Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm outraged!

The heck with what others say ... be your own person and do what suits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomara cd View Post
    From time to time I feel the same non acceptance here on the forum , some feel the need to present as the perfect woman , and some myself included are happy and content being where and who they are !
    Does that mean we are more or less of a cross dresser ?
    Or are we inferior to those who think that everyone who wears feminine clothing should look like the perfect woman ?
    ACCEPTANCE ! ..... that is what we all strive for is it not ?
    Tomara
    It would be good, wouldn't it, if we, first and foremost, tried not to judge other people, but accepted (and celebrated) their difference?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Found this on a Tri-Ess website this morning and thought it was relivent.

"Individuals who dress at meetings must do so fully. Partial dressing is not acceptable. This is not crossdressing."

"Salene"

Quote Originally Posted by Byllie View Post
    Is a tomboy any less a woman because she prefers denim jeans and boots to skirts and high heals?
    That is why I know use the label tomgirl and not CD. Laypeople can understand the idea of a tomgirl far better than CD or transvestite or anything else. Words do have power, so it is time we start using them to our advantage. We have to define ourselves and not let others do it for us.

Well, I guess we know who the Tri-Ess caters to. Thanks for the clarification Salene. Maybe a name change for the forum is in order since we ALL don't fit that discription?
    "in varietate concordia"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Salene View Post
    Found this on a Tri-Ess website this morning and thought it was relivent.

"Individuals who dress at meetings must do so fully. Partial dressing is not acceptable. This is not crossdressing."

Pffft! We are who we say we are...

Quote Originally Posted by amber 07 View Post
    Well, I guess we know who the Tri-Ess caters to. Thanks for the clarification Salene. Maybe a name change for the forum is in order since we ALL don't fit that discription?
    I didn't say I agreed. Infact there's alot of things they do I don't agree with.
    "Salene"

battbattybats, Wikipedia is the same source I got my definitions from.

deja true, Bravo, you are far better with words than I, Thank you !

DAVIDA, Awesome beard, would have loved to see it dyed

Salene, That sounds like a rule to me, and I just love breaking rules.

Satrana, I never thought about the term Tomgirl, I kinda like it.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

If I wished to present as a perfect woman, I would have to shave from my eyebrows to my toenails. LOL.

IMHO, "Genderf**k was started as a derogatory term by some close-minded indivdual because of personal predjudice. I don't like the term because I believe it is used to imply something bad. However, it is just another on a long list of names people have tried to insult me with. I quit letting insults get to me 30 years ago. Call me what you will, if I don't like it, I don't answer. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    IMHO, "Genderf**k was started as a derogatory term by some close-minded indivdual because of personal predjudice.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender**** - copy and paste, and amend the **** to get the correct link (the forum filter here won't allow a direct posting).

"I want to criticize and poke fun at the roles of women and of men too. I want to try and show how not-normal I can be. I want to ridicule and destroy the whole cosmology of restrictive sex roles and sexual identification."
    Last edited by Nicki B; 12-21-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Link can't be posted directly.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Sorry guys, or gurls, or whatever, but this thread grossed me out. Especially the pics. Beards and high heels don't go together very well. You really need to make a decision one or the other, soon!

I think some people are afraid of things that are different. Maybe they aren't truly confident in who they are and need the comfort of sameness around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    Sorry guys, or gurls, or whatever, but this thread grossed me out. Especially the pics. Beards and high heels don't go together very well. You really need to make a decision one or the other, soon!
    sorry, but I have a problem with this. YOU made YOUR decision. That's the point. It was YOURS. I have a mustache 90% of the time. My wife likes it that way and so do I. Lets face it, unless we are transitioning, our outter
    femme sides are illusions we create. The true gender issues are on the inside. I consider myself in the middle and like it that way. It's the best of both worlds for me. I can have my cake and eat it too. Why would you even want cake if you can't eat it?
    Tree huggin’, peace lovin’, pot smokin’, crossdressin', lazyass hippies like me.

Save a life
    http://www.worldvision.org/home.nsf/index.htm

Just my humble opinion, which i served in the military, to earn the right to have. Beards, and heels are great for out in public, as long as the heels are cowboy boot heels. I would never go out dressed, in mustache, or beard, but whatever floats your boat. I know a birthgirl, who has a dark, large mustache, who never, ever wears women's clothes- only baggy levis, and t-shirts, men's sneakers. No one ever tells her she looks nice, and no one ever tells her she looks bad. They say nothing, but, I am sure they notice.

Sorry, about the double reply.Lostinternet, as i submitted first one, though it was lost.

Banned Read only
    Folks, this isn't rocket science.
    Even within the CD community there are certain things which are acceptable and non-acceptable. Yes, you can call them "rules" if you want to. Whether you agree or disagree with these "rules" isn't the issue here.

You have two options here.

If you couldn't care less what people say or think, then by all means, go against the grain, have facial hair, and "do your own thing".

If you care what people think or say, and you want to make an effort to "blend in". Get that razor out and start shaving.

It's really simple.

As far as my "personal" opinion on this...facial hair and cd-ing don't belong in the same sentence. nuff said.
    Last edited by MarcieM; 12-21-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar

Yowzer!

I posted this last night, went to bed, and today I find a very lively and informative discussion. Perhaps I struck a chord?

Anyway, I do not like the term Genderf%ck, no matter what definition is used. If it's a putdown, well then it has no place in my life. If it was to define someone who f%cks with gender, well that doesn't work either. I'm not messing with gender, I;m simply someone who sees myself as being in the middle of a gender continuum. Every single pop psych survey I've taken confirms this.

And as for transitioning, that has IMHO more to do with physical attributes and lifestyle than it does with simply dressing. I'm not "in transition", I'm where I should be, plain and simple.

Toodles!
    Byllie
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Byllie View Post
    Every single pop psych survey I've taken confirms this.
    Right. And we all know those are 110% accurate, don't we?

I've always worn a beard and still dress as often as I can. My wife accepts me as I am and prefers the beard. It's not something I can put on or take off like my bra, so I live with it knowing that I am a passable good looking man but a pretty ugly woman.
    Who cares? I don't go out dressed as Melissa and it is only for me that I dress as a woman.
    The pinheads who slobber their ignorance deserve nothing of my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcieM View Post
    Even within the CD community there are certain things which are acceptable and non-acceptable. Yes, you can call them "rules" if you want to. Whether you agree or disagree with these "rules" isn't the issue here.

You have two options here.

If you couldn't care less what people say or think, then by all means, go against the grain, have facial hair, and "do your own thing".

If you care what people think or say, and you want to make an effort to "blend in". Get that razor out and start shaving.

It's really simple.

As far as my "personal" opinion on this...facial hair and cd-ing don't belong in the same sentence. nuff said.
    Points to post 27 - but with little hope...
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Byllie,

You dress when and how you want! It doesn't matter if you have so much hair that you look like Chewbacca in drag....it what's inside that counts!

xxx
    Sarah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.

I am very hairy, and still enjoy dressing.
    Should we have a thread just for people like us?
    I can not see myself all shaved.

Hello Byllie!
    Genderf#ck sumderf#ck. People seem to go to what they know and understand. Cross dressing is something even other non accepted groups do not understand. We are a bit of an island by ourselves. You know that you are a reasonable person and what you do is hurting nobody. Acceptance may be a thing in the future, however now we only have ourselves.
    Charlie

Now I'm outraged

Quote Originally Posted by MarcieM View Post
    Even within the CD community there are certain things which are acceptable and non-acceptable.

Hi again Byllie: I am not trying to hijack your thread but I've had enough. It's no wonder that transgendered have a hard time being accepted when we can't even accept our own. When I read the above quoted posts I got an instant mad on and I had to step away from my computer for fear of some expensive reactions. Almost instantly some song lyrics came rushing in from one of my fav rock bands. The real you, freedom, who the f" are you etc. Approval and acceptance are not the same, and as I accept each and everyone's differences on this forum I may not necessarily approve but I will always accept their right and yes their obligation to be themselves without conditions. I am not a religious person but I truly believe in this. "Those of you without sin cast the first stone" Nothing short of an apology by certain individuals will make me feel at ease, but fortunately for me as I am far removed from anyone on this forum I can step away knowing that I am real without all the makeup, wigs, and fake boobs that some feel are a requirement or as quoted above a rule in order to be a member of this illustrious society of misfits. I know that I am probably pissing off a great number of people and for that I apologize in advance for I mean no harm to anyone here. I am simply pointing out that we must stick together and if each one of us does their part, no matter how small, we will advance the cause towards acceptance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    Luv Jamie

Byllie, I had a beard for 36 years and always enjoyed dressing but was still in the closet. I finally shaved it off 11 months ago and never regertted the choice. But I do know how the public perceives a bearded man wearing a dress or skirt. It's too bad we all just can't be accepted for who we are.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land