Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: would you stay in the closet?

How i wish i live long enough to see a world were i could wear all the pretty skirts, dresses, heels etc and no one would judge me.

Quote Originally Posted by nylonlove View Post
    How i wish i live long enough to see a world were i could wear all the pretty skirts, dresses, heels etc and no one would judge me.
    Well they would still judge you but on different criteria such as approval or disapproval of your outfit, hairdo, make-up etc. There is a lot of judging done when you present a feminine image which is one reason why GGs now dress in a neutral fashion.

If crossdressing were accepted as normal behavior, I would be dressed 24/7.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Wink In the Closet

If society accepted crossdressers,I would be out of the closet asap.I love
    to wear pantyhose,mini skirts,silky soft blouses&heels

Quote Originally Posted by curse within View Post
    Just curious, I was wondering for those who are in the closet. If crossdressing was more accepted , just as a female can dress in male attire. How many of us closet crossdressers would openly dress? What would you consider comparable for a male crossdresser to wear? Like our female counter parts can wear trousers would a dress be comparable? Are our so called female counterparts really crossdressing ? Those I know of do not wear boxers.
    Given that I was in the closet a year ago and not now...

A few months ago I decided that crossdressing was accepted by society. So I did. Now I crossdress all the time. At home at the grocery store, around my kids and their friends.

I wear stylish women's jeans most of the time, putting on a skirt to go out for an evening. When it is cold I wear turtle neck sweaters. When not I wear a nice blouse. My nails have red polish for Christmas, before that they were a nice maroon shade. I put on jewellery and makeup when leaving the house, and sometimes just around the house. I guess not much different from what most women are wearing.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

If crossdressing is more open and accepting, then yes I would crossdress most of the time since I feel right being a women.
    Amanda

Former Member
    My male clothes would hit the dumpster.........

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Reading this post I had to comment, I had to get out of the closet 3 years ago no room for the clothes and me. Seriously it is scary in the beginning but now I go anywhere and everywhere, I dress to where I'm going and what the GGs are wearing around me, confident and comfortable where ever I go, so much at ease I forget I'm dressed as I am. All I have to say is most people couldn't care you are out there and I blend into the background and stay in stealth mode as much as I can, but I am out and interact with people and go and do the everyday things. The more people see us out and find we are not threatening, the less of a big deal it will be. Stop talking about it get out find a support group, a tg friendly bar take that first step, closets are for clothes not to hide in. Yes it's safe but not a fraction of the fun I'm having now. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I agree with others, I would dress as I like depending on my mood, and the situation. Anything form a formal gown to sweats, just the option would greatly please me. My hair would be grown out and styled much differently though.

What an interesting question! If it were more accepted I would probably dress openly at home, since most of what I like wearing would be inappropriate for someone of my age to be wearing in public.

I kind of wonder if dressing would be as much fun... I think there is some thrill (at least for me) of wearing clothes that I'm not supposed to be wearing.

I would wear a bra every day, and depending on the situation skirts, slacks and dresses. Love to go shopping with my wife while I wore the dress. lol

I'd be out the second that I found out about it and probably not wear male clothes for quite a while. Wouldn't I look cute wearing capris and tube top riding my motorcycle with fur trimmed boots.Billie Jean
    Last edited by Billie Jean; 12-31-2008 at 11:51 PM.

Smile Out of the closet

If CD became acceptable,I would be wearing short mini skirts,pantyhose&
    silky blouses&heels,and short skirtsuits to work
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

This is a complex question with several variables (how much acceptance, would a person dress some of the time or all of the time, etc.); however, I'll respond to the part that interests me the most.
    When I dress, I add some of the parts of my outfit for "female effect" because it's easier to be accepted in female attire when one looks female (longer hair, earrings, make-up, contours). If crossdressing were broadly accepted in US society, perhaps a male could wear a dress, stockings, heels, etc. without having to have the contours and other features that people typically expect from a woman's presentation.
    I don't wear silk boxers because I don't like boxers. I wear women's underwear because I like the fit and the feel. But no one sees what kind of underwear I'm wearing.
    warmly, Linnea

would you stay in the closet?

Its not that easy to come out of the closet you know. Because of the controverse about crossdressing, there will always be a lot of people against it. If you new your neighbors, people at work, you know the people you dealt with everyday didn't object. Yes I would be out of the closet. Dressed in 4" heels and a low slung black dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    If the world suddenly accepted CDing, I be soooooooooo happy. I would defintly be a better dresser(male and female). I would develope a combination the two. I would definitly be wearing panty and/or hose most days. I think the biggest thing that I would love in this new world is that I could go shopping with and ask my GG friends and family for advice on clothes.

Cary
    Cary I couldn't have stated it better. We could have quite a wonderful time all of the time.
    Laura