Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are not Girls we are Gurls

We are not Girls we are Gurls

Hi Gurls how can you be a "girl" if you wasn't born as one so in Aussie we use the adopted term Gurl so you can wear Girls clothes but they go onto a Gurl so give me the comments

Learning, growing, living brookalicious's Avatar
    LOL... sometimes I can be whatever you want to call me.
    ~b~

Winning!

"Even a hunter cannot kill a bird which flies to him for refuge."
    Chiune Sugihara

I thought Aussie girls/gurls were 'Sheilas.'
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Nah, I'm all girl!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

girls = young children... get a grip and grow up!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Bet i'm a lot older than you so i have grown up so your a Gurl too & your a Grim Reaper
    Last edited by Ellen; 01-12-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    As much as I agree with you on this one, it's just a stupid silly thing that I don't make much a fuss over except in how I say on occasion: "I'm 41 years old, I'm no girl."

Don't let your frustations about other things leak over too much, I'm guilty of that on occasion dealing with my own issues.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Oh please, then let me rephrase that...I'm all woman.

Thanks for the insult. I might have ignored it under normal circumstances but this evening hasn't been a good one for me in tg land, not that you'd care. My reply to this tread was simply trying to make a polite point about my lack of fondness for the term "gurl".
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Oh please, then let me rephrase that...I'm all woman.
    Was that so hard?

Thanks for the insult.
    You're most welcome..
    I might have ignored it under normal circumstances but this evening hasn't been a good one for me in tg land, not that you'd care. My reply to this tread was simply trying to make a polite point about my lack of fondness for the term "gurl".
    Do you think you're the only person who has issues? Try having a daughter with severe post natal depression and wishes she was dead... then come back to me ok?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Was that so hard?

You're most welcome..Do you think you're the only person who has issues? Try having a daughter with severe post natal depression and wishes she was dead... then come back to me ok?
    With all due respect, Ms. Moderator, I've ignored your other rant because I'm not guilty of the behaviour you are complaining of. Yet you come into another thread with the same pissy attitude and spew venom where it's not warranted, nor welcome.

I'm truly sorry about your daughter, but that doesn't give even a moderator license to be hurtful.

Was that so hard?

You're most welcome..Do you think you're the only person who has issues? Try having a daughter with severe post natal depression and wishes she was dead... then come back to me ok?
    Depression sucks, whether suffered by a relative, by many transgendered folks or by myself personally. But that is no excuse for your current behavior on the boards and you, above all, should know that.

Take my advice, take a break from moderating for a while, then come back when things are better. Take time for yourself.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I agree with you completely Ellen and call myself a gurl because I never was and never can be a girl, but I think that some of the gurls prefer to be girls. It doesn't hurt anything.

Looking for Mr. Right Now TriciaO's Avatar
    So, what kind of smartass remark should I make to the women at work when they talk about their "Girls Night Out"?

Am I the only one who gets annoyed by all these fake labels?

Boi
    Womyn
    Gurl

Just be yourself.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I hate that word Gurl

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    With all due respect, Ms. Moderator, I've ignored your other rant because I'm not guilty of the behaviour you are complaining of. Yet you come into another thread with the same pissy attitude and spew venom where it's not warranted, nor welcome.

I'm truly sorry about your daughter, but that doesn't give even a moderator license to be hurtful.
    , I thought I was the only one who has noticed that

I'm just wondering one thing, if you are over 21 years old, are you a gurl or a wuman????? Hmmmm!!!BJ

Yes i am over 21 & uhh mmm uhh i am a wumannn na i aint i'm TheGurl

Silver Member
    Ellen, you can call yourself what ever you want but please do not refer to me as a "gurl". I am a crossdressing adult and do not ever think of myself as an immature girl or even boy for that matter!

I am not a girl or a gurl.....
    I am a gryl....or more precisely, a womyn.
    I am also a pyrson and a humyn bying.
    Please treat me as such.
    Thank you.

Jacqui

Labels are labels that are created by those who say them. I am a guy who enjoys dressing as a woman. When dressed, I prefer to be addressed as a present myself and I do not need any special labels to describe myself.

I agree with Stephanie!
    Dana Fleming

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    That is, in my mind, only half correct. While physically I am not a girl, soon I will be. As far as a "gurl" I guess I could be that for now.....although I thought it was just some odd internet term.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never liked labels.
    Tamara I know how that feels I had a wife that went thru that twice its not pretty.I understand completly.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-12-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

What's a "gurl" anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by NancyTO View Post
    I thought Aussie girls/gurls were 'Sheilas.'
    I think they prefer the term, " Shulas"!

With all do respect, Tamara, and in consideration that I'm probably older than the thread starter, some of my characters appear to be girls in their young teens!

Some of us aspire to look like women, some girls! Some of us try both!

I have NEVER aspired to look like a " gurl", tho!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!