Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CD New Year's Resolutions!

Meet others

My resolution is to be more outgoing and meet up with other local CDers. I have a tendency to be a little shy or withdrawn and I think it's because I'm surrounded by people that I don't feel will accept my feminine side. I'd like to meet other CDers and make new friends with the hopes of eventually gathering up the courage to get dressed up and go out.
    I'm so far back in the closet that I'm finding Christmas presents!

"Women often don't seem to have a problem with us, as long as we're not romantically involved with them of course." - goofus

Hmmm, let's see...

1. Get down to a size 10 (okay I'll be happy with a size 12)

2. Dress more (duh!)

3. Have a makeover.

4. Go to a CD meeting and go en femme

5. Get out and meet people as Lauren.

6. Go to the beach or out on a boat as Lauren (love to get those fem tan lines but alas!)

7. Spend an extended period of time as Lauren, 24x7.

8. Shop for a new wardrobe.

9. Be able to pay for the new wardrobe.

10. Have the courage to be who I am.

Drop a Dress size

I will need to keep pace with my wife's weight loss. We are both similar weight but her exercise and diet regime is starting to pay dividends.

Firstly to lose those extra pounds, otherwise there will be an awful lot of dresses and skirts for sale on EBay.
    Secondly to go through the epilating pain once a week instead of once every two weeks, hopefully it wont be so painful then.
    Thirdly to meet more of the girls I chat with on line
    [SIZE="2"]'It's a bitch this feminine itch' [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] http://www.tvchix.com/DeborahAnne
    [/SIZE]

Defining my crossdressing as artistic expression more so than gender expression. I think this is a niche that is rare but worth exploring.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    My first one is probably on most people's list- lose weight. I had a broken toe and then problems with my back so I haven't been able to exercise for several months and the pounds came creeping back! Next is to dress more. I've haven't been able to dress for a couple of months and I can't think about anything else!
    Happy New Year, here's to hoping that 2009 is better for us all-
    Joanne

hopes to become a girl xoAmandaxo85's Avatar
    my new years resolution is to start on hormones so that I can have srs done on me

Banned Read only cd_britney_426's Avatar
    My goals for 2009:

1. Focus more on being my true self and spend less time worrying about what others think and also avoid suppressing my feminine nature to fit in.

2. Coming out to relevant people by letting them know about my cross-dressing and that I am potentially transgendered.

3. Improve various female skills such as getting better with makeup, getting better at shopping without needing another TG along or worrying about the stares, work on my feminine voice, female walk, and other good stuff like that.

4. Look into the possibility of electrolosys. I don't like shaving as it is time-consuming and too frequently I am cutting my face and legs trying to get it perfect. I've never liked facial hair anyway so I don't have a problem making such permenant changes to my body even though I'm not considered a TS.

5. Potentially dabble into going out as Britney to non-TG environments from time to time such as regular stores, restaurants, etc.

That should be plenty to focus on for the new year. I've got 365 days to really do some interesting stuff and I don't see myself procrastinating on this one! Britney

I hope to get rid of my belly, take better care of my skin, eat better, and enjoy every day as it comes.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

In the past Ive taken time off from dressing and not even logged in anywhere.
    So for 2009 my resolution is to stay in touch with the community even when Im not actively dressing.

I have 2 people Id like to come out to.

Then I have all the "just good for me" ones lose weight , skin care ect.

Hope everyone has a great New Year.

Cari

sunny with a high of 75!
    improve balance between Robin time and husband/father time.
    actually make it OUT to a Halloween event en femme.
    figure out this makeup thing.
    buy a pair of pumps (I've only got boots right now, and my new skirts NEED to show some more leg!).
    ride my bike regularly, but in such a way as to not get biker's thighs (I've lost 15 lbs on the QESDM diet- Quit Eating So Darn Much- and will only lose another 10-15 through increased cardio).

New Years

I Promise to myself to go out into Public, "Not just in the car" at least once a Month.........

Big 3

There are just 3 things that I want to complete, all within 6 months:

Get my weight down to 147 pounds (67kg) ~ Last year I shed 24 pounds. I need to loose another 11 pounds.

Complete my facial hair removal ~ I've had 8 sessions of laser already. I'll do 4 more and then start electroylsis.

Go full Time ~ Just about everything is in place already. I just need some time for the hormones to give me an edge.

I resolved years ago not to make anymore resolutions! And this one I kept!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I resolve to...
    Come out to my family
    Go out in public as Stacey
    Win $250,000,000 dollar powerbal lottery. I would then buy a huge mansion and invite all you girls over for a huge tg housewarming party!!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

New Girl On The Block NikkiBeth's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]
    1. Get back on track with my weight loss program. I've been stuck at the same weight +/-10 for over a year. Need to push to the next plateau- another 25lbs and I will be a comfortable size! 14.
    2. Improve Nikki's overall female appearance, find her voice, improve her mannerism's, make-up, hair, walk etc.
    3. Increase my "Nikki Time"
    4. Acceptance of Nikki by my wife.
    5. Add to my clothes and shoe wardrobe
    [/SIZE]

Two main ones for me...

1. Lose about 50 lbs.. I'm back to the point where it's hard to look at myself in the mirror while dressed.

2. Let my wife know about my CDing... I've been chickening out on this one for a long time but I'm GOING to make it happen this year!

Best wishes for a happy new year to all!

Nothing really with the exception of being closer to Zero Point. Expect the same as we had in 2008 except more of it as 2008 was just a sample, so enjoy the ride my friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    I will have to think about mine. Better makeup techniques sure tops the list.

A common one seems to be weight loss. This is one that I was successful at this year as I am reaching my goal. So I would like to offer a few tips that helped me through:

1. They say that writing down goals helps you to commit to them in your mind. I feel the same about calories. I used http://caloriecount.about.com to track what I ate and it helped me keep in line by totaling my daily intake plus the nutrition levels.

2. Small meals. Some people can't help but snack some, so you have to give in somewhere. Smaller meals help. Spread your food out across the whole day instead of eating a lot in one sitting.

3. For that matter, split a meal up into two to three "sessions". Have part of it now and another part 1-2 hours later. This could help eliminate some snacking.

4. Eat slowly. You will feel satisfied with less food.

Good luck to all on your goals!

Heres mine

1 - get down to a size 10
    2- Attend Be All from Tuesday to Sunday!!!
    3 - Find those red high heels
    4 - dress more
    5 - have nothing but VS panties
    6 - Wear that pink formal dress out
    Hugs
    Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsy View Post
    My goals for '09 are: to get out!! continue perfecting my look and my feminine attributes, lose 15lbs, and to just enjoy this wonderful gift!!
    and oh yes! shop!!!

Kelsy

This is a great answer, Kelsy! I am a lot like you. Overall, I just want to enjoy this wonderful of feeling and wanting to be more feminine!
    Last edited by sybercom11; 12-31-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Typo
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile For 2009, Lets see...

Lose at least 60 lbs and go to the gym in a short skirt and cami to exercise. Possibly, tell some closer work associates that I dress up occassionally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

My resolutions CD-wise are to look better as a female--->get better at make-up! Also, to get a wig that maxmizes my femininity.

can you zip me up please? Petra Bellejambes's Avatar

Share all the wonderful stuff with my wife

A lot of happiness depends on that. It would not be fair to develop my femme side in the dark. To her, or to my wife. And it would steal a lot of happiness from all of me.

That is the biggie for 2009. The rest is trivia (even though the rest of it really gets my little heart patting...)
    Blogging like a woman possessed at Voyages en Rose.
    Happy dressing, and happy everything else! Petra

For me it's about taking small steps. I've booked my first appointment with a dressing service - just gonna take it from there!