Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we Mommy's girl?

Are we Mommy's girl?

I turn 62 in January. I find that I want more and more to favor some of the clothes that my late mother did. I prefer sheer pantyhose with some lycra in them--just as my mother did. There are a few other examples, but I wonder if this is some form of patterning after our mothers? that we so wish to be the little girl that we wanted to be and dress like Mother? thoughts? Helen

Not mom for me; I identified with the girl who's clothing I was dressed up in. She was also the only female that was kind of nice to me. I still feel kind of connected to her to this day, even though I haven't seen her in about 30 years. Mom wasn't very good at being a mom. The normal bonding wasn't there. I'd say I was deprived of having a normal mother-son relationship, whatever that was.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    I was definitely my Mummys girl.

I don't like my mothers taste in clothing at all. Very conservitive earth tones. EEK! My styles accualy ruboff onto her. She just bought this alwsome dark gray skirt with a black rose patteren on it.
    "Salene"

Dressed and loving it Julieanne's Avatar

Smile Mom

That's a great question Helen.

For me I think my imprinted version of how a female was supposed to dress came from the most influential female in my early life -- my mom of course. I suspect we carry much of our childhood over into the rest of our lives. I like pantyhose, find thongs annoyingly uncomfortable, and like girdles and other shapewear. I also like much of what is new but what I like is generally consistent with the version of femininity not only my mom but other women of her age presented. BTW, I'm 57.

Hugs, Julie

Aspiring Member

mommy's girl?

I think I wanted to be Mommy's hugged and loved boy than mommy's little girl. And about the only fashion style I follow of hers is slips. Lots of nice slips.

Banned Read only
    Mommy's girl? Nuh-Unh!

If mommy saw the styles I favor, I'd be grounded and have to stay in my room playing with "My Little Pony" for weeks! *pout*

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    That's a great question Helen.

For me I think my imprinted version of how a female was supposed to dress came from the most influential female in my early life -- my mom of course. I suspect we carry much of our childhood over into the rest of our lives. I like pantyhose, find thongs annoyingly uncomfortable, and like girdles and other shapewear. I also like much of what is new but what I like is generally consistent with the version of femininity not only my mom but other women of her age presented. BTW, I'm 57.

Hugs, Julie
    Ah, a kindred spirit who thinks like me.
    Most definitely the imprint of what a woman should be came from my early years too. Growing up in the 50's and into the early 60's before all the hippie nonsense and blue jeans and pantsuits took over.
    A woman looked and dressed like a woman, and for me, my Mom was the essence of that era of femininity.

Yes, as my mother was the one whom seen to it that I was dressed proper at all times when I was a teenager. I was my mothers little girl.

Nahhh... she had not real taste in womens clothing!!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Would not be seen it what my mom wears.

I think many of us have one (or more) role models we follow, just as genetic women do - but it doesn't have to be your mom?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

My 'other' other half. tanya1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    I turn 62 in January. I find that I want more and more to favor some of the clothes that my late mother did. I prefer sheer pantyhose with some lycra in them--just as my mother did. There are a few other examples, but I wonder if this is some form of patterning after our mothers? that we so wish to be the little girl that we wanted to be and dress like Mother? thoughts? Helen
    Absolutely not!

No, no, no. A thousand times no!

I'd like to hope that I have more dress sense and look better. I'd be horrified if I found I was turning into my mum!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.

No - was never into what my mother wore. I had access to lots of her old clothes, mostly undies, but rarely tried them on. Occassionally, tried on slips and roll-on girdle, but not before I'd bought my first pair of tights. Could have worn her old ones but it never appealed - strange!

My only real overriding memory was that I didn't like the smell of her stuff, but never thought that about her - weird!

Was mommy's girl!!

I was raised for five years as mommy's little girl. Then I was forced to switch as my Dad and mom were convinced that a disaster in their lives was partly caused by this. i have always wanted to go back to be mommy's girl or mommy's big girl. I like her sense of style when she was younger and still like the " Mrs. Cleaver" shirtdress, girdle, hose, and petticoat look.

Edy

I probably am!

Loved her lingerie the most...nightgowns were vintage satiny items, as were panties and bras..lots of jewelry *earrings,necklaces,bracelots*...full petticoats were cool in those days,as were full skirts and I still love them! She always wore a flower in her hair, every day...which many still remember her for! A smile and a rose...sweet smelling femininity...and an Italian temper to boot! Quite a gal and enjoyed her womanhood!
    Between her clothes and my same/age cousin, I had lots of items to sneak off and try on, which led me to be the gal I am today, for sure!
    merry Xmas, everyone and a better New Year next year!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Good question. I don't know. Did love her slips, though.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Shari, Well said. Though i don't dress super close to what my did, I dress a bit like the era, before the hippie nonsense, and pantsuits, and jeans plagues.

i

You know Helen, you may have something here! I dress formally much the way my Mother did/does. My dresses are shorter then hers, but more along the lines of skirt suits and dressy clothes that she always fancied.
    Charlie

[SIZE=2]I got started with my mum's hookside corset and stockings. The corset was really tight, and the pressure and movement on my p*nis resulated in my first orgasm, and I've had a love of really tight underwear ever since. I also wore her bras, and satin knickers and slips, but she didn't have much else to my taste, except a long black lace-over-pink-satin ballgown, with a corset top. I could zip that up fully when I was a young teenager but not now, and I loved the feel of the satin underskirt swishing against my stockinged legs. When my mother died, my wife decided to keep that dress in case she found an opportunity to wear it (she doesn't know of my liking for it and wouldn't approve anyway). Now there's an incentive to drop a couple of dress sizes!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Martin View Post
    I'd like to hope that I have more dress sense and look better. I'd be horrified if I found I was turning into my mum!
    After about 40-ish my mother encountered medical problems that did unfortunate things to her size; things that like often affect self-image, and so it was with her, that she tends to dress very casually, not nicely. But she's had more important things to worry about... there were a couple of decades where going in to a clothing store would have been mostly beyond her due to the perfumes (including scented antiperspirants and scented creams) and due to cleaning chemicals. But yeah, on my off-days, especially from a bit of an angle looking up at my face, my face looks a lot like she does. I would claim that the proof-positive picture was faked, but unfortunately there are other pictures that lend substantial supporting evidence.

With respect to Horrified... not quite for me, but it is difficult to describe the emotion. My mother was fairly pretty once, and is now homey, and it's the homey version of her that I sometimes look like. It's not horrifying, but it is... startling? fairly disappointing? That is, I'm about 47 now and my self-image of me dressed is of someone who might perhaps not be "beautiful", but is at least "not bad looking", not in the sense of believing that a respectable number of people would think about asking me out, but in the sense of "Yeah, I've seen her around, and I always thought she looked kind of nice." But when I see those pictures of myself looking much like my dowdy mother, it's a downer to my self-image. The truth can hurt

I hardly ever remember my mom in a dress. She did wear a skirt now and then I think I easily been a mommy's girl if I came out to her.
    Angie

Dressed and loving it Julieanne's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shari View Post
    Ah, a kindred spirit who thinks like me.
    Most definitely the imprint of what a woman should be came from my early years too. Growing up in the 50's and into the early 60's before all the hippie nonsense and blue jeans and pantsuits took over.
    A woman looked and dressed like a woman, and for me, my Mom was the essence of that era of femininity.
    Thanks for the feedback Shari I think it's great that women today can wear clothes that were once restricted to males (jeans, etc.), but that's not for me. If only that tolerance about clothing went both ways. Sigh.

Hugs, Julie

Aspiring Member
    we go around and around with this. there are many many reasons. some might be as you said. my influances early on were my mothers and my sisters. as i got more involved and older, i developed my own sense of fashion, of course influenced by women that i admired. i never wanted to be a little girl. i always wanted to have the slim waist that women have. alas it was not to be. but the fine bras, slips, and panties were what i liked on other women and the sheer blouse and camisoles also came from women i admired.