Thread: catalogs

catalogs

Hi girls how many of you get catalogs mailed to you?
    i get Victoria's secret,newport News.Metro Style and a
    few others.I can't wait for them to come.I love to oreder
    things online.I wonder what my mailman thinks since
    there are no women living here.

I had purchased a few items from newport news a few years ago. Unfortunetaly I was still living at home with my parents at the time. Not only did I get catalogs from newport news, but I also was put on the mailing list for several other stores like Romans, Lerners, Spiegal etc. Under normal circumstances I love to look at catalogs, but I would have to race to the mailbox first everyday so my parents would not wonder why these catalogs had my name on them.
    Just last year I ordered a few wigs online and I was put on thier catalog mailing list. However because the catalogs coul dnot fit in my mailbox, the mailman put them in a tray with other magazines and oversize mail in the hallway of my apartment complex. Thus everyone would go through it to see if they had mail, and everyone saw my name on th email catalog. I guess thats what I get for ordering things online, next time I will have to check the box not tot send me alerts or emails or catalogs.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    My wife likes to tease me that I get more women's catalogs than she does .... by a long shot. But that's because I shop for her, AND me!!
    Love

Lynne

I used to get Frederick's and some other catalogs back like 25 years ago. I don't order many catalogs nowadays but I'm back to living with my Mom and I have a relatively free hand with the mail. She just lets me go down to the first floor to get it and asks no questions. I order a lot of wigs and stuff off of the web. I have to be a little careful about ocaisional midwestern retiree(I live in a building for retired and disabled medicare and etc.)peskiness about "what's in the package,S__?" or a little bit of quiet curiousity about the ocaisional catalog. But I don't think anybody here really cares that much or enough to make a big deal out of it.

Yep: I also subscribe to Allure and Marie Claire as well. I really dont think the postman cares at all its just mail to them. I'm guessing we arent the only two single guys who enjoy the VS catalog Everyone gets Junk mail.

To avoid the catalogs and offers from friends set up a profile and register for the site. That usually allows you to set the e-mail option and request no snail mail. If you do a "one time order" and dont join: the marketing doors open really wide ; even if you request getting it packaged as a gift.

I used to use Cari in the address but it doubled my junk mail and was awkward when a package needed signed for. I was getting the same stuff addressed to both of us. So now I just use my first initial.

The e-mails also contain discount offers and lots of fun stuff. The catalogs I really enjoy I request. Ive found I get better deals on clearance thru the e-mail by the time the catalog would arrive there was lots of stuff already gone.

Cari

Don't really gey any... Since I do all my shopping locally... The Sunday sale flyers is more than enough to help me reain my purse!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yup, I get 'em. When I was in an apartment I was getting a bunch of them. When I moved, I chose not to get them all again. It was quite a waste of paper. I do enjoy paging through one from time to time, looking at styles and such, getting ideas for the clothes I already have. I still order form some of these mail order companies but I prefer the email/online route. You do need to know your size well AND have a feel if the company runs large or small. However, there is nothing like try before you buy right in the brick and mortar store.
    Happy browsing and shopping,
    - Lilia

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea's Lynne View Post
    My wife likes to tease me that I get more women's catalogs than she does .... by a long shot. But that's because I shop for her, AND me!!
    Ditto here. It's sounds like my house.

Heck, I don't need to get any, my wife has that base covered! She gets them ALL!!

Victoria's secret, Chadwicks, Boston Proper, Fredericks, Body Central, Hanes (I won't order from them anymore, they send postcards with your order plainly in great big letters if they don't have your bras panties extra large stockings garter belts in stock. And just to make sure, they send a reminder card every friggin' week with the same info!). Also get a cheerleader and dance magazine. I don't have to get the mags like cosmo, glamour etc., as I get to read them at work. I have a private post box at a UPS store, they don't seem to care what I order as long as I pay for the box. I think people in the delivery business are pretty much numb to it all; they see so much of it, after a while they really don't care anymore. I knew one UPS delivery man, a husband of a coworker; it was after the unabomber and anthrax incidents, he once remarked to me he occasionally wondered how much illegal drugs and other contraband he unknowingly delivered over the years. He didn't seem to worry about it much, though. So I guess there are way bigger concerns in the delivery business than whether I'm buying bras and panties for myself.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Smile Cataloges

Without a doubt I receive more womens catalogs than my wife. No teasing has ever occured. She scans them all and sometimes purchases items she requires. Interesting point is we have a housekeeper who, no doubt, notices the mailing lable with my name in plain view. Nothing has ever surfaced over this fact directly or indirectly. My closet is full of womens things still nothing has given me any indication she knows or even cares.

catalogs

VS
    Chadwicks and their partners
    Layne Braynt

catalogs

My granddaughter askedme why do some of the womens clothing catalogs are addressed to me. All I said was that the credit card that Nana uses is in my name. Whew.

Smile catalogs

I get them all - do most of my shopping from them - but online.....buy buy buy is my motto. Jennie CD

I was glancing through a Target brochure this morning and it occurred to me that I was actually looking at the items before I noticed the model wearing the item.

I gave myself a severe talking to and I promised to do the other way around in future.