Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What shall I do......?

What shall I do......?

I have just come home from a Christmas Party of a theatrical club that I am a member of, and I have been invited to take part in their new year party as Lesley! One of the members who I have known for many years (he would get upset if I said the word 'drag') in fact when I was producing shows I booked him to top the bill two years ago in Ibiza, a fantastic act. Some time ago I 'confessed' that I was a CD'er to him,and showed him my photographs as Lesley (actually my SO showed him the photo's) Well kill a long story, I have been asked to perform in this show, not as Graham, but as Lesley, my SO is all for me doing it, and I want to, BUT this would mean I would come out to the entire membership. My SO said that if I decide to do the show, I must arrive at the club as Lesley and afterwords leave as Lesley. As I write this to you, I really wish to, BUT? I think I know what I shall do, but I would like your support.
    With all my love,
    Lesley Ann.

It's a theater, you're an actor, consider it acting. IMO, you don't have anything to worry about. Even after your performance, I don't think a lot of people will consider you a CDer, even afterwards. And, even if they do, remember, you're just acting right?
    -Sedona

its theater..
    they all dress up once in a while. go for it
    you have the support of a wonderfull woman, what else do you need.
    have fun
    cat

I would try to gather the courage to do it if presented the chance! Go for it Lesley Ann.

Edy

As long as your SO doesn't have a "problem" with it, GO FOR IT ! It's a sacrifice you have to make for the sake of theater.

Diane

Go for it. My wife was in the theatre and she's very accepting of my CD'ing. We both feel that theatre people are accepting of different life styles.
    Hugs,

Teddie

It sounds a great chance to get out there and be 'you'! I'd do it and enjoy the whole experience, you go for it girl.
    Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Sounds like a great time. Have lots of fun and take some pictures. I am jealous.

Would doing this bring a hardship on you And would that be more then the opportunity is worth if not then go for it. Hell it may be really fun Lesley.
    Angie

go for it.. and have fun!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Lesley, we r all actors/actresses, on the stage of life!

At any time, we can make the decision to be someone different! As many of here choose to do quite often!

If u think of this opportunity as just another acting assignment, you should have no problems! U r to perform a part as "Lesley". Just do it as u think she would do it!

Have fun and, "Break a leg"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Go for it. Towards anyone else, it will look like theater, just like the other girls said. Just think of how many other actors or performers have dressed as females for tv/movies, etc. Aside from everyone being entertained, even Justin Timberlake wore a leotard and heels on Saturday Night Live!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/208960...e_single_lady/

It there was any group to come out to that would be the one. Go for it.

JUST go for it girl. With an approving SO why would you care it's theater for heaven sakes.
    Laura

OMG, your wife knows and is supportive, your friend knows and is supportive, you want to do it, but... , nah, stay home and spend the rest of your life wishing you had. Kidding of course. As they say in the Nike commercials, Just Do It!

Go for it girl. If you don't I'm confident you will regret it. With a supportive wife and friend how can you go wrong? Do it and have fun....besides, it's just theater.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Banned Read only
    Hunny, why are you even asking?

You were supposed to just do it and then...

show us the pictures!

Opportunity to be judged

This is an opportunity for u to see/know how pple will react to ur femme side e.g. whether they'll find it disgusting, pleasing or not.
    Despite the fact that u might get a different reaction from dressing for a play and by saying u r actually a CD. This is a golden opportunity to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Ann View Post
    my SO is all for me doing it, . . . My SO said that if I decide to do the show, I must arrive at the club as Lesley and afterwords leave as Lesley.
    I'm with your wife on this one.

And, as it's an "act", then there's no actual outing. Some may wonder, but so what, the world will keep turning.

Besides, being out can be a good thing. Like more opportunities, etc.
    DonnaT

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

no brainer...

This is an acting challenge. You happen to be more up to the challenge than most, but who has to know that if you don't want them to? This is a role you have taken on, and when you do well you can just say that. You can also make it clear just how delighted you are to have succeeded in the role!

After that no one will question her presence in the slightest!

imho

tina

Heck, I live in a small town and I'd go as Lisa if asked!!!
    So-o-o-o-o go ahead, shave those legs and arms and party!!!
    Just my opinion!!
    Lisa Elizabeth

Sure, you are nervous about this and all the people, Lesley. I would be scared to death. So...maybe your wife would let you arrive the first rehearsal as androgynous, slacks and blue top, inconspicuous shoes. I think after the first time it will be easy. I am sure you wife would never pressure you--right?

Aspiring Member

Be the ball.

Sounds like you've been properly selected to do something you enjoy and do well.

Great.

Rise to the occasion and enjoy your event.

Life should be this good all the time!

Go for it.
    It is hard to step out of the closet, but once out, it is so much fun.
    No closet is big enough!

Silver Member
    I see this as a great opportunity to be yourself and not be questioned on it. After all you are putting on an act for the audience and you have your wife's encouragement so by all means go for it.