Thread: Fewer women wear hosiery-less stressful for me

Fewer women wear hosiery-less stressful for me

I wonder if anyone reading this can react as I do. OK, at nearly 62, I have been drawn to women's lingerie since about age 5-6. Started crossdressing then too, though clearly not to the extend of an adult--just sister's pink nylon panties,etc.
    I love to wear PH and everyday wear Silk Reflections. Where I live-not a big city like Chicago or New York with serious business women--but a modern community of 125,000--I rarely see a woman wearing sheer hosiery. I watch for this and I wonder if there are 100 women in the entire city on any given day (sunday may be an exception--church,etc) wearing sheer hose. Curiously, this causes me LESS stress. Naturally, as I am in the closet, I can't wear a dress about town so my hosiery is hidden by my Lands End or similar ladies slacks (look close enough to male to get by). When I see an attractive woman in sheer hosiery I get such a feeling of sadness, disappointment that I can't be dressed like that-be that pretty lady. If they all wear slacks, don't think twice about it. Are others nutty like this as I describe? Helen

Yes! I sure do relate. At the singles dance i go to in drab, there are a number of birthgirls there, that dress very nicely, in hose and heels, and i get the same feeling, and, when i see one in a store, or other place, in a skirt, dress, hose and heels. Most where jeans or pants, and very seldom, does that affect me the same way, unless they have lovely hair, faces.

Former Member
    I can relate too. There is nothing I like seeing more than an attractive woman wearing a business skirt suit with hose and heels. My feminine side wishes I could look as good as her in that business suit and my male side says "yeah baby!!!"

If I wear hose I'm usually wearing a skirt or a dress..... It's just one of those rules.... lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

is very content! Victoria Gizelle's Avatar
    I agree and feel your pain. there in nothing better than seeing a women dressed up from head to toes where everything just looks amazing, on her. Complimented by nylons. Now a days too many women take it for granted and don't realize what's going on. The best looks are those from the 50's 60's when they just looked great 24/7. I will always strive to look my best from head to toe, I learned from watching them getting ready, and carried that to this day; not Joan Collins glamour.. but Lucille Balle beauty and once in awhile Tina Louise beauty. yester years beauty is timeless ans classic V.~
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Victoria Gizelle

Yes I know what your saying Helen.Theres nothing like a beautiful lady in a skirt or dress with hose on.
    Angie

Everyone is different, but to me the most sensual part of getting dressed is a garter belt and stockings. I can't think of anything more feminine.

I love to dress up
    I agree as well. I would say that probably 90% of the time when I see a lady in a pretty dress or a nice skirt and blouse, the legs are bare and they really should have put on some hosiery. Hosiery gives the legs a finished appearance. There are about 10% that have legs that can get away with no hose.

thanks for the input. I think how "Society" pressures women (as well as men). It has become 'incorrect' it seems to wear sheer hosiery. The 'fitting in' thing is so overpowering. I blame this on pretty Katie Couric who , I think, started this no hose thing. I agree that when it is 90 degrees out,give the GGs a break, but when it is cooler, don't GGs want to attact flattering glances at their gams? I see women minus hosiery in the coldest of weather and the untanned legs look very out of place when bare. I suppose things go in cycles-someone who is a 'trendsetter' will decide that sheer hosiery is OK and back the pendulum will swing. Just my thoughts. helen

You are so right. Putting on stockings and fastening them to my garterbelt is such a wonderful feelling.

Hosiery and skirts have always been my favorite feminine clothing, I think it's because those were the first articles of clothing from my Mom's closet that I would wear as a kid. But it's true that many women nowadays think hosiery is no longer fashionable. I really like when I do see an attractive woman in sheer hosiery, I feel both attraction and a little bit of jealousy that I'm not dressed like her .

Me personally, I wear pantyhose ALL the time, with slacks, skirt or dress. I just don't feel right with bare legs and to be honest my legs look better with pantyhose.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Agree

I AGREE TOTALLY WITH YOU. AS CDers WE WANT TO EXPERIENCE ALL OF WOMANHOOD THAT WE CAN. WE HAVE BEEN DENIED THE OPPORTUNITY AND WE WANT TO MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME.
    LOVE,
    JoAnne Wheeler

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I think most of you know I've been full time for 8 years now, and I almost always wear a skirt or a dress to work because I think it looks more professional, and of course I love how I look and feel. I've had a few women tell me after seeing me, they like how I look and plan to wear nicer things for work. Maybe I'll start a trend here

Naturally, men love the look, especially of a short skirt with heels, which is a bonus for me also. Nothing makes me feel more feminine than a handsome man smiling at me after checking out my legs.

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Yeah.....it's always a mixture of appreciation, envy, and jealously when I see an attractive woman who has taken the time to get "the look". Makes me both happy and sad at the same time.
    Sally

Sally I must agree with the mixed emotions, I too have these when I see a woman who has taken the time to look her best and do everyday things.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    thanks for the input. I think how "Society" pressures women (as well as men). It has become 'incorrect' it seems to wear sheer hosiery. The 'fitting in' thing is so overpowering. I blame this on pretty Katie Couric who , I think, started this no hose thing. I agree that when it is 90 degrees out,give the GGs a break, but when it is cooler, don't GGs want to attact flattering glances at their gams? I see women minus hosiery in the coldest of weather and the untanned legs look very out of place when bare. I suppose things go in cycles-someone who is a 'trendsetter' will decide that sheer hosiery is OK and back the pendulum will swing. Just my thoughts. helen
    My absolute favorite is a short mini skirt,silky white blouse,off-black or suntan pantyhose
    and black heels&staying dressed for hours,cleaning my house&playing on the computer
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle