Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pierced ears

Exclamation Pierced ears

I would love to have my ears pierced/ one at a time but is there any way of discuising the holes while in guy mode as i have a couple of oldfashioned friends of many years has anybody any positive experience eg would foundation work?

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Just get them both done done at once. If anyone asks, tell them they had a two for one sale! I got mine done a year ago and I'm a 55 year old truck driver. You may get some kidding, but so what? Maybe you'll start a trend with your buddies!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I wouldn't worry about disguising the holes, hun. A lot of guys wear earrings and at the end of the day, it's your life.

Happy New Year!

Sara xxx

I see this over and over and just don't get it. Today, no one in the world cares about men having their ears pierced. I work for a conservative company and they couldn't have cared less. Just suck it up and do it - you will be very happy! :-)

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I've had my ears pierced (both at once) since the end of August and not one person I work with has mentioned it to me, even once, tho I'm sure they've noticed. On one hand, I do work in a fairly male dominated position (grocery stock worker), but at the same time, a lot of my male co-workers and truck drivers have at least one ear pierced.

I'd say, if you're worried about people noticing, buy the smallest, least conspicuous studs you can find and good luck. You have to keep them in for at least six weeks before you can take them out, so there's really not much you can do to hide them until the holes close.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

How exactly do you hide them - my spouse would not like
    JoAnne Wheeler

I had both of mine pierced before I came out and nobody said anything negative.
    I got things like...
    Oh, I see you got your ears pierced... 'Bout time.
    I see you are keeping up with the times.
    or
    You look good with earrings... Keep 'em clean.

I had a couple of odd looks by people that didn't know me, but what does that matter.

Once I came out, it's always danglies now. (Teehee)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donna43 View Post
    I would love to have my ears pierced/ one at a time but is there any way of discuising the holes while in guy mode as i have a couple of oldfashioned friends of many years has anybody any positive experience eg would foundation work?
    My understanding from previous posts is that you are supposed to wear your initial hoop or studs for a number of weeks -- the figure "six month" is what I recall from some posting. That doesn't mean you have to wear them all the time, but the closer you get to "take them off just before seeing the friends and put them back on right after", the better, I understand. I did read of one person who took their studs off while at work, but that is not recommended. If you pierce, you should be prepared to have people at work notice.

I'm considering getting mine pierced tomorrow (January 2). I worry a bit about what I'll say at work, but I would not be the only guy at work with pierced ears. I'm not sure if any of the guys will say anything -- it isn't a tough crowd, but it would be news and people probably wouldn't ignore it fore-ever. I might get a bit of ribbing one coffee-break, but I think it would be pretty much a non-issue after that provided I don't wear earrings that are too femme while at work. I expect, actually, that more women would comment on them. The tough part of that is that most of the women that I think might comment, are women that I think would be more or less accepting of my cross-dressing, leading to the tough part of not telling them much of the truth when they ask (I don't have trouble telling "strangers" that it's none of their business, but I don't like misleading "more or less friends".)

By now I must have a reputation at work for dressing a bit unusually: only a few people at work wear suits, so it's not that, but I'm one of the few who wear "interesting" clothes (not "snappy" or "fashionable", but I have, for example, worn a number of female tops, getting away with them with the principle of "If it's a guy wearing it, then I guess it must be a men's shirt that I just haven't seen sold anywhere." I'm the local non-conformist, I guess -- but being a known non-conformist is a bit different than being a known cross-dresser!

(Now, have I convince myself yet to to ahead with the ears? )

As I mentioned, I work for a fairly conservative company so I did not like the idea of wearing them to work. What I did was to get some clear nylon line (heavy gage fishing line), cut it about 1/4 inch, soften one end with a flame, and the tamped the one end flat. More or less, this created an almost invisible stud that was very unobtrusive. Note that I said "unobtrusive", not invisible - this would not be a way to hide them from your wife. I've heard that these days you can by something like this off the shelf

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tess-leigh View Post
    My understanding from previous posts is that you are supposed to wear your initial hoop or studs for a number of weeks -- the figure "six month" is what I recall from some posting.
    Just to clarify, it's six to eight weeks before you can take the initial piercing out AT ALL. Well you can, but you risk the holes closing. You also have to clean them twice a day to avoid infection. If you're serious about getting your ear(s) pierced, there's no way to avoid this.

The first six months, you are only supposed to wear "post style" earrings, at least that's what the literature that came with mine told me. After six weeks you can wear any earrings you want, as long as they are posts.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

You have to let the piercing heal. That means that the way through the ear not just on the outside. Using a wire on a not well healer piercing would do severe damage to the ear.
    I had both mine done and even my uncle who teased me about my long hair as a kid and going to get me a dress, didn't say anything about them. I plan on getting them repierced in Feb when I get back to the tattoo shop.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I got them both peirced at the same time. It is knoun at work that I am a bellydancer and not much was ever said. My dad commented about me being gay, a lot he knows LOL.

HUGS Sandra

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Any reason not to get my ears done at the local Claire's ?

joann426

whats the problem i did my own ears and it didnt hurtat all both of them stainles steel baby pin and it works well had myne for 10 years now go for it

I had my ears pierced at Claire's on December 10 so I've just past three weeks. I wanted them to use the 3 mm gold balls but they said they were for babies. A few people have noticed my earrings (4 mm gold balls) but no one has commented negatively. In fact, several GGs have thought it 'cool.' I wish I had done it long ago!

My directions are to wear the earrings that they pierced my ears with for 6 weeks; rinsing with disinfectant twice a day. Also, post style earrings should be worn for the first six months. I have taken one out to remove some thread that was caught around the post but I had no difficulty reinserting the earring. I can't wait until I can wear some danglie earrings or some large hoops.

DON'T WAIT--GET IT DONE!

I would not worry about pierced ears in male mode it is no big deal anymore. I have 4 in my ears and have something in them all the time now and never had anyone say something... go and get it done if it makes you feel good

I'm a 57 year old truck driver and I had my ears pierced the same time I had my nipples pierced.I also dress 24/7 and I was mildly surprised by the lack of "hostile"reactions I have received.
    Consider this,at our age life is to short to worry about what other people think.I have been dressing on the sly for 42 years before I decided to live the way I wanted to.My
    wife has been more then supportive which made things a whole lot easier.
    My suggestion would be for you to be who you want to be and do whatever you are comfortable with.

Silver Member
    Donna, just go ahead and get your ears pierced! No one is is even going to notice. I am 60 years old and had my ears pierced three months ago. No body has made a comment on my pierced ears yet. Don't worry about trying to hide it! No body will even notice it. If someone does ask you about it just say you want to to keep up with the latest fashion trends. This is not a big deal anymore, lots of guys have thier ears pierced these days. Just do it! You will not regret it.
    Last edited by CD Susan; 01-11-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Got mine done over a year ago both at the same time. Got a bit of ribbing at work but nothing big. So just do it hun.
    Angie

Honestly I never have really noticed other mens ears before. I think its women you have to worry about, they seam to notice everything.

Just get them both pierced and don't worry about it. A few people may ask, but as others have said, in this day and age, it is quite common for a man to have pierced ears. As to disguising them, I say don't worry about that either.
    About four years ago, I had both pierced. There was no way to disguise that fact. I just went for it. No problems--I work in a fairly conservative atmosphere too.
    Good luck.
    warmly, Linnea

I got mine done 5 weeks ago. I don't regret it at all but everyone at work did notice. Very few have said anything. It is not what they think that matters. It is what you think and feel that matters. It's no big deal today. My studs where gold in color and had a big fake dimond in the middle. I work in a paper mill in the sticks of Maine. I have managed. You can too. So just do it. I don't think you will regret it at all.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

It has become more common now than ever for men to wear them in both ears. Just pay attention this week as you go about things. Many professional athletes have both done now. I had my first done in 1986 and many people then through fits. My dad, and my boss gave me a hard time. I am not sure which one hated it the most. My dad was very mean, my boss just wanted me never to wear it to work. I was not willing to take the risk to let the hole close so soon after having it done. So I wore it, but if I knew he was going to be in town I would take it off and place it in my desk. I am going to get the other one done next week.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I see this over and over and just don't get it. Today, no one in the world cares about men having their ears pierced. I work for a conservative company and they couldn't have cared less. Just suck it up and do it - you will be very happy! :-)

You can get them pierced and buy several styles of earrings. 1 pair as something guys would wear, and then the rest in girl's styles.