Thread: Costume Curiosity

Androgenius

Costume Curiosity

Hello all,

I've enjoyed dressing in standard women's attire my whole life, depending on what is available to me at the time. While I've loved wearing dresses, skirts, blouses, stockings, lingerie, etc., my real fantasy still has gone unfulfilled. I've always preferred dressing in clothing which exhibits an overwhelming femininity, and to me, the pinnacle of feminine exoticism is the harem girl. You know the iconic image, refined by old pin-up art and early Hollywood: the temptress clad in a veil, belly-baring top adorned with sheer sleeves and fringe, diaphonous-legged harem pants, all manner of lovely scarves in deep, seductive colors, bejewelled navel... lounging about on large silk pillows... sorry, I forgot myself. Anyway, that's my obession (as illustrated by my screen name over there). I've scoured some sites for ideas, and have wondered about piecing together a cute little number from bellydancing costumers.

So I'm curious... has anyone else here ever felt compelled to dress up like a harem girl (or does anyone else regard Barbara Eden as a fashion plate?)? Have I somehow overlooked a faction of 'sissy harem girls?' Am I alone here?! Tangentially, does anyone enjoy dressing up in a particular sort of costume (besides the obvious French Maid, which appears to be, I'm happy to learn, collectively adored)?

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Belly Dance!

Absolutely!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Ava, you are a truly remarkable woman!

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Ava, you have my ardent admiration.

Odalisque23, I also think Barbara Eden made a very attractive genie. I often dreamed of Jeannie when I was growing up.
    Warm Regards,
    Elysia

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Mouse
    Absolutely!
    I hate you

Costumes are always fun! We have a number of threads about this (nurses, cheerleaders, maids, etc...) and I find it very exciting. BTW Ava, very, very nice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    I hate you
    so you do have a bitchy side....

I'll have to vote again.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    so you do have a bitchy side....

I'll have to vote again.
    Do I have to sick Akyra on you again?

Smile Omg

Ms Mouse look at you arrrggghhhhh Im not worthy, Im not worthy!!!!!

Depent what you mean!

First off, Ava you look soooo beautyful as our little Belly Dancer. And for the Rose in your mouth? Did you get it thrown to you by a Spanish Matadore?
    To the Costume Tread, it depent what you mean. I like historic Fashion like corsets, hoopskirts pettycoats and so on. its not just the fashion but its a time were woman are real feminin.
    But I do agree with you, a belly dancing woman who slowly sheds one veil after an other is a great turn on. B.T.W. do you read GOR Books? A lot of Belly and Veil dancing there in the Tavern.
    Love from Norbie
    TRUE FEMININE = TOTAL WOMAN!

Smile

Ava mouse, you look great, but i can' help but sence a hint of jealosey. ( bloody spelling) So, triston cox, can you do better then girl. I think triston can easly look better. Why not have a girl of the month, some one who we are not worthy to? come on tris, get a photo up that can better Ava, because see looks great. love sophieuk. ha he

Costumes I adore!

Hi girls!

I have three costume themes that I have put together - the school girl with short pleated skirt, cheerleader, and 50's girl with crinolines under the full circle skirts (poodle skirts). Each one gives me a turn-on, and I find it hard to choose a favorite. It took some time, but I gathered together the necessary items for each to complete the image. But I truly get transformed when I get into each one of them. It's always good to have one or two themes ready for Halloween or a costume party.

Hugs and kisses to all,
    Peggy Sue :flirt: :flirt:

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by sophieuk
    Ava mouse, you look great, but i can' help but sence a hint of jealosey. ( bloody spelling) So, triston cox, can you do better then girl. I think triston can easly look better. Why not have a girl of the month, some one who we are not worthy to? come on tris, get a photo up that can better Ava, because see looks great. love sophieuk. ha he
    I admit when I am beat, and I have nothing to compare anyhow(you have seen the best I have), hence why I hate her. But she knows I really love her

Great pictures, you look wonderful !

Ava - you look amazing. Did you buy that costume or make it?

I love the Jeannie look, too... although I think I'm mostly just obsessed with the idea of living in a genie bottle. hee hee

- Misty

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Smile Belly Dance Costume

Well, Tristen could get mad at me for thread hijacking, but it did answer the question, didn't it? I didn't intend to hijack it, but a picture is worth a thousand posts...? hmmm...

I bought it years ago, here in Seattle for about $150 for everything, bracelets, earrings, etc., an impulse buy, but it was way too big, I had to resew the clasps tighter. So, I didn't wear it as much as I would have liked. It's heavenly to wear, and noisy with the ankle and bicep bracelets. The rose was just a prop, seemed like a fun thing to do. If you look closely, you can see the breast form seams there, which I smoothed a bit with photoshop, but they're the wrong color... The tiarra was from Claire's.

Anyway, I gave it away last month at Esprit to a GG who loved it. Eventually, I'll find one that fits better...

Lot's of resources out there on the web on making your own belly dance costume. It's basically a HEAVILY decorated wrap skirt and bra. They often stiffen the bra cup, I think this is to not distract from the belly movements. I know NOTHING about belly dancing, but maybe I'll get a training video one day...

Lately, however, I prefer Saree's and Indian fashions... http://www.seasonsindia.com/eCom/sz_sea.jsp

PS Tristen, you can always ban me from posting pics....
    Last edited by Ava Mouse; 06-11-2005 at 12:59 PM.
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Ava !

Ava, you are a true diamond among the coal ( me). You just seem to pull of such a sweet look. But, i bet you could pull off any look. Come on, where is the S & M photos dear, ha ha love sophieuk

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

Arrow

Absolutely!
    I have got to do a road trip to Seattle very soon !!!!
    "I reject your reality and sustitute my own!" Mythbusters

"I don't make the waves, I just ride them."

Price not fair!

Hi all,
    I looked at Ava's Indian Fashion, this are georgious Photos. But please be careful, My Elizabeth is a Singapore Indian and you get Saree Material for S$ 25.00. And the blouse is not to hard to for sewing. So be careful what you pay.
    Also have you worn a Saree jet, Ava? How beautyful it looks as you realy kick all the folds in front of you. Also with your dark complexion and Hair a Chinese Chong Sum would fit you just great.... Sorry just dreaming.....
    But I defently have to go with Peggy Sue, Yes 50 Fashion and Pettycoat makes a true Feminie Apperiance.
    Maybe this time will come back?
    The new Fashion got the Waist back so we going in the right direction.
    Love to all from Norbie
    TRUE FEMININE = TOTAL WOMAN!

Ava omg is that hot. Love costumes, maid, cheerleader, belle of the ball etc.

AbbyLee

Tristen Cox
    PS Tristen, you can always ban me from posting pics....
    Nope not going to happen, I'll just have to deal with the hijacks