Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age Limit?

Age Limit?

Hi-I have to ask a question that might offend some people, but isn't meant to. The situation is this: I don't cross-dress & be as feminine as I can for the fun of it-I do it to appear sexy & desirable to a certain type of person. (I think you know what I mean-I'm sure there are other people here with that orientation). My question is-at what age should people like me realize that we are too old to be trying to attract people? What I mean is, with attractive women, there is a sort of age-limit, on one side of which they are "hot and sexy" and on the other side of which, they are "attractive for her age" (or something), meaning "nobody wants her now." I know that most of you guys AREN'T attracted to CDs yourself, but surely some of you have been around enough to have an opinion. So, to rephrase the question: for a CD/TGirl like myself, with my orientation, who is now thirty-something (& looks it), fairly attractive (not gorgeous by any means, but I am petite, slender and feminine, on a good day), at what age should I say to myself-"Give this up, nobody wants you now"-? Late thirties? Forty? Forty-five? What do you think?
    This question is very important to me, because I haven't had much experience, and I don't know anybody I can ask. And I really, really love the thought of being a "sought-after CD/TGirl," but still-don't want to make a fool of myself. Thank you for any response. Paige Philips.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar

Age 69...

I am 69 and still trying to look like I feel;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JoanAz

All depends on what age group you want to be saught by, in my humble opinion. If your 35 and want to be atractive to 25 year olds that's good but if your 55 that's a stretch... On the other hand if your 45 and want to atract 55 year olds!!! Personally I'd say I'm never too old to not attrace someone!! They may be 75 and I may be 65........ But so what!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If you can pull off the look, like Joan, then age shouldn't matter. Dress how you want.

If it's not working, then you can try toning it down. Some people get scared off by certain looks, while others get turned on.
    DonnaT

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I don't think age is important.We all change as we get older.For myself I would still crossdress if I was in a nursing home.It only seems to get better the older I am. LOL Geri

Paige, as long as you're not trying for too big of an age difference, I'd say you can dress to "attract" until they put you in "The Final Box"

P.S. JoanAZ
    Have you thought about working in a cardiac care unit? You made this old persons heart feel good. Beautiful picture
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

i always think of myself as younger when i am dressed

Just as with anything you do in life, your motives change over time. Men or women, when we're young, we often dress to attract others. When we're older, we often dress to please ourselves or our significant others. In my case, my motive behind my choice of wardrobe is that I want to appear pretty, feminine, and perhaps somewhat sophisticated. When I was younger, I sometimes went in for a sexier look. I never stopped dressing, and my desire to dress never went away. I just changed in my choice of attire.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Just as with anything you do in life, your motives change over time. Men or women, when we're young, we often dress to attract others. When we're older, we often dress to please ourselves or our significant others. In my case, my motive behind my choice of wardrobe is that I want to appear pretty, feminine, and perhaps somewhat sophisticated. When I was younger, I sometimes went in for a sexier look. I never stopped dressing, and my desire to dress never went away. I just changed in my choice of attire.

I agree with Marla, I dress to please myself and come off as an attractive middle-aged woman. I'm not out there to attract men, it's not my cup of tea. I just to look feminine and sophisticated.

Huggs, Renee

It all depends on your purpose and point for doing it Paige.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

it's not about look or how thin we should be or age . it's about the essence of the person. as for dressing i like to dress for comfort . if guys like what they see then I'm doing it right the thing is I'm not attracted to men but it's good to know some guys like what they see . too bad the women don't.
    guess I'm not bad for 48 3/4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    it's not about look or how thin we should be ..........
    What??? You mean I'm on thus ube-post holiday diet for nothing??? Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    " ...they are "attractive for her age" (or something), meaning "nobody wants her now."
    Hey Paige!

You never heard of us 'cougars'?

I don't even understand why your thinking like this at your age. If you think 30's -40's is old I'd hate to see how your going to feel at 50 and up.
    I've seen some 60's y/o cd's here that give 20's y/o cd's a good run for their money still on looks

I personally wouldn't waste my time worring about this, but if your going to then at least make the best of times now for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige Philips View Post
    What I mean is, with attractive women, there is a sort of age-limit, on one side of which they are "hot and sexy" and on the other side of which, they are "attractive for her age" (or something), meaning "nobody wants her now."
    You think?

I'm sad for you..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    What??? You mean I'm on thus ube-post holiday diet for nothing??? Lol
    nothing wrong with getting healthy... hell i might give it a go. once i get my thighs unstuck out of this computer chair...

now back to the original post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I never really thought about if i was dressing up to attract some men,i really just dress because deep inside i feel like i was suppose to be a female and i happen to attract someone of the opposite sex at my age,well it makes me feel good.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

What's age got to do with it ?

As Tina Turner might sing (by a play on words) what has age got to do with it ? I'm probably youth challenged (old) compaired to a lot of you and I feel like I'm getting better expressing myself as a CDer. Age is a part of life - I hope that if I reach a 100 that I'll still be CDing in the nursing home !

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Banned Read only
    Age doesn't come into question, appearance does.

Ask several people, and you will know the answer. Preferably ask strangers, because friends tend to lie

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess_cd32 View Post
    I don't even understand why your thinking like this at your age. If you think 30's -40's is old I'd hate to see how your going to feel at 50 and up.
    I've seen some 60's y/o cd's here that give 20's y/o cd's a good run for their money still on looks

I personally wouldn't waste my time worring about this, but if your going to then at least make the best of times now for yourself.
    I couldn't have said it any better than this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    All depends on what age group you want to be saught by, in my humble opinion. If your 35 and want to be atractive to 25 year olds that's good but if your 55 that's a stretch... On the other hand if your 45 and want to atract 55 year olds!!! Personally I'd say I'm never too old to not attrace someone!! They may be 75 and I may be 65........ But so what!! Lol.
    Don't worry Karren - if you ever get really desparate I'm here for you!

I'm 61 fat and ugly. On New Years some guy still tried to pick me up, I guess when you've got it, you've got it.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Paige, "age is a state of mind!"

Yours, AND theirs!, ( The ones u want to attract!)

I don't dress to attract anyone. Probably NEVER did that very well!

But, I'm in my 60's, and was out with a GG on New Years, who was making me feel like a teen again!

If u have confidence in yourself, age doesn't seem to matter too much!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    What matters is how much they have had to drink.

sacha jay
    hi paige i have a male friend as a friend only who takes me out for lunchs and long talks because i attract him as sacha and sacha is the only person he can talk with re his age and cd questions he is 65 years young and i am 50 now but i do not look my age and have allways looked feminine as sacha i find that as you get older you have to try a little harder dress for your age and any way the young men love a well kept older lady SO paige CHIN UP BE HAPPY FOR WHO YOU ARE AND GO FOR IT please take it from meIT WILL WORK OUT FOR YOU ANY TIME YOU WANT TO TALK IM HERE ok sacha jay