Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lapel pin

It's a nice thought, but I'm not for it. I don't often wear clothes with lapels, but in addition, I think that it does not address the underlying issue--acceptance.
    Why wear a pin? Perhaps a person would feel more accepted by being able to recognize others who share the behavior and the secret. Of course, the secret would come out (it wouldn't take a celebrity; it would just take a few friendly questions, "what's the lapel pin stand for?"). Then the gossip-mongers would have a field day and it would surely make a major feature on FOX News.
    Lapel pins and the secret society would get the attention, but acceptance would be the real issue.
    I'm for wearing our dresses and skirts, sans lapel pins.
    warmly, Linnea

Lapel pin

Why not just hang a neon sign around your neck that proclaims you as a crossdresser? You think for even a moment that only crossdressers will know its significance when it's been around for a while?

Should we initiate the secret handshake?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Why not just hang a neon sign around your neck that proclaims you as a crossdresser? You think for even a moment that only crossdressers will know its significance when it's been around for a while?
    Should we initiate the secret handshake?
    Right, let's turn this into an exclusive club that requires membership, a CD tattoo, and a minimum of 4 piercings. that's perfect.

People would inevitably ask what it meant-you'd have to explain your specific type of gender dysphoria in context with at least some of the others, drag, transvestism, transexuality, etc. Who wants to go there every day. But I would get one. I know one bar where it would be cool.

Just wear a frock, for goodness' sake..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]