Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally noticed at work

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar

finally noticed at work

well it took them long enough but someone finally said something. Since I statrted my new job I have been wearing full eye make-up, fem watch, fem print scrub tops, and painted nails. Three full shifts no one said a word. Then last night one of the male nurses jokingly told me that it was policy that men cant wear make-up that looks better than the girls do. I guess I have been the talk of the facility for the past few days. I told him in explanation that he could pass on that I was a guy eho liked to express his feminine side. It was a little too busy to show him my pic or explain much more. He also said he was the only one brave enough to ask because everyone else was afraid to offend me. Not at all offended I said.

I was getting worried girls. I was wondering how much I was going to have to ramp up the fem before I got a reaction. Well im off for the next two days, so I can just imagine the talk that will go on. Cant wait till Sat when I go back.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Quote Originally Posted by CharleneCD
    well it took them long enough but someone finally said something. Since I statrted my new job I have been wearing full eye make-up, fem watch, fem print scrub tops, and painted nails. Three full shifts no one said a word. Then last night one of the male nurses jokingly told me that it was policy that men cant wear make-up that looks better than the girls do. I guess I have been the talk of the facility for the past few days. I told him in explanation that he could pass on that I was a guy eho liked to express his feminine side. It was a little too busy to show him my pic or explain much more. He also said he was the only one brave enough to ask because everyone else was afraid to offend me. Not at all offended I said.

I was getting worried girls. I was wondering how much I was going to have to ramp up the fem before I got a reaction. Well im off for the next two days, so I can just imagine the talk that will go on. Cant wait till Sat when I go back.

You've got some guts hun. I wish I had the kind of courage you do

Until then i'll keep looking up to you.

-Rayna

Good for you! There is no way I could do that in my job, but then again, I can't imagine going outside the house like this right now.

Girls watches....there's an accessory I haven't thought of yet....(heading to the jewelry box)

Pip

'Way to go' Charlene. Good to know you're out there and getting a positive reception. Please, please keep us all posted.

kaye_martin

How wonderful

Bravo, Charlene! Many would say that presenting yourself as a guy in feminine clothes and accessories requires as much or more courage than presenting yourself as a woman.

Thank goodness someone finally made a comment.....soon word will get around that you're not offended by the attention, and others will feel comfortable acknowledging your new look and supporting you. If there are any who don't approve, I'm sure they'll be outnumbered

Thanks for the inspiring story...I hope it will help others work up the courage to follow your lead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

Thank you for the encouragement, but I must give a lot of credit to the support of my wife Bunny. Without her I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to pull it off. It also helps that nursing assistants are always in demand and hard working ones will usualy be allowed some oddness. Still I find that them not wanting to offend me is a very good sign. I just cant wait till my hair gets long enough that I can pull off full fem.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Way to go girl!

Lets us know what happens on Saturday. Hopefully it's 100% good
    Hugs,

Teddie

great stuff, and good for you in being brave enough to express yourself freely, you should go in as you lokk in picture your gorgeous then that will be a converstaion point, let us know what happens on saturday

Tristen Cox
    I hope this is a good thing that is happening. Hard to tell though at this point, but good luck

Wow, good to hear that you've been talked about, because that may mean they are ok with it, as you've not beenreprimanded.
    DonnaT

As a side afect the GG where you work may start dressing better to. If your eye make-up looks better than thier's. I guess you'll be the one who sets the standard that the other will have to follow. Good luck.
    Stephenie

Smile

Charlene you are my idol!
    You have got courage to spare girl. I wish I could be more like you in that respect.
    It sounds like you have some pretty cool co-workers if they were afraid to offend you just in asking about it. Most wouldn't stop to think about your feelings before saying something. That is a great sign! It's nice to hear about places that put more value on people's character and work ethic than on their appearance or things.
    I really hope everything works out for you there!
    Love and Hugs,
    Jessica

My god, you've got some b*lls.... lol.

The courage and adventure you show are amazing, and I wish you well in that job. The guy who asked you sounds like a nice bloke, and I hope no bitchy comments will knock around the staff room when you're not there. You deserve every success at work!

hugs xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Hi Charlene,

You are amazing girl.I hope this continues for you.I could never do that,but everyone here knows I don't dress fully or go out. :Power:
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

I admire your courage Charlene. I hope this continues to work out for you. I would love to go to work enfem.Sigh.Maybe someday things will change.Let us know if there is anything new on Saturday

Well done honey, feels great doesn't it.

I wear eye make-up and have painted nails at work too, but I took it slowly, a bit at a time, and most people there knew about me anyway thanks to the office grapevine. You just went for it!! Good for you!!

keep it up, and help us all get out of our closets.

Mona xx.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Charlene,
    Way to go! That is so cool. I wish I had the guts to go to work in some makeup - somehow I don't think my co-workers would be as ok with it since I work with a bunch of conservative people.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Post Offended?

Nice that they were more concerned with them offending you than visa versa. That means they care and respect you as a person.
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Wow, I am impressed. I can't even go out. Also the nursing community here is ultraconservative

AbbyLee

StephanieCD
    An inspiration to us all, absolutely.

Dont get me wrong gals I have seen people fired for having an inappropriate look. The one I saw fired though had blue green and purple hair depending on the day, plus multiple facial piercings. He was warned then fired. My boss when I was hired mainly said she didnt want to see a drag queen at work. Since my goal is to fit in with normal women as much as possible I wont have a problem.

Funny thing is that with the girls being jealous of how good my eye make-up is, (im still learning) I am totaly jealous of their perfectly plucked and arched eyebrows.

Another point on my courage. For all my life I have never felt that I fit in. Well I have fit in with women. For me letting Charlene out has given me a new look on life. After repressing the fem side all my life, I want to try this new way of fitting in with the world. I dont delude myself into thinking that all will accept me, but since many didnt anyway what do I have to lose.

Again thanks for all of your support and encouragement. I will keep you all posted on what happens next.
    Charlene

Quote Originally Posted by Marla GG
    Bravo, Charlene! Many would say that presenting yourself as a guy in feminine clothes and accessories requires as much or more courage than presenting yourself as a woman.

I agree wholeheartedly with Marla. This is very inspiring. You are very brave Charlene. I believe that we are in a gender polarized society. We have grown accustom to gender distinctions that are at the very least highly dysfunctional. I admire anyone who goes through the struggle of transitioning from one gender to another but I stand in awe of those who bravely stake out the middle; not just switching teams but rejecting the current order of things. You are moving us into a better world.
    Warm Regards,
    Elysia

Charlene, you make me proud to be a crossdersser.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

WAY TO GO
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

GypsyKaren
    I admire your courage Charlene, took a lot of guts. I 've been asked a couple of times about why I got both ears pierced and I gave them some **** and bull story. There's another tg at work who's open about it, she's walking the walk as a woman right now, saving up for the operation. We work in a steel mill, and the others got on her like a pack of hyenas when she first came out. I'm afraid I don't have the backbone of either one of you, but I'm getting there.Anyhow, way to go girl.
    GypsyKaren