Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why CDing is healthy for me!

Why CDing is healthy for me!

Whenever I start to gain a few pounds, I think to myself well, I won't be able to fit into that gown or sundress if I keep this up, so I cut back on my food and exercise more. I had a few "big girl" items, but tossed them this year.

Anybody think that your health is just a bit better because you're trying to keep in shape for your favorite girly clothes?
    -Sedona

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar

Me too

I do that too. I'm often finding myself keeping an eye on my weight since I started dressing. Before that, I didn't care if I gained pounds, but I do now.
    Like you, I want to fit in and look good in my favorite dresses and pants, etc....

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    Anybody think that your health is just a bit better because you're trying to keep in shape for your favorite girly clothes?
    What? Oh, yeah! Without a doubt. I've lost some weight and am on the cusp of a healthy size 12. And then that makes me happy. And the happier I am the more confident I am and the better life goes. So it's all very good for my health indeed!

Sarah...

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I think my dreessing is my greatest reason for maintaining my weight.I would have to spend a fortune to replace all of me female attire.

Absolutely, aside from eating healthier and getting plenty of exercise, I also try to take better care of my skin. I believe Crossdressing can have a number of health benefits.

I don't tend to put on weight so I don't get to concerned with haveing to watch what I eat.
    Angie

Beyond the weight control and healthier diet stuff already mentioned, which also applies to me, I'm a happier and nicer person in "Epi" mode, than my pure guy mode.

Calmer, kinder, more considerate. Simply more of the positive fem attributes that I admire. Improves my emotional and psychological health, also.
    Last edited by Epi Cene; 11-30-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    My weight, my waist... they never used to bother me, * except from the point of view of appearance. Flat tum, abs good and etc.
    But active Cding is another story. I have worn either a 10 or a 12 for years and a tum growth is positively discouraged at the first sight.
    Before, in the times when I was inactively out, it did not matter so very much. But during active dressing times, did it matter what my muscles and secondly health were like... of course.
    Slim Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Flip side for me.....I find that sometimes I can get quite stressed over this whole CD/TG thing that goes on in my head. Deep feeling of femininity yet no escape. I am fat, over 40 and quite honestly a sad git

Sigh!!

Never mind

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    For me if I go too long with out dressing get stress headaches, I do watch what I eat so I can maintain my looks.I found if I lose too much weight I affects my look and where I am at now (slightly over) makes me look good.

I realized quite quickly that the cuter clothes are in the smaller sizes.

Over the last 4 years I've lost better than 70 pounds and have gone from a size 18 pants to a size 8.

With the loss of excess FAT my cholestrol has dropped, B.P. has come down, sugar level has also gone down, general activity level has increased.

Would I have done this on my own without "dressing" I doubt it.

Being able to maintain this weight isn't too difficult when I think of the cost it would take to purchase bigger clothes AGAIN.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Nice to see others out there that share these thoughts. Maybe down the road, there will be a "Crossdress for Fitness" craze. Wishful thinking!

I want to do some dressing in early February, so will need to work hard in January to get off the holiday pounds. But, it's definitely worth it!!!
    -Sedona

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post
    I realized quite quickly that the cuter clothes are in the smaller sizes. Over the last 4 years I've lost better than 70 pounds and have gone from a size 18 pants to a size 8. With the loss of excess FAT my cholestrol has dropped, B.P. has come down, sugar level has also gone down, general activity level has increased.
    Me too. I've lost 35 lbs. in the last 8 months. I wear a size 14 skirt and a 16 top (still too much muscle). But, I can get into some 14 tops now. So, I'm on the cusp. My bp is 115/75, sugar is down from 102 to 92, and cholesterol is 215. So, I'm real close. Before this? I was fat, depressed, and hated my look when I dressed. Now I'm getting happier! And I think it's directly related to looking better when dressed! I used to go out in public for God's Sake. The best thing is, the entire misses department opens up at size 14! Every style, every rack, every outfit has a 14! Can you say crossdressing Nirvana!

LOL.... I'm learning

yes, absolutely. I lost 30 lbs. and work to keep it off all as a slave to fashion

I too watch what I eat, it has to be cooked to my liking!!!!
    BTW, I also watch it disappear.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    I too watch what I eat,......
    BTW, I also watch it disappear.

Mollyanne
    The "mystery" of CDing ... pounds disappear and smaller clothes appear
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Big arms

My arms are muscular, my butt is too small, my chest is just right. I need to do more sit ups. My sexy dresses are a little tight after Thanksgiving meals. YES, the biggest reason for me to get back on my diet is my love of my dresses.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    The fear that I can easily go from size 6 to 16 causes me to eat my fruits and vegetables and forces me to exercise daily.

I have also lost weight since I started crossdressing a few years ago.

I was amazed at how much larger you look in clothes with no waist, such as many dresses. In male mode, pants and shirts hide the bulge, but in a dress I looked like I was pregnant.

I honestly never understood until in I was in a dress what women meant when they would ask, "does this make me look fat?" I am a lot more sympathetic now.

Liz

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I plan on starting and exercising soon, to get in shape and loose weight, since I am planning on starting my transition soon. And since I am planning on a full transition, not only do I want to look better, I know there is at least one SRS surgeon that makes his patience loose weight before he will perform SRS or FFS if they are overweight. So just incase, I want to be ready.

It has been educational as well,for instance...starving myself on diets and then finding out the real secret,eating whole grain and unrefined foods in practical portions.I believe restructuring my diet,coupled with "core oriented" workouts,keep me away from those size 33 jeans in the closet.
    Last edited by Celeste; 12-21-2008 at 10:44 AM.

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile loving the way i feel

yes id and i love fitting into that size 10 skirt. phylisanne

Wow, just rediscovered this thread, and thanks for sharing the extra stories. It's not meant to be easy, unless you have the metabolism of a humming bird, but so worthwhile, not just for fashion sake!
    -Sedona

Oh yes! I lost a little weight when I first started dressing a few years ago. Now I keep working at keep the tummy down and exercise more. A side benefit is that with the cleansing of my face my rosacea has disappeared and combined with my electrolysis my facial skin looks better than it has since I was in my 20's!
    Sally