Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have questions about why!

Quote Originally Posted by Christine1953 View Post

Ps. Where should i write about my talking to my wife about cd and getting very up set with me.
    Christine, My wife wasn't upset, she simply stated that she might have already knew. After assuring her that I wasn't gay and explaining about how it has always been within me. She accepted it. But the trips out shopping for new shoes and new dresses for both of us was the kicker.
    Last edited by LisaMichaels; 12-23-2008 at 05:49 AM. Reason: one misspelled word

Why?

I think that most of us, should we care to do so, would need years of therapy to unwrap the "why". I grew up with two older sisters and a younger brother. I know that at a very young age, I noticed the clothes that girls wore. I also noticed that girls were handled as if they were precious and fragile. They got soft hugs, little kisses, caresses and compliments. Boys got firm hand shakes that hurt a little boy's hand, slaps on the back, ribbing, and comments about standing up straight and "stop acting like a child". It wasn't horrible or anything like that, but I noticed and I wanted what they had.

Later, when I was a little older, I recognized that I was given thick stiff pants, cotton shirts, and boring brown leather shoes to wear; while my sisters got to wear wonderfully designed, colorful clothes made of fantastic fabrics, including nylons. I have to say, nylons were the one key garment for me, and they still are. Nylons were the one item made exclusively for girls that served no other purpose than pure fashion. They made girls look better, and I fixated on them. All of the other clothes followed. Having two older sisters, I had plenty of opportunity to indulge my desires.

I grew up with just me and my mum no father or any brothers or sisters. I just remember i wanted to dress like a girl but i didn't want to be a girl i just wanted to wear what the girls were wearing, i used to look through the clothing catalogues at the girls clothes and wish i could wear them and at school i used to wish i could wear the same uniform as the girls e.g. skirt, tights and the pretty shoes.

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    I dont know what attracted me to dressing. My only sister was much older and moved out of the house when I was about 3. My mom was a tom boy of sorts and usually wore t-shirts and jeans and very little to no makeup. My father was present in my life although he did work away from home quite a bit so I dont see it being lack of a father figure that started my urges.

Plain and simple I was always fascinated with soft pretty clothes and makeup. I remember watching girlfriends and other women put on makeup and starting a conversation with them just so I could watch them do their makeup. Coming up with clothes was really hard to do being that my mom was only 5'3" and didnt have anything worth wanting to try on anyway. But I managed a few articles and some nail polish over my teenage years. It wasnt until I moved out on my own that I really started to get into dressing more and only a few years ago did I dress fully with makeup and all and go out for the first time.
    Erika Leigh

Why ?

I agree with Karen Hutton - does it really matter ? Like the question of which came first, the chicken or the egg, it is a question without an answer.

In our world, we say, was it nature or nurture ? I think it is a little of both, but I have special reason to belive that it more nature than nurture. Because I have two brothers - one is a crossdresser (he doesn't know that I know) and the other is a transsexual. I'm a crossdresser and proud of it.
    What are the odds that of three male children, one has become a woman and the other two are crossdressers ?

Nurture also played a role because I grew up in a female dominated world.

Why did I long to be a girl ? Was Nurture easier because of Nature ? I don't know and I really don't care anymore. I love being a crossdresser with a loving accepting spouse. She gets to have both a macho male and a sister to talk girl things with.

Love,
    JoAnne Wheeler

Hi, girls,

Don't get me wrong. I know that "why" doesn't count or make any difference any more for me either. I was just wondering IF having role models and easy access to women's clothes makes any difference in starting to crossdress!!

Again it seems that there are just as many different reasons to start crossdressing as there are crossdressers!!!

Thanks for all the great replies. You all are so wonderfully thoughtful!!

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Good question Stephanie,
    I don't know why. I had two older brothers. Loved the girdle ads in Sears Catalog. Also I remember that the first girl I had a crush on when I was about 9 years old --was the only girl in my class that had short hair. Do i like masculine women--hmmm--maybe--my wife is not masculine in apperance--but perhaps masculine in attitude. I was on the computer and she started the snowblower and cleaned off the driveway--again. As a kid, small, skinny, and shy--still that way. Wife dominates--but not happy about my "hobby".

The easy access may have helped I'm an only child so I had to look harder for thing to wear but I mad out OK. I was always on my own when it come to dressing.
    Angie

I have been asking myself, "Why?" for the majority of my life. I tend to be somewhat analytical and have always wished that I could pinpoint why I am who I am. I have some theories, but at the end of the day, I just don't know.

I was and am very close to my mother. I remember allways telling my mother how nice she looked when going out. Seeing my mothers skirts, dresses, nylons, shoes etc. when i was very young did something to me. As a small boy i tried on my mothers stockings and from then on my love for CD started. So i was influenced by my mother and having easy access to her clothes

Although I had both a good mom and dad, since a small child, I always identified with my mom and grandmother.

At age 7 my first trigger was reading the story in Huckleberry Finn about Tom Sawyers adventure when he dressed as a girl. I immeadiatly said in my heart "I want to do that!".
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by JamieToo View Post
    I think that most of us, should we care to do so, would need years of therapy to unwrap the "why". I grew up with two older sisters and a younger brother. I know that at a very young age, I noticed the clothes that girls wore. I also noticed that girls were handled as if they were precious and fragile. They got soft hugs, little kisses, caresses and compliments. Boys got firm hand shakes that hurt a little boy's hand, slaps on the back, ribbing, and comments about standing up straight and "stop acting like a child". It wasn't horrible or anything like that, but I noticed and I wanted what they had.

Later, when I was a little older, I recognized that I was given thick stiff pants, cotton shirts, and boring brown leather shoes to wear; while my sisters got to wear wonderfully designed, colorful clothes made of fantastic fabrics, including nylons. I have to say, nylons were the one key garment for me, and they still are. Nylons were the one item made exclusively for girls that served no other purpose than pure fashion. They made girls look better, and I fixated on them. All of the other clothes followed. Having two older sisters, I had plenty of opportunity to indulge my desires.
    I indulged in my fantasy,as I began secretly dressing in mothers clothes,except frilly
    undies&pantyhose,which I ordered secretly out of mothers womens catalogs.I still enjoyed wearing my private stash of pantyhose&sneaking into mothers closet&dressing
    in her short mini skirts&white silky blouses,which still had the soft smell of perfume in
    them,so I had to jump in the shower after I undressed out of her outfits,to squash the
    smell of perfume,and I greatly enjoyed learning to walk in high heels
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

I really don't have a clue why I started to dress this way.. just saw my moms shoes there and thought they should be good to wear.. then pantyhose... then..... and then....
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar

Origin of the Dressing

Easy access at around age 5 and beyond probably was the genesis of the enjoyment of my dressing. My family (1 older bro and parents) lived in a small bungalow with next to no storage or closet space. My father's clothes filled the closet in the main bedroom so my mother's dresses wound up hanging in the closet in my shared bedroom. My bed was located directly in front of the closet (with no door) so I could easily reach in and touch anything hanging there. There was one rayon dress and a long satiny gown in particular that always drew my attention. When alone I could crawl up inside of them while reading a comic book by flashlight. The feel of the fabrics felt very nice, of course, and I felt quite safe.

When we moved to a larger home and I was given my own room I began to "borrow" a few items of my mother's: a couple of panties, panty hose, a bra. I would wear them at night and feel very comfortable. Around 16/17 I braved a bus trip to the mall to a lingerie shop and the next phase began. I began to collect lingerie and then worked my way up to a skirt and blouse. I finally chanced a set of heels in my mid-20’s and found that I was a natural in them (some athleticism helped I guess.) I only have 3 pairs but enjoy them all. Mind you I have only one pair of male dress shoes.

So easy access is the main reason, perhaps, but I also feel that I simply enjoy the options available to women than what a man gets to wear. All those colours and fabrics are quite enticing and they just feel more comfortable to wear, even somewhat constrictive “every day” garments such as bras, girdles and heels. I suppose that with all the sports I participated in I found myself "dressing up" in all kinds of uniforms and the like. In retrospect I much prefer dressing up in female attire. I have spent far more time in dresses and lingerie than I ever have/will in a suit or even male dress shoes. Go figure, hmm?

I don't spend much time thinking about it because you'll never know the true answer. On the other hand, I firmly believe that you're born a CD and it is an intimate part of you that you can never deny. So, why fight it? Accept it and start having fun.

New Girl On The Block NikkiBeth's Avatar
    [SIZE="2"]It was not anyones influence or easy access to clothes for me. I just wanted to be a girl, simple, and since I wanted to be a girl, I wore my mother's clothes.
    Nikki[/SIZE]