Thread: You can do it

You can do it

On Saturday I went to my local Trans Gendered Group and afterwards went to an Italian restaurant dressed. That is probably not such an earth shattering situation for many of you, but for someone who has only dressed five times is his life, twice in studios and thrice at home and I am 64 years old, it was in retrospect absolutely mind blowing

Walking from the car to the restaurant I expected to feel embarrassed, yet the most amazing thing was how normal the situation felt and how normal I felt. At the door there was a quite merry crowd of smokers, yet with an excuse me we were in and were greeted by the proprietor. He would recognise me in drab, but whether he did dressed I don’t know. During the meal two young attractive ladies came across and had a chat with the three of us.

Two of us are over six foot tall and yes we were read (I believe that is the term), but I really felt “so what”. What I am trying to get across is that the terrible fear and trepidation I felt before going out that night turned out to be really quite groundless.

I want to publicly thank my wife who, despite grave reservations, encouraged me to take this step knowing how much I yearned to go out; Nicki B, who has been absolutely marvellous in counselling me about my fears about this condition of ours over the past few months and who was with me last Saturday and also a thank you to Holly for advice earlier this year. I am not out of the woods yet, and I expect quite a few more tears will be shed before I find the right balance of my desires and what is acceptable to my wife.

Pleased it all went so well for you Jae. Maybe there's still hope for me yet!

'Walking from the car to the restaurant I expected to feel embarrassed, yet the most amazing thing was how normal the situation felt and how normal I felt'.

That walk from the car to the venue is an amazing experience, particularly with other girls. I remember my first experience. I are so busy chatting, etc, that I really wasn't thinking that I was out on a public footpath in a mini skirt and high heels as though it was the most natural thing I could be doing. It wasn't til later that the sensation came to me.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself so much.

Hiya Jae,

Hey, congratulations hun. I'm just a little behind you in years and confidence and am hoping to do the restaurant thing in the not too distant future. I have been to a number of TG friendly events and even walked some distance from hotels to these events. Actually, I have also enjoyed a few restaurant meals (also Italian), but in known TG friendly areas. Would love to gain the confidence to just "do it" elsewhere.

Thanks for showing us what we can do with just a little moral support...you were in good hands there, I've met Nicki B a few times. I know she would have been the ideal girl to accompany and support you on your outing.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Hooray for you! If that is your picture in your avatar, you are stunning! I am 76 and have been a CD for longer then you have been alive! When my late iwfe was alive we went out together many times as two girls. I long ago reached the point where I didn't care what other people thought about my choice of clothing. Although when my wife fixed my wig and did my makeup I did look totally feminine! Now that she has passed on, I just dress and go out without the wig or makeup! As I said, I don't care!!

I hope things work out for you and your wife so you can go out more!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

i am happy all went well and that you had a great time. and thank you for telling us of your adventure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    That was awesome.You must feel great.The first time out is the hardest after that it is just natural.

Yeah!! The feeling of normality when out and about is just amazing, isn't it??
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Is there any other situation known to man,that feels so normal but is so exhaustingly good ?
    Congrats girl, congrats.
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Banned Read only
    Oh, Jae...that's fantastic!

And I remember your introduction only a few months ago...

Not a virgin anymore are you?

And Big Sister Nicki is a super guardian angel, ain't she?

Congratulations, dear one...

more respect & love for you,

deja

Quote Originally Posted by Jae View Post
    I am 64 years old
    I think you made a typo there because I don't see it.

Congrats on your first time out!!
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Jae, that's pretty much exactly how it was for me when I attended the local chapter here this past June. I felt pretty normal, really, the whole time. While at the meeting, I felt very comfortable, and really glad I was out with people and dressed from head to toe. I wore a pretty dress, and did my makeup meticulously....the whole thing. Afterwards, I screwed up my courage and did the restaurant thing with the 'girls' from the meeting. It all felt perfectly normal. I was very surprised, and you can be sure, I'll jump at the chance should it ever come up again.

So I'm glad you had the same wonderful experience I did. Coincidence? I think not!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Jae, what a lovely post!

I think there r messages in it for us closet CDs.

One of them being, there's strength in numbers!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Jae, I am so proud of you AND your wife! It seems that the two of you are both working hard to discover your individual acceptance of yourselves and of one another. Now that you know the "fear factor" is highly overstated, you can concentrate your efforts on exploration. Well done!!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Jae, congratulations on your first time out. I am sure you are glad you made this bold step and had so much fun doing it. I am only a few years younger than you and I too waited a long time before venturing out. I have not been to a restuarant yet but I am going to try it soon. I first started going out only six months ago and enjoy myself every time I go out. I'm sure this won't be your last time out so let us know how how the next adventure goes.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    One of them being, there's strength in numbers!
    It helps greatly, IMHO, if there are two of you. You can do almost anything, with two (often easier than with more)?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]