Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing in Church

Dressing in Church

Have any of you dressed for and is a member of a church?

If so what did they have to say about your other self?

how did the rest of the congregation take it?

I remember reading about one from this forum being baptized as her other half. I've always felt that was a bit courageous.

Yes but...

I have dressed several times and attended church but it was not a church where I am a regular member. I must say that I truly enjoyed attending church as Kim.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I used to go to a gay Catholic service, though they had to hold their services and a Lutheran church, but still it was fun wearing my nicer dresses and suits, they folks were wonderful...I also hear the Dallas MCC church group is a great place as well

Quote Originally Posted by wannabie View Post
    Have any of you dressed for and is a member of a church?
    If so what did they have to say about your other self?

well nothing because it is an affirming church . in other words they accept any from the GLBTQ .. and treat me as any other woman.

how did the rest of the congregation take it?

everyone as been just fine.. in fact there are other members there from this forum too...

I remember reading about one from this forum being baptized as her other half. I've always felt that was a bit courageous.

well that would be me . and as i went full time i thought why not. the minister was all for it. and he truly understand us .
    there were 3 others out at church today.
    here are some pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My only problem with dressing and going to church is the going to church part.
    Angie

I would not be allowed on the grounds, if i tried to walk in dressed, as a lady, but in drab, would be welcome. I am not attending at this time, for several personal reasons, besides cding. I have several friends there, and agree with it in most things, because it may disagree with the world, but not condemn people.

Hi, girls,

I attend church (Unitarian-Universalist) only as Stephanie. I wanted to find a place where I would only be known as Stephanie and not as Steve. It is quite nice to participate and be accepted as a woman, though I did introduce myself as a TG person. Only two friends there know me as Steve and they don't attend regularly.

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

got dressed and drove by a few churches to scared to go in

Aspiring Member
    I was visiting in Boston a couple of years ago and went to a MCC church there with some of my Friends as Denise.

I was welcomed very much, and every one there was quite accepting. and i enjoyed so much being able to go to Church as the real me

Denise

The Catholic church would definitely frown upon going crossdressed. Remember, you'll burn in hell ... well, for just about anything actually. And to think- I actually used to be an altar boy...

Underdressed in church

About as far as I have gone is underdressing in church
    JoAnne Wheeler

I am a member of the MCC chruch here in Amarillo, I attend service very regularly, I participate in the services, I am being concidered for a board member position and yes I am a member. I got married in this church this past June.

I am Sandra to the congregation, even on work days.

The fact is since I begin attending as myself I have become closer to my beleifs, a renewed faith. I am thankful for my church family.

HUGS Sandra

I would have thought that churches must be among the safest and potentially most welcoming places to go. If you are a church-goer then I would definitley hunt arround for a progressive chuch and make attendance a cornerstone of appearing in public enfemme. So long as you are respectful you are bound to find a lot of support.

I have been attending and singing in the choir of a Episcopal church here in Muskogee for the last two years. Basically what they have said about my attire is: nothing. They believe in accepting people as God made them. I don't attend as an "other self", I told them all my name is Bill and that's what they call me.

Before this I was a member of a Unity church in Lawrence, Kansas.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    One day I would love to show up in my Sunday best.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    My only problem with dressing and going to church is the going to church part.
    Angie
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm a elder in a very conservative church, one that does not permit women to be clergymen or elders. Of course, I always underdress in bra and panties when I have to conduct part of the service. Ha ha.

Even in churches such as mine I can't imagine there should be anything wrong with attending en femme. There's nothing sinful about it. Of course there are always a few trouble-makers who believe that anything they don't like is a sin, but they can be dealt with. If you feel like there might be a problem, you could always speak to an elder about it. You might be surprised at what he says!
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Gone many times

I have gone to Catholic mass on numerous occasions without a problem. For me, the overwhelming reason to do so was to pray to God to help me understand why he made me the way he did. I am comfortable with who I am but now am searching for the purpose behind God making me this way. That is, what is God's mission for me as a CD?

The "good" thing about the Catholic church is that Mass doesn't present many situations where there is interaction between the attendees. I had one basic rule when going dressed. If I was a distraction, I would leave and go to a later mass. This happened twice. Once, a bunch of teenagers read me and kept turning around to look at me. I felt I wasn't there to keep them from worshiping. So I was gone ASAP. This rule meant that I typically sat towards the back and off to the side. Now I did get a few people checking me out as I walked back from communion but it was generally men and I know I check out the ladies when they walk back to their seat. So I don't know if this was the "normal" checking or if I was being read. Through a couple of years of going dressed, no one ever said anything including the priest as I was leaving. I have attended probably 7 to 10 different churches a total of 30-40 times over the years without incident.
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

I would REALLY LOVE to go to a church and see what The Holy crowed thought of Lil'Ol Me..
    I acctually might try it as my First time out.. I MIGHT Be Accepted Maybe!!!!
    Katie

Eileen attends church fairly regularly, without incident. On one occasion a young teen age boy gave me his seat. Once, I did ask a Priest, I know, if it was okay to atten mass and he said certainly.

Eileen

I once went to a Catholic Church (other than my own at the time) and was appropriately dressed for a woman of my age. However, I got made by some middle-aged burly man who kept staring at me and giving me dirty looks. Boy did I feel I was going to be a victim of a hate crime for sure. He was in front of me and kept turning around like he was going to jump on me an kick my you know what. A few times he started to stand up and his wife was holding him down.
    I became real scared and quietly left in the back and ran to my car and drove off ripping off my wig, earrings, forms and taking napkins to wipe my makeup off my face. That was about 12 years ago and only went out one more time since then. It was a great experience but I decided to end my going out primarily for what happened or almost happened at church

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cindym5_04 View Post
    The Catholic church would definitely frown upon going crossdressed. Remember, you'll burn in hell ... well, for just about anything actually. And to think- I actually used to be an altar boy...
    Actually, no. The Catholic Church has no teaching about crossdressing one way or another. It is not at all mentioned in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which I own the latest revision, or any other document that I have referenced. A priest also told me that it is not a sin. However, if crossdressing leads a Catholic to a sin, then it would be a sin. For example, dating men while crossdressed could be a problem while just having dinner out while crossdressed would not.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

We also have a JMCC in Indianapolis that I go to on an every other week basis. I am not the only dresser there. At least 2 others show up at the same service. We know each other as we are all members of IXE.

The second service has others of us but I do not know any of them. None of us have any problems and participate fully.
    You want to wear a WHAT??

Uh, I'm a Baptist, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Eileen attends church fairly regularly, without incident. On one occasion a young teen age boy gave me his seat. Once, I did ask a Priest, I know, if it was okay to atten mass and he said certainly.

Eileen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post
    I have dressed several times and attended church but it was not a church where I am a regular member. I must say that I truly enjoyed attending church as Kim.
    Do you think that you like attending church as enfemme because your feminine side is more spiritual?

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Oh Boo!!! what is that supposed to mean?
    Last edited by wannabie; 01-07-2009 at 05:29 PM.