if I didn't dress I'd be a good deal larger and unhealthier.

Does anyone else find the same or other benefits.

Yeah, i am really only 21yrs old , look what all that stress and anxiety has done for me , it`s enough to drive anyone to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Well for sure I'm taking better care of myself and I lost 50 pounds.. But I no longer get stressed if I don't dress for a while.. So that's actually a plus.. But offset that with the fact that a lot of the makeup and beauty products have cancer causing components.. And taking supliments to promote breast growth which can lead to breast cancer.. So in the long run who really knows if its healthier or not..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

HI Janet

Hi Janet
    I see you are a golfer. I am too. Golf in NJ and Fla
    How about you. where are you from?
    Being a 14 we could borrow
    but I am pretty tall
    Janet

I watch what I eat. I walk for miles and I dance forever to build up attitude. There are other things I won't mention here but I now feel as fit as I was when I was 25. Yes, there are many benefits of dressing!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Having left over 70 pounds of myself on the gym floor, and being more careful about my facial skin, I've been told that I look almost 10 yrs younger.

General attitude has vastly improved.

Yeah I'd say there was some benefit to all this "girly stuff"

The only "downside" along with a slimmer waist I also have a "slimmer" bank account.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    .. But offset that with the fact that a lot of the makeup and beauty products have cancer causing components..
    I hear women get less skin cancer on the face less because they are protected to some degree by makeup (foundation and lipstick), especially makeup with SPF protection.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

As far as CDing, it's mostly psychological and mindset. The greatest health benefit I see is the freedom to be myself in any mode.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by NancyTO View Post
    I hear women get less skin cancer on the face less because they are protected to some degree by makeup (foundation and lipstick), especially makeup with SPF protection.

True but one of the main indrediants in mineral makeup and sun block is TiO2 which is now listed as a cancer causing agent when inhaled...

.......My Photos

karren your not meant to snort your foundation sis

Quote Originally Posted by catriona36 View Post
    karren your not meant to snort your foundation sis
    Damn.... I've been doing it all wrong all these years!!!

.......My Photos

Hello Janet!
    Welcome to the forum. I hope that you get as much information and enjoyment out of talking to all of these girls as I do! I think that the only health benefit I get from being a crossdresser is eating less and trying to maintain a reasonable waist size. That is probably offset though by the stress of going out and worrying about being outed by a lout.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    I think that the only health benefit I get from being a crossdresser is eating less and trying to maintain a reasonable waist size. That is probably offset though by the stress of going out and worrying about being outed by a lout.
    Exactly my feelings! As I long as I'm not tempted into hormones which have been shown to cause breast cancer in several studies, one released in the last week.

How about the increased number of car accidents while you looking at your makeup in the rearview mirror doing 75 on the interstate highway??? Not healthy at all!! lol

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    I make a conscious effort to maintain my weight and to stay slim and trim. Being a cd makes me happy and I think that is reflected in my positve outlook on life.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Keeps your options, and mind, open!

Health benefits? Does my avatar look like a 60 y/o? If most of my friends, that r my age, started CDing, they couldn't fit into anything except Mu Mu's!

Every time I gain 10 lbs., 25% of my wardrobe won't fit! Whereas, if I LOSE 10 lbs., there's another 15+ pieces in there, that I can fit into for the first time! How's that for motivation?

However, none of that compares to how active CDing keeps my mind! I'm constantly thinking of new costume/dressing combinations, and ways to change my looks!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Janet, hey that's a coincidence (name-sport). Unfortunately I'm in NSW Australia. Still the way my daughter is playing maybe I'll be following her round on the pro tour in a few years.

Off the sport thread (there are other forums for that). One down side, and I'm not sure if it's the girly side or just me, is a love of chocolate - although the chocolate manufacturers would have you believe it's good for you. Possibly not a half pound at a time.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    For me CDing has saved my life. I started drinking because of prejudice shown by others. A litre of rum everyday, and 4 time that much from Friday evening to Sunday night.

It was only when I went to AA that I recognised that I had this strength in me, an incredible drive to be me that all found its nexus in my crossdressing. I tapped that strength 20 years ago, and it has helped me to stand up to those who seek to hurt me -- and that includes me! -- as well as stay sober.

Had I not been a crossdresser, I feel that I would either be dead or a skid-row drunk.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I would say yes, I did not dress for a while and I did stress out and spent a few days in a hospital and took the rest of the week off from everything! Now I make sure to dress at least once a month or more and I feel better.

Definately relaxing and always watching what i eat. Im sick right now and cant eat, but the idea that skirts will fit better is a plus.

Count me as one of those who is more diligent about exercising now that I CD.

This post has come up frequently - for the majority if not all of us, CROSSDRESSING has the following health benefits:

1) the desire to lose weight
    2) the desire to take care of our bodies
    3) the relief of stress
    4) the relief of depression and anxiety
    5) the relief of suicidal thoughts
    6) the relief of frustration and irritability
    7) the rationalization of who and what we are so we can work toward accepting ourselves
    8) the relief of shame, secrecy, being afraid to deal with ourselves
    9) the opportunity to live our lives to the fullest where we can explore our feminine traits
    10) the opportunity to express ourselves on Forums like this

I am sure that there are a whole lot more, but that is what was on my mind right now

JoAnne Wheeler

I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by JanetHarper View Post
    I've often thought that CDing is good for you.

When I can't dress for a while (2-3 days) I definitely start get tense and ratty and I'm certainly a nicer person en-femme. So there are psychological benefits.

I also watch my weight to try and stay a size 14 (I'd love to be a 12). I'm sure if I didn't dress I'd be a good deal larger and unhealthier.

Does anyone else find the same or other benefits.
    I agree dressing has kept my waist line in check.

Huggs, Renee