Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD related thing you regret doing the most?

Aspiring Member
    Purging when I got married - I had some lovely things and dumped em all thinking marriage was going to "cure" me!

(I divorced 4 years later and I'm now on the road to transitioning)

My biggest regret is not coming out in my 20s. Life could have been so different.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

My regret is purging some clothes when i was about 13 from then i didn't start again till i was about 15. 2 years of fun wasted

What I regret doing the most was allowing the pink fog to get the best of me at the begining of my first marriage. That turned my first wife off completly and certainly contributed to the end of the marriage. I thought she had accepted it more than she really did, because we had not set up groung rules and boundries or spent enough time being honest and talking about it.

The good thing is I learned from it and went into my second marriage far more prepared by sharing with my wife long before we were married and talking and listening to her feelings and working out ground rules and boundries with her from the onset.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Speding close to a thousand dollars on Queen size hoseiry throughout the yers, only to lose weight and drop down to size B.

Not learning to accept and investigate my fem side when I was younger and single.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    1. keeping myself hidden away from my wife - thank goodness she understood me when I eventually came out to her .
    2. Virtually the same deceptiveness - except to my imediate family , who I fear would never understand - hence I cannot tell them about Michelle .

Wish I had done the therapy thing with my first wife, I believe now she would have accepted it but was just in shock and afraid. She was really a better person than I gave her credit for, it would have made life so different to have stayed with her. Oh well. I have caused others too much pain.

My only regret is not finding a forum and information like this earlier. I'm sure others also spent years of isolation, guilt, and shame trying to "fix" what was "wrong" with themselves. This site has been so enlightening and such an inspiration!

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Purging in my late teens, early 20's.

Taking so long to accept who I am. time wasted looking for the reason and cures. Joni here was a big help to me, more than she knows. So not to have another regret. Thank you Joni, I wish you the very best.

Not starting earlier! Oh my I wasted a lot of years by just starting to CD in my forties. Oh lord it would be fun to see what I could have looked like when I was in my twenties.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I regret not standing up to my mum on the many occasions when she found my stuff as a teen, and saying to her -- "go ahead -- tell my dad".

I regret not wearing panties and bras all the time to school when I was in high school

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I regret not going full time when I had the opportunity 15 yrs ago. I should have at least tried.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8