Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have questions about why!

I have questions about why!

Hi, girls,

I was wondering again what might have influenced us to start crossdressing. I am wondering if it was seeing mothers and/or sisters getting dressed or being seen in their underwear. Was it talking to them about their clothes or hearing sisters talking to mothers about clothes? Did you ever go shopping with them for their clothes? What do you think?

I had no sisters and I very seldom saw my mother getting dressed or walking around the house in her underwear. I did sneak around in her drawers and try on her underwear. So that brings up another question, does having easy access to women's clothes help us become crossdressers? Again, what do you think?

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Banned Read only
    I'm not really sure but being brought up in a female household with dresses etc. readily available and with a supportive Mother
    must have had some influence on me. That and the fact that I preferred being a girl.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I just like being a girl.
    Dana Ryan

Unsure

I think it has always been within us. Why should the girls get all the pretty clothes anyway?

I am not sure if it was seeing my mother as being different then my father had anything to do with it or not. I do recall asking her why she didn't have what I had and she said it was cut off when she was born. I asked her to cut mine off so I could be a girl, she pretended to trime it.

Later I discovered I had 2 personas one male and one female. I have always felt I was born this way. Seeing other women dressed in their fine dresses and all made me yern for that type of a body. I remember growing up there was a rumor that if you can kiss your elbow you would be turned into a girl, I am still trying to kiss my elbow LOL.

I was raised with all the influances of boy stuff and I did play with it all, I also played, when I could, with my sisters toys. I remember having anger issues then and it got worse as I got older. When I did finally allow myself to discover my female side, the anger issues subsided. The times I did not allow me to be me is when the anger issues flared up and got worse.

Now that I can be me more often, hopefully most of the time soon, I am more at ease and I see things so differently now. I am more accepting of people for who they are when in the past I was very critical about everything including gay issues, now I am all for LGBT issues.

HUGS Sandra

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Nobody made me want to be a crossdresser. I just always wanted to be a girl.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

GG point of view

for each individual I would believe it to be different as to what stared the desire, at the end does it really matter why u do it?

So long as you enjoy what you do, and cause the minium amount of pain to those closely involved in your life, does it really matter .... I think not just my
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Had the feelings

I'm from a family of 7. 2 girls and 5 boys. The girls are younger so they didn't influence me nor did my mother. I think it was seeing women in nylons and sexy heels that gave me the urge to want to cd. Also the silky feeling of my wifes night gowns against my legs in pantyhose. What a feeling.

Ps. Where should i write about my talking to my wife about cd and getting very up set with me.

my sister thinks that it's a response to the fact as children my sister got less physical abuse than myself or my brother. I don't buy into that theory. I just know that i've never felt right being told what boy was ''supposed'' to be, and never being able to do it. Eh.

Well you know I could care less why.. But I never remember seeing my mother getting dressed... What I do remember is her telling me that I was supposed to have been a girl... A lot... And her wanting to make me dresses for halloween... And funny when my sister was born... I started exploring my mothers closet... Coincidence?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have 3 brothers no sisters. I did see my mom sometimes in her bra and panties. Like you Karen, I was always told my mom was hoping i would be a girl since i was only 18 minths younger than my brother. My mom always wanted a girl so I guess I am the closest thing she got. Even though I am all man physically I have always leaned toward more feminine type thinking. I have never thought there was anything wrong with how I felt. I just never shared it with anybody but my wife and one girlfriend.

These are all good replies. I'm wondering if there could be something of the "forbidden fruit" too. After all it's really only an issue when men dress in women's clothes. Women can dress in anything a man would wear and it's perfectly OK. It was only a week ago I was talking to a friend (female) and she was telling me how she would go to the Goodwill and buy mens shirts to wear but was totally shocked by men wearing any type of women's clothing
    ColleenW

I believe we experience a 'trigger' at some time in our lives. That 'trigger' may be very hard to pinpoint without the aid of a shrink or a hypnotist.

I remember my mom wore tights (maybe stockings) and that an early girlfriend also wore tights to school and stockings to a party. I recall that I liked the feel of the material.

Later in life I was (almost) forced to be very masculine. I did judo, boxing, I later joined the forces. mostly because my dad thought it was the "right thing to do". Despite these pressures, I was not allowed to have too much contact with girls until I left home.

I think my present situation is similar to a pressure relief valve. According to my wife, wearing the wrong underwear makes me a nicer person. I feel like a slighlty nicer person too.

Some of us are just naturally more flexible at an early age I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I really just enjoy dressing like a woman, pure and simple.
    Laura

For me,
    Women's clothes are just much more interesting...
    And so are the people who wear them.
    No closet is big enough!

In my case I think the urge was just there and so I tried on the clothes and was hooked. I never stared at my Mother, sister or Aunts. I (until this last year) always hated shopping. I just saw the clothes there in the bathroom when I was around 10 and jumped into them. The feeling was great, so I have kept doing it for almost 40 years now!
    Charlie

Just a thought about alpha males

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenW View Post
    ... I'm wondering if there could be something of the "forbidden fruit" too. After all it's really only an issue when men dress in women's clothes. Women can dress in anything a man would wear and it's perfectly OK. It was only a week ago I was talking to a friend (female) and she was telling me how she would go to the Goodwill and buy men's shirts to wear but was totally shocked by men wearing any type of women's clothing
    There is a long tradition (Tens of thousands of years) of Alpha males being the most desired types - and a female who attracted anything less might have been identified as one of the "less than".

So an "instinct" is inside the female mind, stronger in some than others, which triggers a response to belittle those who cannot or would not attract an alpha male. And as a cross-dresser, in garb, I don't know about you, but I am not exactly an "alpha" type. Shock, belittlement, rejection, unidentified revulsion - I think they all come from the same deep seated basic.

Yeah, and I am titillated by the "forbidden fruit" notion too. I know that's one little bitty part of why I cross-dress.
    Last edited by rickie121x; 12-22-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

For me, as a child, I used to look at the womens lingerie section in the Sears catalog and have a strong secret desire to wear what I saw. I used to dream that one day I would. And, you know the rest of the story. I did try on my mothers and sisters clothing, occasionally, but I can't think of any one thing that caused the desire. It seems like it's always been a part of who I am.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I always thought it was interesting that girls can be tom boys and it is accepted; but if boys lean towards any kind of femininity, it is looked down upon.

I've heard people say "why would you want to be a girl", like it is a bad thing.
    Dana Ryan

Karren --- I love your hockey signals!!

Dressed and loving it Julieanne's Avatar
    When I was 6 or so I told my mother I wanted to be a girl. Not sure why I felt that way, but she basically told me that was nonsense.

I also remember modeling Dad and dressing up in nice clothes and a tie and pretending to go to work. It was so boring and I never did it again. BTW, I had good relationships with both my parents (now dead) and had an older brother.

I clearly have a feminine component (feminine being defined by society) and that is reinforced by my dressing. En homme I have never really cared about what I'm wearing and seldom dress up since my wife died. En femme -- well, that's a whole different closet, so to speak.

Hugs, Julie

For ME..
    Mom gave me some PantyHose to play with..
    And then a dress a Few Years Later......
    ....When I was Very young....
    Then History!
    Thanks MOM!!

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    Nobody made me want to be a crossdresser. I just always wanted to be a girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    What I do remember is her telling me that I was supposed to have been a girl... A lot... ?
    I never started out wanting to be a CDer! The driving force behind it all,for me, was my need to "BE" female!! all my needs have been met in life except for that one!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"