Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lapel pin

Lapel pin

Yesterday, one of the sisters suggested that we might want to consider some type of badge ot pin to wear, even when we are in drab, so we know each other if we ever run across one another.

In thinking about this, I would suggest a lapel pin about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter with the pink and blue insignia on these posts trimed in silver or gold.

Administrators and sisters, what do you think ?

Love from your sister,

JoAnne Wheeler

I'd love to buy and wear a pin like that. Great idea!

I have the CD.com pink/blue yin/yang logo on my MSN Messenger at the moment. So far, no-one I know has said anything so I guess that means none of my contacts are also members here. LOL!
    I'm so far back in the closet that I'm finding Christmas presents!

"Women often don't seem to have a problem with us, as long as we're not romantically involved with them of course." - goofus

A great idea.I would love towear a pin to show my love of crosdressing too ther CDs.

This subject comes up quite often. Whatever is decided upon by some for ID purposes has to be optional, however. Otherwise, there is the potential danger of exclusivity that some folks may not be comfortable with for whatever reason due to varied individual circumstances. Sort of like some that try to make CD "standards" for others. It's okay to have some kind of co-operative recognition but it has to be a personal choice.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I too would wear on e- HOWEVER - Pink and blue Ying Yang is too obvious. Maybe just a small pin of the logo of this website in silver - I would love it if I could recodnise a sister @

CD pin

I would be 100 % for this idea, sure would be good to identify other gurls.

I like Candy's idea. Silver would demonstrate the subdued good taste inherent in all of us, and would be harder for non-CDs to pick up on

That sister might have been me when I replyed to Cecilie's thread "Are you a CD? secret question". In that reply I suggested a lapel pin or perhaps an inconspicuous stud to be worn in ones earlobe. At any rate, if someone were to manufacture and make available some sort of identification exclusive to us (and at a reasonable price), I believe there would be enough buyers to turn a small profit. Perhaps one of our sisters already has the capability to produce such an ID symbol.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Banned Read only
    I have been dressing since I was 14, but I am still a guy, but I'm not wearing no stinkin pink and blue pin!

I think you're all failing to see that the general public will eventually pick up on something like this that is obvious. One celebrity caught wearing one, and we're all 'out'. The gossip crowd is always looking for something about someone to talk about. Wear a lapel pin, and someone is going to ask what it's all about.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'd rather just wear a dress instead...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    The idea is shot down before its maiden flight.
    and to think I was going to start manufacturing them to make some money.
    Sigh.

I'm with you Karen, LBD. Keli

little place called Delaware, southerly from Philly Pa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Are skirts acceptable Karren? If so I'm in great shape.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I think you're all failing to see that the general public will eventually pick up on something like this that is obvious. One celebrity caught wearing one, and we're all 'out'. The gossip crowd is always looking for something about someone to talk about. Wear a lapel pin, and someone is going to ask what it's all about.

Ok, whos the celeb on this site It is a great concept to wear while dressed but not in drab.

Aspiring Member
    guess i'm out of this, don't wear anything with a lapel anymore. oh well, that's retirement

Quote Originally Posted by beenherelongtime View Post
    guess i'm out of this, don't wear anything with a lapel anymore. oh well, that's retirement
    I follow the same dress code, like the rest of us comfortably retired CD's. The only thing I seem to wear with a lapel is my tux which isn't a good place for a pin.

Two thumbs up... I'm all for it. I'd proudly wear a pink/blue pin like that while in drab guy mode - I'd most likely put it on my ball cap right next to the pin showing a guy bent over bearing his ass pointing at a rosey red lip print implying "kiss my ass"...

Nicole

I would be willing to wear a pin I think it would be an honor to show what I love . Pink blue sliver doesn't matter to me Just would be proud to wear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    Yesterday, one of the sisters suggested that we might want to consider some type of badge ot pin to wear, even when we are in drab, so we know each other if we ever run across one another.

In thinking about this, I would suggest a lapel pin about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter with the pink and blue insignia on these posts trimed in silver or gold.

Administrators and sisters, what do you think ?

Love from your sister,

JoAnne Wheeler
    It's a nice idea, but they're seriously dated.

They haven't been in since the early 80s.

Banned Read only
    No thanks, I'm simply not interested in playing that game. Theres only two or three people on here from the city I live in, and the chances of passing by sometime are so minimal and add to that the chance of them noticing and its not worth the fuss.

I think Candy has the idea Make the pin in just silver.
    Angi

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

Karren, you may be on to something...

What about a Blue Emperor Waist short dress, with a wide pink belt? Even I could recognize a crossdresser wearing that. Or just the color Blue and Pink, oh wait, we would look to much like the Red Hat Society.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassia-Marie View Post
    I'd love to buy and wear a pin like that. Great idea!

I have the CD.com pink/blue yin/yang logo on my MSN Messenger at the moment. So far, no-one I know has said anything so I guess that means none of my contacts are also members here. LOL!
    What purpose would this serve?

Besides, what if you don't wear sport coats or suits?