Thread: Social Paradox

Question Social Paradox

We want to be more like girls, right? Maybe the most important part of being feminine to GGs is being in touch with a network of friends.
    So do you find that CDing enhances your social network, or does it just push you into isolation, away from human interaction?

good question - have a large and expanding circle of supportive friends both RGs and crossdressers. I have always believed that when dressed I should be out and about in the community and do so whenever possible

mitch

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Both. My network of friends who don't know about my CDing has shrunk significantly from lack of upkeep in the last few months. But my network of TG friends is growing since I joined this forum and a support group.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I have a lot of female friends, one guy friend, and only know CDers here.

Mostly Harmless...
    I've always had hard time to make new friends. I barely have had any good male friend anyway, most of my friends are and are going to be female. Somehow I just cannot cope with males as well as I can with females.
    Most of my life I've only been satisfied by few friends(Real Life). Over the internet I've spend a lot more time with a lot more people I'd call friends. Sadly, most of these people live way too far from me, so it does not really make a difference for my actual real life.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

My network of friends has actually grown some as I've gotten back into playing hockey big time.. I don't really understand why it would? Like I would intentionally push male friends away because I crossdress and embrase female friends more? Friends are friends, no matter what clothing I wear.. ... In my humble opinion...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Really good observation - if by social contacts, you mean all of the sisters on this website, the we really do expand our social life, but if you don't mean that, then I believe that we are isolated
    JoAnne Wheeler

I would say that for a number of reasons Cding has pushed me into total isolation as far a social networking is concerned
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I have never had morwe than two or three close friends but in a past job, working in a bowling centre, there were a lot of GGs working there and I got on well with most of them. I was happier in that job probably more than any other and if it wasn't for the pay and unsociable hours, I would probably still be there.
    I have recently joined a local TG group and met some of them on new years eve and the were really friendly, so it looks like I may have made some more friends. I am going to meet some of them again on Friday so I can det to know them better and maybe arrange a shopping trip or something.
    living the dream

I've seen the process at work in me.... but this site, plus (moreso) joining up on Facebook (as my public male self) has really helped me feel part of a social network, and express my sociable side though face to face I'm often shy. And of course I am not going to retreat from old friendships for the sake of time dressing...
    More generally I have found subtle fem dressing a good way of going out, and staying comfortably dressed. It even seems to boost my social confidence somehow.....
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

I've been slowly sneaking out of the closet with once circle of friends in my life, and in respect to that, the reason I've been coming out to them is because I felt they would be supportive, and my goodness I couldn't ask for anything better for the most part. Do I feel like any of them have pulled away yet? Not to my knowledge. Heck, my GGfriends want to take me out shopping with them desperately! *rolls eyes*

As for meeting new friends, besides on places like here on the board, I've started going to a support group for TG folks, and have, you could say, befriended them as well. I know that there are several events in Massachusetts (as well as around the US) that allow TG/LBGT/etc folks to meetup and network. I'd say that's a great example of social construction if I've ever seen one!
    Last edited by Angel.Marie76; 01-12-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spellin

It depends on the person really. If one controls the CDing, friends are usually not a problem. If, on the other hand, the CDing controls us, it can lead to isolation.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    away

Definately enhances. I've got a whole new social group now. Actually two. One on-line and one in the real world.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/