Thread: Oops

Oops

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

Have you ever done anything automatically while in male mode.

I was in a checkout queue wearing my usual bra, briefs and tights under my drab gear and my bra strap was slipping of my shoulder, without even thinking about it, in went my hand and slid it back and of course there was the inevitable ‘snap’ sound as I let go, bringing sudden realization what I’d just done. To me it sounded loud enough for the whole shop to hear. The person in front (a man) was paying for his items didn’t show any reaction and the young girl on the checkout didn’t even look in my direction but I dare not look round as I knew there was women behind me. I emptied my basket onto the conveyer which included a multi pack of tights and a bottle of moisturiser, which at other times I wouldn’t have given a second thought too but now I just wanted to get them in a bag as quickly as possible. Still not looking back I put my thing into a bag and paid.

As I took my change I looked back, the lady behind me was looking directly at me and smiling, I just gave her a nod and smiled and I was away. As I got to the door I had a quick look back and the women and the checkout girl were both watching me with big smiles on their faces. It took me long while before I went to that shop again.

Nowadays I don’t think I would give a dam. But it just shows how easy it is to reveal yourself

Mostly Harmless...
    Happy new year to you as well.

It is surprising easy to do something so automatically without realizing what one is doing. It has happened to me as well.

I am rather obsessed with my hair, so I tend to keep it all nice. Often I I might just take out my brush and brush my hair, no matter where I am. I've done it in school, at work, in the bus etc. the list could go on forever. Often my friends have asked why do I keep brushing it, I always answer back because there's nothing better to do and my hair gets knots rather easily.

So far I've manage to avoid the bra stripes slipping scene, but I really have to try hard not to go there straight away when it has happened. A lot easier to do when the stripes are the right length: If the stripes slide down, I tighten them a little bit until they do not. Takes a while until they are all nice, but its worth the trouble.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Chewies sister-moulted!
    At least you escaped without verbal confrontation. About 4 yrs ago I popped into a nearby chemist , on entering I noticed they had a special rate on some make up . So I grabbed a few items , concealer , eyeliner and some eyeshadow .
    Now , this chemist was near to my works , and having gone in there a few times over the years the chemist recognised me on entering . He was a kindly nice and quiet Indian man , who I was fond of . However , although we spoke cheefully as he put the items into a bag for me ( and a can of coke ) he looked at me and asked quite clearly, smiling " What are you up to ? " I was mortified - what did he mean ? I just wanted to pay and flee.....
    On handing him a £10 note the air was thick with tension . So I grabbed my coke opened it and tried to joke it off by remarking I hoped my wife liked the eye shadow colour. This only made him more suspicious - the look on his face was priceless .My feeble excuse for buying the make up for my wife didnt work. He saw right thru me . On handing me my change , he remarked about taking care , with a huge grin on his face.
    I hope my exit was'nt too obvious - I nearly sprinted ( or thats how it felt ) .
    I felt so small walking down the street , but the strange thing was I enjoyed it too, in a strange way .
    In fact I returned to the same place a couple of more times , once purchasing some perfume.
    I suppose on reflection , it was obvious a professional man of his nature must have dealt with many an embarressing situation and peoples , what with folks obtaining personal medication of all sorts. I must have just humoured him .
    A nice man .
    But still a bl**dy nervous encounter........

I have repositioned my bra straps, in public while underdressed, but I try to avoid the sound effects. It does tend to be an automatic reaction, particularly if you are busy with something else.
    Happy New Year,
    Lois

Unless one don't care that could be scary Jane.
    Angie

If I'm out of town, I probably wouldn't care if someone saw me adjust my bra straps. I'm much more careful where there are people who would know me. However, the question was about doing something without thinking. When I'm underdressed I seem to keep looking at myself in mirrors which is something I rarely do in drab mode.

Gold Member
    The tough part is staying cool when a situation changes (the snap). I believe most things aren't noticed and we get in a paranoid mode. Like you said, the sound was loud to you and may have been undetectable to everyone else. The lady behind you was having a great day and when she started saying hi to the cashier, it got the cashier smiling. I think if we do anything, we give ourselves away by being panicky.

Yeah... If the person behind me was a neighbor or a relative........... but if I just came out of the women's dressing rooms and was standing there with an arm full of dresses and skirts checking out... I'm probably not caring much!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have "snapped"tic in my panties in the restroom - you know the sound - is a whole lot different from mens underwear
    Love,
    JoAnne Wheeler

What you need to do, is to adjust your straps gently. NOT TO ping them against your skin!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Me too , I have also adjusted (no snapping) my bra straps in public while under dressed and a couple of times got caught at it , no big deal though just kept doing what I was doing and nothing was said.
    I didn`t even think about what I was doing at the time.
    Tomara

Quote Originally Posted by mistress michelle View Post
    At least you escaped without verbal confrontation. About 4 yrs ago I popped into a nearby chemist , on entering I noticed they had a special rate on some make up . So I grabbed a few items , concealer , eyeliner and some eyeshadow .
    Now , this chemist was near to my works , and having gone in there a few times over the years the chemist recognised me on entering . He was a kindly nice and quiet Indian man , who I was fond of . However , although we spoke cheefully as he put the items into a bag for me ( and a can of coke ) he looked at me and asked quite clearly, smiling " What are you up to ? " I was mortified - what did he mean ? I just wanted to pay and flee.....
    On handing him a £10 note the air was thick with tension . So I grabbed my coke opened it and tried to joke it off by remarking I hoped my wife liked the eye shadow colour. This only made him more suspicious - the look on his face was priceless .My feeble excuse for buying the make up for my wife didnt work. He saw right thru me . On handing me my change , he remarked about taking care , with a huge grin on his face.
    I hope my exit was'nt too obvious - I nearly sprinted ( or thats how it felt ) .
    I felt so small walking down the street , but the strange thing was I enjoyed it too, in a strange way .
    In fact I returned to the same place a couple of more times , once purchasing some perfume.
    I suppose on reflection , it was obvious a professional man of his nature must have dealt with many an embarressing situation and peoples , what with folks obtaining personal medication of all sorts. I must have just humoured him .
    A nice man .
    But still a bl**dy nervous encounter........
    In your situation, I would have leaned foreward, and very seriously whispered, "I'm a secret agent for the Queen's Guards. These simple items are used for top secret communication devices that I am not able to discuss."

Then let him figure it out.

Jodi

My SO and I were having a conversation about slipping bra straps just a few days ago. We finally agreed that she had it easier, since if we were with others SHE could just re-adjust things, while I would have to live with the strap slipping off my shoulder until I could find a private place to adjust things without being seen.

The same thing with pulling up sagging tights or PH when worn under pants.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

When you have to adjust a bra strap, you just have to do it. I just do it and don't worry about the snap or the questions. And I've never been questioned about it.
    warmly, Linnea

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.

Where is the closure?

I wear a heartrate monitor when I exercise, with the chest strap sensor, which attaches at each side. One of the first times I wore it at the athletic club I belong to, I reached with both hands to the middle of my back, to unhook the strap at the accustomed location! I don't know if anyone noticed, or interpreted this motion accurately. Oops....

Lee

Aspiring Member
    On two separate occasions recently, my wife and I were out shopping and at the check out register, I pull out my wallet to pay with my debit card only to find that it and my driver's license is not there. The first time this happened I whispered to my wife, "oh, I forgot to take them out of my purse this morning." On the second occasion, I looked at my wife and said out loud, "I did it again, I forget to take them out of my purse this morning after grocery shopping." You should have seen the look on the next person in line's face and the cashier as well.