Thread: Moments which transcend being TG

Moments which transcend being TG

In the last couple years, I have experienced several moments which have completely transcended the TG experience. My self-awareness in these times was not that of being transgendered but rather, I was a woman.

A recent quote from a member in one of my other threads...

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Bellejambes View Post
    ...and O your moment of peace in a Target ... you cannot buy that with money.
    This made me think (and agree), these moments cannot be bought. You can't plan them, they just happen. And when they do the feeling is beyond magical. Here are a few that I have experienced recently.

• The moment referenced in the quote above, being in a rather mundane place such as Target and having the feeling of absolute blendability, supported by a complete lack of notice by anyone around me.
    • Leaving a restaurant near midnight after dinner with a dear transitioning friend of mine, feeling the mist of rain and holding my hands out wide and turning in a couple circles in sheer delight of my being.
    • On a beautiful clear day in Los Angeles, making a left turn from Sunset Blvd. onto La Cienega, heading towards Beverly Center, seeing the city from the top of this hill before me and feeling as if the world was this girl's oyster.
    • Leaving a mall at closing time, dark outside but the light behind me casting my shadow in a feminine sillouette.
    • Last December, on the way home from a Christmas party, seeing the girl in the rearview mirror and being reduced to tears as that is all I saw, a girl.

I'm sure there have been a few others but these are ones which have left lasting impressions. Has anyone else experienced something similar too?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I feel that way sometimes - I don't know why, but it sure feels good
    JoAnne Wheeler

Funny.... I can't remember a single thing....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Karren needs to wear a blond wig !

Sara,

You captured the essence of it . This is why we crossdress ( at least it's why I do it.) We want to affirm our feminine selfs and do things to feel like a girl. We obsess over little things that affirm our girliness where as most GG's would roll there eyes up about, or take it for granted.

You had me tearing up thinking about it.

Hugs, Mindy

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    C'mon Karren, I expected something about one of those magical experiences at a clearance rack or something!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Very well-stated, Sara. Lovely! I have experienced all of those! Just not in LA!

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

I wonder if those feelings are exclusively for the transgendered or wether GGs have the very same experiences! I sometimes feel, when looking out of my eyes with no mirrior or reflection staring back at me, that I am female! It's a strange but wonderful feeling!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsy View Post
    I wonder if those feelings are exclusively for the transgendered or wether GGs have the very same experiences! I sometimes feel, when looking out of my eyes with no mirrior or reflection staring back at me, that I am female! It's a strange but wonderful feeling!!

Kelsy
    I seriously doubt gg's would have the same experiences, they don't awake every morning questioning their gender. You can make the same analogy from a guy's perspective. I have never had a feeling even remotely close to what I described in guy mode. It seems to be something unique to the tg experience.

Quote Originally Posted by immindy View Post
    Sara,

You captured the essence of it . This is why we crossdress ( at least it's why I do it.) We want to affirm our feminine selfs and do things to feel like a girl. We obsess over little things that affirm our girliness where as most GG's would roll there eyes up about, or take it for granted.

You had me tearing up thinking about it.

Hugs, Mindy
    I'm glad you were moved by my post. But I have to say, echoing what I mentioned above, there is nothing here to suggest gg's take for granted any of this. It's simply not part of their world.

And to clarify, my point of view is about being, not so much dressing. Yes, my presentation during these times was female, yet that was simply a byproduct of being true to myself and puting myself out there to experience life as perhaps it should have been.