Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would you stay in the closet?

Banned Read only

would you stay in the closet?

Just curious, I was wondering for those who are in the closet. If crossdressing was more accepted , just as a female can dress in male attire. How many of us closet crossdressers would openly dress? What would you consider comparable for a male crossdresser to wear? Like our female counter parts can wear trousers would a dress be comparable? Are our so called female counterparts really crossdressing ? Those I know of do not wear boxers.

The more I think about this thread the more I see some crossdressers throw out the fact that women dress in male fashion openly. I really don't see that true. I say that because they manage to keep that fem look that makes them just as attractive as if they where in traditional female clothing ( a dress ).. I read more threads in here stateing we dress and perfer the items to be of female nature , most of us now having the option to buy silk boxers or male nylon briefs still perfer panties. Its just not the same.

What would you wear if society over night accepted us as a normal event if we was walking down the street sporting a wig to look fem or if you still have hair grown and cut to resemble a female style. High heels,dress and etc. Would you leave the closet?

I think I will remain in the closet myself due to all the years of rejection..

Aspiring Member
    this is an interesting question. I think I would dress as the mood hit me that day. some days i would like to wear a blouse, bra, camisole, skirt, half-slip, thigh-his, and 2 inch heels. other days a nice dress. other days a blouse, bra, and nice slacks. Ladies slacks.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

When CDing is acceptable AND pigs can fly!

Seriously, this is a thot provoking post! This is a bit like imagining what I would do if I flew to Mars!

I certainly wouldn't dress as do now.
    It takes me too long to prep, and I don't dress for comfort now.

I probably would eventually dress like a lot of GGs do now!
    Mostly casual, but sometimes, all the way to the 9's!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-18-2008 at 07:20 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I would wear whatever I felt like wearing at the time. I certainly would wear a skirt or dress at times but not every day. I would dress as a woman but it would be appropriate for the occassion just as real women do now. If society accepted men wearing womens clothes as a normal event this could result in having negative consequences for us if it was carried to the extreme. Would you want to live in a world where all clothing was 'unisex' and there was no differentiation between mens and womens clothing and only different sizes made to fit everyone? If this were so then there would be no such thing as crossdressing. Maybe hundreds of years from now this might happen and maybe not. I certainly would not want to be part of such a mundane society. Maybe I have got a little off topic here but to answer your last question, if crossdressing was the norm and perfectly acceptable why would you not leave the closet. There would be no reason to remain in the closet if there were no restrictions in regard to gender specific clothing. All of us would be freed from our prisons so why would anyone still want to remain hidden away?

Banned Read only
    I just wouldn't feel right out in public..But that's just me..I think it would be a better world if it was excepted and would be proud to been seen with my friends if they choose to be about..But it's just not me..I thought about that and at one time it was a dream don't see it that way anymore..But I am sure in time as I revolve into my deep cycles it will return again..

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    If all manner of dress was acceptable no matter what gender you are, I would dress in whatever I was IN THE MOOD to wear on that particular day.......whether it be skirts & tops, dresses, slacks, jeans, capris, etc.

Whatever is appropriate

If it was accepted by society, I would prefer to wear a dress, or skirt and top, with nice shoes most days. Bra and breastforms are trickier, since those are "unnecessary" but I might still use them. Wig and make-up I could do without since they are so much work. (So now I am clearly a man in a dress with boobs - just how accepting is this new world?)
    If I was working in the yard, on the house or car, jeans and t-shirt are much more practical.
    The really difficult question might be what to put on after a hard work-out at the gym (male support, no extra equipment). What to do in the locker room.

If that happened I'd be walking the streets in a heart beat. Noy just dressing at home.
    Angie

I would dress the way I dress as Dawn. I feel extrremely comfortable presenting where I wear a skirt and blouse, shoulder length hair, makeup and jewelry, "breasts" pushing out as I look down, nicely polishes nails, the feel of my nylons as I cross and uncross my legs, the feel and sound as I walk, in heels, acrossss pavcement or tile and wooden floors. It is the way I wish to look forever.

I would dress according to where I was.

This is a great question. I think at first I would start out slow "stick my toe in the water and test it". See what the reactions might be. If it was as accepted as I would like, I just know I would "go all out" all the time and feel absolutely wonderful about myself. ( as long as it was appropriate to wear. ) giggle, I wouldn't wear an evening gown to work, if it was was casual Fridays.
    I think eventually I would dress as a GG would. Some days something comfortable and others something a little nicer and eye catching that show off the curves.
    I wonder how long it would take us to feel the same way about articles of clothing that women tire of and we covet so much. I can't tell you how many times I have heard women complain about wearing a bra or stockings everyday. Or how they are tired of wearing (say it ain't so! ) heels!!

hugs!
    -Amanda

Wink

Interesting thread. In that case, I still do not think that I would go out dressed. I still have no interest in ordinary,[to me], fem clothes. It would take the combined forces of heaven and hell to get me out of the closet!!!!!

I may not dress to the nines everyday but I would certainly never wear pants again. I find skirts and dresses so much more comfortable.

Karen Sue

Similar Thread

This one is similar to the other thread floating around about if it were acceptable for men to wear womens clothing how hard would we work to pass with a twist to discuss W2M. Self acceptance is and always will be one of the most difficult concepts we face no matter where we are on this journey. It might be less difficult (never assume and not doing it here) to feel accepted by society when going W2M. Although I am sure there are many of the same emotional and mental struggles. I suppose that societies eyes in this moment are going to be more focused on the big guy in the skirt tripping around in a pair of 3" red heels verses the women in a 3 peice suit and wingtips. I hope that I am not being crass here or in anyway allowing my ignorance to seem unsympathetic, because I have not had a great deal of interactions with W2M, and would love to hear some of their comments regarding this thread.

Lauren

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I would wear mostly skirts and dresses because I feel more comfortable in them. during warm weather I always wear shorts because it is the closest acceptable item of clothing to a skirt that I can wear atm.
    That will change next year.
    living the dream

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    It's tough to say. If it was more acceptable I probably would wear skirts and nylons out and about. I'm sure there would also be the days I just want to wear jeans and a hoody.

I think i would be cautious, but would go out every few weeks, in dresses, or skirts, hose, heels, coat or sweater. I would still dress in male garb 90% of the time, because i do blue collar work, and there are a lot of people i don't want to find out! I would go to a town an hour or two away.

Whether it would be accepted or not isn't so much the issue, I think few people that don't know us actually give a rat's a$$ what we want to wear if we aren't interacting with them. Other than when at work where a particular set of clothes is required, men and women usually dress in a particular way as to be sexually attractive to those we are interested in. I'm not interested in men, so I would probably not go out wearing foundation garments that make me look more female, or wear my wigs that are obviously female in appearance, dresses that are feminine, or shoes that make me walk more like a woman does. Not to mention, I wouldn't wear make up that emphasizes feminine characteristics (it is, after all, well known that the lips above are painted to make us think of the lips down below), or eye makeup to make myself appear like an open eyed 'receptive' girl. After all, who am I trying to attract?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Whatever mood makes me happy

If the world suddenly accepted CDing, I be soooooooooo happy. I would defintly be a better dresser(male and female). I would develope a combination the two. I would definitly be wearing panty and/or hose most days. I think the biggest thing that I would love in this new world is that I could go shopping with and ask my GG friends and family for advice on clothes.

Cary

As a male I've never been on the cutting edge of fashion so it would take me awhile to step out in female clothing if it became acceptable. But once I put my toe in the water I would be doing it all the time. My dress would match the situation...if GG's are in blue jeans and t-shirts, that's what I would be wearing too. It doesn't have to be a dress and heels every day, only when it fits the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by curse within View Post
    Just curious, I was wondering for those who are in the closet. If crossdressing was more accepted , just as a female can dress in male attire. How many of us closet crossdressers would openly dress? What would you consider comparable for a male crossdresser to wear? Like our female counter parts can wear trousers would a dress be comparable? Are our so called female counterparts really crossdressing ? Those I know of do not wear boxers.

The more I think about this thread the more I see some crossdressers throw out the fact that women dress in male fashion openly. I really don't see that true. I say that because they manage to keep that fem look that makes them just as attractive as if they where in traditional female clothing ( a dress ).. I read more threads in here stateing we dress and perfer the items to be of female nature , most of us now having the option to buy silk boxers or male nylon briefs still perfer panties. Its just not the same.

What would you wear if society over night accepted us as a normal event if we was walking down the street sporting a wig to look fem or if you still have hair grown and cut to resemble a female style. High heels,dress and etc. Would you leave the closet?

I think I will remain in the closet myself due to all the years of rejection..
    No, it IS the same. Look at girls like Samantha Ronson (giving personal examples of people i've met is the same thing as a celeb).

But, to answer the question - acceptance isn't all of it. If it was accepted but I couldn't find a mate, then i'd still have a problem. Posing that I could still be found attractive AND it was accepted the way women are accepted having short hair and wearing complete man clothes, then, well, i'd probably be full-time, then.

Having zero repercussions means there's no point in me dressing in men's clothes any more.

Professional Socialite
    might be alot harder to pass if it was accepted like that since everyone wouldnt pay attention to clothing as a means of identifing your gender and look more closely at the facial features, might not be able to pass as well as if it wasnt accepted. I would love to wear denim miniskirts as well as summer dresses and the shoes :>
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many CDs mistakenly believe that if they were given the total freedom they want then they would take advantage of it everyday. In reality after an initial period of exuberation you would settle down to wearing what you felt like at the time, and that would mean you would often find yourself in jeans and T-shirts and dressing up when you felt the situation warranted it. In other words we would end up with the same clothing habits as GGs.

This warrants the question that if CDs and GGs have the same habits - either we are not CDs anymore or GGs are in fact crossdressing but their behavior is governed by the freedom and acceptance to wear masculine clothing.

I would be out in a heartbeat
    Love and kisses,
    Kimberly

I sotimes wear a kilt out. It mens clothing but its a change and has good air flow.

Having been formly in the closet all this time it would feel strange to get out in the world in girly clothes, but I reckon I'd get used to it pretty quickly. I would wear a skirt or dress most days, without being dressed to the nines