154 42.31%
  • My SO DOESN'T know but others do

17 4.67%
  • I'm out. My SO/lots of people know

128 35.16%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's out! poll

Who's out! poll

In many threads we see that lots of our community are closeted while others are fully out with many in betweeners. I'd be interested to know the percentages of each.

In the poll are just four questions, choose carefully,

1. I'm closeted ie no one else knows (at least you hope so)
    2. Only my SO knows.
    3. My SO doesn't know but others do
    3. I'm out my SO and others know
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

My SO knows and a few of our friends and some of her co workers know. Our family does not know nor do my co workers.

I would love for some of my family to know. Soon I hope to tell my mother.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Only my Dear Wife knows. I came out fully to her 3 years ago and we have been doing real well. No other family or friends know. I don't go out even though I would love to.

Only my wife knows but others have seen Angie the past 3 Halloween.
    Angie

My wife knows and is NOT happy with it!!!!! I have tried to explain my need(s) to do this and my inner most feelings concerning my feminine side but I am being met with negativity and very strong negativity at that. Sooooo to that end I am very much in the closet so far in fact that the hangers are stabbing me in the face. Oh well, maybe some day

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

I'm out to quite a few (24) - In about 6 months time there will be about 200 customers and other employees of the company I work for who will also be told.

a difficult choice

I chose the option : "only my SO knows", because this one was rather close to my situation, and as no better choice was proposed for me in the poll.

I do consider myself somewhat out of the closet, although most of my family, neighbours and friends do not know (except SO and SO's daughter).

Being out is essentially a matter of personal feeling I mean. It's not a matter of how many people do know. I enjoy being private. I dress about as I want, and I go out dressed (femme or semifemme) exactly as I want, and my preference is not to be known by most people in my surroundings. I don't disclose that much about me (whether about dressing or not). I only will tell real friends about me, and real friends are quite rare.

Fear is not what drives me, personal choice is.

Thumbs up i'm out

that's another vote for i'm out.

My wife knows, one female and one male friend.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Content and Happy
    I have been out for a long, long time and have no plans of going back. I believe what makes it easy for me is that I am single and love it. I have lots of lady friends who like me just the way I am.
    [SIZE="3"]Lanore[/SIZE]

Everyone I know, knows about me. Some react good, some don't (some of the family mainly). I don't care, this is who I am.

I don`t consider myself in the closet , but my therapist is the only person I have told about my cross dressing , she is helping me to explore my feelings and concerns.
    And then there are all of the people on this forum with who I have shared my feelings and opinions .
    I am some where in between , but I am pretty comfortable with myself and where I am with cross dressing and that is what is most important to me.
    Tomara

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I consider myself fully out in that, everyone who needs to know, knows, such as my closest family (except my young nephews) and friends, and they know that I've been going out and making friends with other crossdressers. That and I go out in public with out fear of beeing noticed or recognized.

There are still quite a large number of people who don't now about "Caroline". My boss and co-workers, Aunts, Uncles and cousins, and the people who I casually deal with on a day to day basis such as bank tellers and clerks where I regularly shop, BUT I don't worry or care if they do find out. In fact I wouldn't mind it at all. Most people I know probally would not be surprised to find out I identify as Transgendered, and I'm ready to explain to anyone who has any questions.

I suppose I'm pretty ambiguous looking as a guy already, so there was never really much of a closet for me to begin with.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 12-25-2008 at 10:36 AM.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Banned Read only
    I don't have a SO at the moment but I've been out to my family and friends for a long time. They've all known Avril for many years.

I think we need another voting option.

My SO knows and a few 'select' friends. None of my immediate family, my 'male' friends or anyone from work know.. although that may change in the New Year..

Can we have a 'tweener' choice?

My SO knows, but with our 'dont ask, dont tell [when you are dressing and going out]' arrangement, she doesn't exactly know, so.....I guess my preferred choice would be 'SO and a few others know', but SO doesn't participate'.

The 'few others' are some great friends from the Portland gay/lesbian community who I was close to for years before I outed myself to them. They became better friends, and the GG in particular was instrumental for me getting up enough courage and self-confidence to leave my house and go out on the street.

In fact, my first street outing in 25 years was with her accompanying me....we had a ball....
    Last edited by Helen 2; 12-25-2008 at 10:53 AM.

If you feel there isn't a category exactly for you then you can vote in the category which you believe you fit nearest to.
    Thanks for the votes girls, we seem to be getting a distinct pattern already. Keep voting, please.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I don't have an SO atm and I have not told anyone else about me yet. I am, hopefully, gonig to a local tg group New Years Eve party and they will be the first to meet me en femme and it will also be my first time out!
    As for my family, I may have to tell them this year so hopefuuly they will accept my decision, otherwise I'll be on my own.
    living the dream

My wife is the only one who knows. She had a go at trying to accept but that didn't really work for her. She understands Tash ain't going away so it's the old don't ask / don't tell situation.

I am way too chicken (at the min anyway) to go out in public!

I'm out only to my wife. However I do go out fully dressed ,so their are many who have seen Audrey but don't know who she really is.

My Spouse knows for sure. I think a lot of my fellow office workers suspect because of all the UPS deliveries that I get.
    JoAnne Wheeler

I'm just like JoAnne: after 40 years of marriage the odd dropped varnished finger nail, rearranged dressing table items and in the early days postal deliveries from women's stores have laid a trail of clues. Nothing ever would make a declaration of my CDing wise or accepable; I never asked how my wife lost her virginity, that's her secret and Fiona shares hers with me and no one else

Fi

I'm way DEEP ... DEEEEEP in the closet, behind that old football that doesn't hold air anymore and the teddy bear that you dressed up in girly clothes when you were younger... yikes, I don't need help, do I???
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Wife and few select family members know. My wife is currently the only person who has seen me dressed in person.

i'm out

everyone who knows me have been accepting apart from the ex
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]