Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What motivates you to dress?

What motivates you to dress?

I went to a Xmas party last friday night. It was held in a very expensive Hall in S.F. Went in guy mode (suit and tie). My SO wore her little black cocktail dress with 4" heels. Witch she looked beautiful and very sexy in. The other women there were all in there fancy Holiday dresses and gowns. The smell of perfume was in the air. I couldn't take my eye off all the GG's there. I was taking it all in. Watching the way walked in there heels , sat in there chairs. moved in there clothes. Everything about it was intoxicating. That night i dreamed i was one of the GG's at that party. I really don't want to be women. I'm very happy being a male. But that dream had me not wanting to wake up the next morning. That Saturday i wanted so much to dress. But i couldn't. My SO and friends over to bake cookies for the holidays. But i had to put something fem.on. So i underdressed , panties and phose. It was the least i could do.
    What i was wondering is does something like a fancy dress party or wedding. Maybe even the office GG's dressed in there skirt suits. Motivate you do dress? Or do you need any motivation at all?

Normally, I do not need motivation. However, an attractive woman may be another stimulus to bring on the urge. I think it is more a desire to look just like her. We can dream can't we?

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    My motivation comes from within. I have dreamed of being a girl ever since I realised that I was different to ohter boys and that has carried on into adulthood. Because of the social stigma at age 16, when I initially thought about transition, I tried to supress my feelings, but the thoughts never went away and I can resist the urge no longer.
    living the dream

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Motivation? Feminine Clothes!

The only motivation that I need is to see all my pretty feminine things! I dress because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine things. I am much more comfortable wearing panties then I am wearing boxers (ugh!) or jockey briefs! Since I am a natural 40 B, a bra is a natural thing for me to wear. As many of you know, I don't try to pass since my dear late wife is no longer here to fix my wig and do my makeup. but I still dress very often and go out in public. Pretty clothes do motivate me!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    I don't need much motivation, I love dressing as a woman. I get as big a buzz today when I'm dressed as I did the first time I stepped into a skirt many, many years ago.

A situation like that doesn't really motivate me to dress. The motivation part is always there, it's the 'opportunity' part that I struggle with sometimes. Although, I do admit I get a bit jealous when in that type of situation.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Stress of any kind induces me to crossdress; basically, the desire to dress as a girl is there all the time, I just suppress it. Stress overwhelmes the compensating systems/defense mechanisms, and its easier to just give in to the desire than to fight it with drugs and/or trying to keep the feelings pent up, resulting in other abnormal behaviors.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't really need much motivation to dress, but occasions like the one you described will most likely unleash a more pertinent desire to get all dolled up as soon as I can.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

No I really don't need any motivation to dress as I dress everyday because I want to and have been doing since I was 14.

Not a clue.... I'm driven to dress like sammon swimming up stream or geese flying south for the winter....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think what started the whole thing for me was the premise that being a woman was something special. I no longer have those feelings since I've realized it's more about who I am as a person and not what I am wearing at any given time.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't know what make me start the same as most from what Im have read. If I see a nice classy outfit I does make me want to dress.

I always enjoy dressing but I get more motivated when I'm depressed. Dressing up and looking "pretty" can be a good emotional booster shot.
    "Salene"

I think the motivation is that there is such a great choice of different things to wear compared to drab wear. There is nothing I like better than spending a couple of hours getting made up and dressed for the evening to help me relax.
    [SIZE="2"]'It's a bitch this feminine itch' [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] http://www.tvchix.com/DeborahAnne
    [/SIZE]

I don't usually need any motivation...it's an internal need to dress so as to match my mental image of myself.

Boring, but true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] A day without crossdressing is a day wasted.

I really can't tell you. It's an inborn part of me and I just have to do it, like breathing. The only difference is breathing isn't really something I enjoy, it's just there, but being a CD and dressing is something I love.

Seeing all the lovely ladies and them in their outfits does not make me need to dress as much as it teaches me how to refine myself when I dress. I study the makeup, dress styles, shoes and how real GG's sit, stand, walk and hold themselves. It gets tough when I'm at a party with my wife and I'm trying to look without staring at all the ladies!
    Charlie

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I can't quite explain it, but it is a need to make things right in some way. Its a comfort thing, in ways, like chicken soup. Its something I need to do. Its the only way I can feel right.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    This may sound stupid simple, but it is true: my motivation is that it makes me feel better. Really not a lot more than that. You could put it as, I feel "right" when dressed.

The love of women clothes and shoes

It’s the feeling of walking on high heels and look like a woman that motivate me to be a crossdresser. Let out what I feel inside. I would love to wear high heels 24/7 if I was able to do it.
    Suzanne

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do it when the mood hits me.

I don't need motivation to dress,but I do agree that a situation like the one you desribed would put me in the mood.

Cary

Silver Member
    I do not need any type of motivation to get me to dress. The desire is there constantly so I dress every day. The opportunity to dress is never a problem for me as I live alone and am retired. Dressing every day is a way of life for me.

The devil makes me do it!

Motivation to crossdress. If I'm having a crap day or just feel stressed for whatever reason, getting into my girlie gear brings on a surge of [SIZE="3"]pink fog[/SIZE] that makes the world a whole lot better.

Sometimes it's seeing GG's dressed beautifully, either out in the world, on TV or even in clothing catalogues.

Other times I dress just because I love it