Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photograph fear / more

Photograph fear / more

I really love to see all the pictures that have been posted to this website -

BUT, do any of you FEAR that these photos will come back to haunt you ?
    For those of us in rather high profile occupations and being active in the community (not the CD community) I worry that someone who knows me will download my photos and tell others. I know that we have femme names and so forth, but it still may be possible to put two and two together.

I just thought I would ask and get some opinions before I post my own pictures of JoAnne - JoAnne is ready to post, but my male self is not so sure and fears exposure.

Love always,

JoAnne Wheeler

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    It can be a legit concern for sure, especially if posted in the main forum ( which can be accessed by the general public). Pictures in the other forums, especially private ones, well a lot safer. Completely safe ? Nope, any member could download any image you see on here and spread it around some how. So, yes they could come back to haunt you in some way. BUT the haunt would be bad only if there is a way to "hold it against you". For many, that may not really be a concern. I think everyone should make their minds up and be as cautious as they feel they need to be. Do not let the fact that some of us show faces etc, push you towards doing the same thing - maybe it is not best for you.

C.

I think your concern is legitimate. You do have to be careful when you're in a higher profile position, too- not only posting on a forum like this, but even photos that are on your computer (work or personal). We all have to be careful and it's a risk that you take. I don't know where my life is going to lead me in the longer term, but to me, so what if there are photos of me dressed as a girl. I've done other things that some might say are worse than that (no not drugs). I just take ownership of what I do.

Sure, but you can always deny it. Who's going to recognize you. Besides, you can start asking questions about why that other person is hanging out on the CDers sites if they are not in to it themselves, 'not that there is anything wrong with that'. Or just bite the bullet and admit that you have dabbled a bit... For some place like work, I think my response would be 'who's asking? and why do they want to know?'.

Some images from this site have ended up on youtube and I'm sure other sites. You have to be prepared for that.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained I always say. Sure we don't know who does what with the pics we post here but the uncertainty is part of the deal really(and part of the fun). The laws of probability are in flux with crossdressing and being TG and we never really know how what we do affects others. It can be strange and wonderful or it can be discouraging and dismal.It depends on the person really. When it comes to self discovery, it's really a whole new ball game to most folks but if they stick with it they will learn the secret. What's the secret? Now, that would be telling right? Those who know it know what I mean.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

NO!! Not any more.. Yeah the first one was scarry but nothing happened... So I posted another.. Still nothing.. Hmmmm. Now with thousands of photos and movies of me enfemme.. And some in drab.. Over the last 5 years.. Still no adverse reactions!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I would suggest that if you are going to post a photo then make sure that you're looking good!!!!

Kelsy
    Last edited by Kelsy; 01-14-2009 at 12:49 PM.
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Former Member
    I agree with Sally.

If someone finds a picture of you on here, they are here for a reason.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    One Name ..... Barny Frank ... Just be yourself !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I work at a pretty high-class law firm. They also are highly rated with the GLBT community and have received awards. No, I'm not a lawyer, though. I mean what would they really do?

One guy found a pic of me once and tried to show some of the women here who he thought would be trying to get with me, that he wanted to do. My pics were on another website. They just asked him how he got access and how he found them.

What can they do to me? I am old, I am at the age where I go to more funerals than weddings. I have lived up to "their" standards for the majority of my life and was not as happy as I could have been. I know it sounds morbid but dammit I deserve to be me for the rest of what life I have. I don't harm small children or animals. I don't hit on married men. I don't press my agenda on anyone.

I agree if they are here they deserve exactly what they see. And doggone it I look pretty good as girl

(rant mode off)

Due to the individual circumstances for each of us being very different, some people can handle being 'out' while others cannot afford the possibility due to job, family, or other concerns. As a result, some people will never post a picture while others have posted family albums. Since each of us crossdress for different reasons, posting pictures is not the goal for everyone to achieve. If you are worried that a picture will come back and haunt you, it's probably not a good idea to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    I really love to see all the pictures that have been posted to this website -

BUT, do any of you FEAR that these photos will come back to haunt you ?
    For those of us in rather high profile occupations and being active in the community (not the CD community) I worry that someone who knows me will download my photos and tell others. I know that we have femme names and so forth, but it still may be possible to put two and two together.

I just thought I would ask and get some opinions before I post my own pictures of JoAnne - JoAnne is ready to post, but my male self is not so sure and fears exposure.

Love always,

JoAnne Wheeler
    You hit the nail right on the head there Joanne. That's why I just have my girlish avatar. I would love to post my pics on, & maybe someday I will. But I"m not ready to yet!

I don't know what there is to be afraid of. If my photos got out I might suffer a little embarassment for a while but that would be the worst of it.
    Last edited by trannie T; 01-14-2009 at 11:54 PM.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Joanne,

I have a question. Wouldn't it stand to reason that if someone was here looking for you then don't you think they have a pretty sharp suspicion about you already and if they just happened to recognize you cruising this site than what in hxxl are they doing here? Plus do you think they could recognize you en fem??

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by StacyCD View Post
    Due to the individual circumstances for each of us being very different, some people can handle being 'out' while others cannot afford the possibility due to job, family, or other concerns. As a result, some people will never post a picture while others have posted family albums. Since each of us crossdress for different reasons, posting pictures is not the goal for everyone to achieve. If you are worried that a picture will come back and haunt you, it's probably not a good idea to post it.
    There's always those who post and makes their faces unviewable.. that would be good.. or like me pose with the face nearly not viewable.. more back shots and almost face shots.. but I do agree that if you are truly afraid of any kind of discovery don't show any pictures here or on any other site.. my feeling is that if any of my family/friends/whatever should stumble across this site and find my pictures (such as they are) and put it together that "hey that's uncle/brother/whatever..." then my question to that person would be what were you doing there?? over all I'm not in a position that would wreck my marriage (not married) social standing (not on any board for anything anywhere) and as far as family is concerned I'm in the closet and want to remain there for the foreseeable future, and would hope that if anyone found this site and wanted to confront me about it that they would pull me aside and tell me what a brave/pervert/asshole I am.. whatever..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

wow, now u got me thinking hun, I put my pic on here after M & I split, never took it down, or gave it another thought when Debs and I got tog ..... so if anybody see's me out with Debs on male mode, they could put 2 +2 tog & come up with 4 .... will have a chat with her about it with her later and see how she feels about it, and let you all know. Thanks
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Well at my age I think I'd like the notoriety - Life in the old girl yet!

Darlene
    Take big bites of life, you only live once!

I think your concerns are also very legitimate JoAnne.
    I'd say really think it out and only go as far as your comfortable with.
    You know you could only show a partial area of your face if you choose, like hiding the other half with a book or something, probably how you'll end up seeing me in the future.

I think it is something you worry about before you do it... My photos have been a very positive aspect of my time in the community.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

The First Step Is The Most Difficult

We each have our own comfort level. I personally thing that there is little chance of someone I know recognizing me en femme. Yes as Karren stated, the first one is a little scary, but after that the rest get easier. It's really a lot like your feelings the first time you ventured outside your front door en femme.

Susan from Phoenix GO CARDINALS

Male By Birth
    Female By Design

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

I've got nothing really new to add but I'll come in because I thought this through a while back and posted my picture (plus a whole gallery).
    The chances of someone you know (but who doesn't know the femme side of you) surfing this site by pure chance and recognising you must be very remote. Not worth thinking about.
    It's more plausible for someone with CD leanings to be looking here because they want to find out stuff. If this is someone you know, where's the harm? You may have found a new CD friend.
    Finally, regardless of real or imaginary risk, there is the question of commitment. I am committed enough to membership of this site that I want you to see me. Also, I'm not ashamed of my appearance. In terms of self- and mutual recognition, the people on this site deserve to be able to see one another face to face, if only via photographs. This is probably more important than the vague risk of unwanted exposure.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Take some photos and use ones that aren't really useful for identifying you.

Hi Joanne,
    The risk of placing your photographs on line is very real. You have to think of the worst possible outcomes and make your decision. I have to agree with most of the advice that has been provided already. It might help to imagine the worst possible scenario and assess its likelihood and whether you could deal with the consequences. If you are in a relationship that could be endangered then you also need to take into account the sensitivities of your partner. Age must also be a factor, for example whether you are the parent of young children who could find the situation difficult to deal with. If you think it out carefully beforehand then you should have less to worry about - whatever your decision.

Best Wishes,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

All the pictures i have posted so far are from the neck down.
    I think there is some slight fear of being recognised but as many have already said why are the 'recognisers' in here at all.
    The other probably greater reason is with no wig and only lipstick as make up it is not a pretty sight (although i regret my earrings not getting their share of the attention).