Thread: I'll never understand women...

I'll never understand women...

I like to think of myself as an attractive guy (in male mode) and I never had a problem getting a date, but I've noticed if I go out dressed as a girl without passing, I'll get more positive attention from the girls then I could ever get in male mode. WTH? I really don't understand this. Can anyone shed some light on this???
    "Salene"

Maybe they see that gun pointed at them and they know just how to react! If you find someone that understands women leet me know, I need to talk with them fast!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've noticed the same thing, I think they are interested in us. Maybe not from a dating sense, but to get to know a guy that would dress as a girl.
    Dana Ryan

Women learn to be defensive around men because they think most men only want to jump into their knickers. By presenting en femme, their defenses are dropped as they don't believe they have to worry about you hitting on them. Women are also interested in people who are in touch with themselves emotionally and spiritually so are going to be intrigued about a male who is brave enough to display their femininity in public.

Amazing Member
    I must live in the wrong neck of the woods, because I never seem to get a positive reaction from women when I don't pass. I have had nervous fear reactions, smirks and laughing, but never anything positive while out in public.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Satrana View Post
    Women learn to be defensive around men because they think most men only want to jump into their knickers. By presenting en femme, their defenses are dropped as they don't believe they have to worry about you hitting on them. Women are also interested in people who are in touch with themselves emotionally and spiritually so are going to be intrigued about a male who is brave enough to display their femininity in public.
    This exactly my experiences when I've been out. There have been times that I had conversations with GG's about many subjects, from clothes to cosmetics; if I were in drab, we would have never had these conversations.
    Dana Ryan

Smile Understanding women!

I ditto Satrana observations and comments. I willingly admit I'm no expert on women and their behavor patterns.

from the point of view from the gg is prob a thought of "oh maybe he gay and wont hit on us or try to pick us up" kind of thing..

they are a strange creature indeed
    lol

Women learn to be defensive around men because they think most men only want to jump into their knickers.
    And we want to jump into their knickers, bras, dresses & shoes!

It seems quite common for women to initiate contact and conversation, when I am dressed. They are usually very friendly, in these instances, and often voice compliments about my shoes, clothing, or nails.

"You have beautiful nails," or "I love your shoes," would be typical expressions.

The same women would totally ignore me, in normal male appearance mode.

When I would go out with other CDs clubing in Chicago, being dressed was like a magnet, all the girls would want to talk with you and find out why do dress....

Quote Originally Posted by Salene View Post
    I'll never understand women
    Good!!!!
    If we were all the same, there would be no choice.

I agree that women usually put up their shields when men approach. ( The get in their pants thing I have seen A LOT!) I have had several gay friends, and women flocked around them all the time, but kept their comfortable distance from me. I think women are less intimidated by gay men and crossdressers, since they may feel a little less theratened by them. If I am a little off base, I surely welcome any and all input from the GG's here.

WOW I would love to have a chance to go out dressed,I just don't feel comfortable going out alone.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Isn't it obvious, Salene!?

They're most likely hoping to pick up some tips from u on co-ordinating their outfits and makeup help!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I saw a sign the other day I need to get which stated "The more I learn about women, the more I like my car". Nuf said......

No one know what gos on in a GG's mind and will probably never be known.
    Angie

I am sure it is a number of things from what was mentioned in all the post, and if you come right down to it, I also think they are less intimidated when we are en femme and it brings out the natural nurturing side in them. They can see us as a more compassionate and feeling/emotional person if we take the risk to show that side of us. I think for me even in male mode, I am more likely to attract the attention of women because they just sense that outwardly I am not trying to jump in their panties but they don't know my thoughts, I must present as very fem and trusting no matter what. Women always seem to see me as the friend and never the possible lover. That kind of stinks, but I do have far more girl friends that don't know I dress, than I do male friends for that matter and none of them know I dress. For whatever reason I have always had more girl friends than male, and it always seems that women love me as a friend but don't ever see me as a lover.

Oh the life,
    Lauren

Gold Member
    It has been a while but I have gotten hit on by women when I was dressed as Erin. Women who wanted to "be" with me. Pretty women. My male side wouldn't have a chance with anything but the most horrendous women which a guy in prison would not touch.

Don't assume that women who are fascinated by your femme side do not want to be lovers. On the other hand, don't take them serious as relationship material. Why are they trying to date a CD? Women are suppose to want the "alpha male", not the effeminate guys like us.
    Sorry but GG's who go after gay or TG do not impress me in the least, they are called "f** hags".

Love, Erin

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I did understand men...many it is easier to understand us when we aren't so manlike.....GIGGLE GIGGLE.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

<snip>Women are also interested in people who are in touch with themselves emotionally and spiritually so are going to be intrigued about a male who is brave enough to display their femininity in public.
    I have experienced the same thing as Salene, for what looks like the same reasons you describe.

Banned Read only
    I like to think of myself as an attractive guy (in male mode) and I never had a problem getting a date, but I've noticed if I go out dressed as a girl without passing, I'll get more positive attention from the girls then I could ever get in male mode. WTH? I really don't understand this. Can anyone shed some light on this???
    No offense, but women, like most other people probably assume you are gay, and don't feel threatened.

Professional Socialite
    "Women are suppose to want the "alpha male", not the effeminate guys like us.
    Sorry but GG's who go after gay or TG do not impress me in the least, they are called "f** hags"."
    I dont agree, now you are putting a label on GG's that everyone has the same attraction, everyone is different and some GG's maybe attracted to us. We get offended when they label every trans person as gay, simply not true, everyone is unique and have different expectations and qualitys about others that attract them to each other.
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member

Could be a lot of things...

People are generally pretty nice, "out there."

Why do some women do what you describe?

Maybe they've been dealing with this in some way in their lives and they have some questions to run past you and are willing to approach you because you look like you might be OK to talk to.

Maybe they're just curious, in general, and see no harm in talking to the "weird person." It could just get them some social points for being "nice" out in public too.

Maybe they don't know what they're doing... But, there you are and there seems to be no harm in it. So, why not?

Maybe they're interested in who you could be as a person and know the best way to find out is just to talk to you?

Maybe they're looking to shoot you down, but it turns out they either can't, or, after they got started they realized you were just a human being and didn't have the heart?

Maybe they're just trying to add a friend, or friendly person to their surroundings and they are drawn by their personal nature and needs to engage you in conversation to that end?

And, on and on...

I don't assume very much and think of most of it as just "chit-chat." Most the conversations run along one of several lines and I wind up thinking, "That's right... I'm OK and you're OK and the band is really good tonight. Chat, chat, chat."

Bottom line, they've talked to lots of guys and can size most guys up quicker. The only ones you talk to then are the ones who figure they have a good chance with you for one thing or another.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

It's the gay thing. You're seen as non-threatening. Even if you say you like girls, they really won't believe it strongly. I don't see it as that difficult to understand.