Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photograph fear / more

I have a tragic story. My wife and I and her Gay friends went to a gay club in Boston. We ended up seeing someone. He was freaked. I went up to him and assured him it did not matter what he was doing there we, I did not care. My view of him has nothing to do with whom he is attracted to..

That said we noticed another one- This man full of BS. He offered a lame excuse of why he was there. No one asked why he was there. It was evident to me he was cruising. He noticed our mutual friend. He Blasted that so and so was gay etc. This guy is was a cop- This got so bad this man came inches of being successful in taking his life.

I was healthy. I came inches of beating the other man of his life.
    Some people for whatever disposition are comfortable in their closet. Some are not..

The guy I thought was cruising said he was ((following a suspect)) into the club----

The Man who almost took his life is no longer a cop- his life is still ruined self imposed-
    Last edited by Tashee; 01-15-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Yeah. It was a big worry of mine. May still be somewhat of a worry. But when I really think about it, I don't care anymore. Life is too short. What are they going to do anyways? If they want to fight, I'll fight...if they want to laugh, I'll laugh too,.....if they want to fire me, I'll get something else.........If they want to disown me..........goodbye.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Truly, as someone has pointed out, there is no knowing where your photo will end up.
    One of mine, not a scenic without persona, (ex Flickr) seems destined for Schmap's Glasgow edition.

Well, I dunno..........

~Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 01-18-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

It depends on how much your femme look resembles your drab self.

I showed a couple of friends pictures of Jennifer and they would not believe it was me so for myself I think the possibility of being discovered this way is remote.
    Jennifer Green
    PART TIME GURL

Silver Member
    JoAnne, your decision to post pictures of yourself while dressed on the internet is a personal one and only you can make this decision. Everyones circumstances are different so you have to examine yours to determine what the right thing to do is in your particular situation. I have pictures of myself posted here as well as many other places on the internet and it took me a long time to decide that this was what I really wanted to do. When I joined this site 9 months ago I was terrified of someone finding out about me. After two months of being a member here I began to lose that fear and decided I was ready to start posting pictures of myself. The factors that influenced this decision was (1) I am single and have no other people living with me to be concerned about. (2) All of my relatives allready know I am a cd. None of them have ever seen me dressed but they have known for 13 years since my ex-wife outed me to them during the divorce. (3) I retired a year ago so I do not have co-workers or an employer or job to be concerned with. (4) I have only a small circle of friends that do not know I cd and if they did find out and rejected me because of it I was prepared for that possibility. After thinking about all of this I decided to put up an avatar pic of myself as well as photo albums here as well as numerous other websites. In my situation I have very little to lose if I am "discovered" so I do not let it stop me from doing what I want. I realise your situation is different from mine and you have to do what is in your best interests. Good luck with your decision.

I don't think anyone would be able to recognize me from my picture as Lisa. Years ago I would attend major CD/TS conferences and I remember checking out and seeing friends in 'guy' mode and not even recognizing them. But that is my opinion and I suspect that others might recognize me---but then I'd ask why they were on the forum in the first place.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile As some have said,

I'm too old to care, my kids know, my ex knows, my coworkers know I dress femininely, so if they found the pictures of me, I would just be outed some more and I'd be freer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

I saw a picture of someone here, then I found the same picture on another site under a different name. That site also had a lot more of the same person so I belive that location is the real owner. The person here only had one picture posted and most likely borrowed it.

So if you are worried about your pictures showing up elsewhere or somebody else using them I would restrain from posting. That is why I don't.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    No, love, you've got it the wrong way round.

The more you get away with it, the bigger person you become.

You are what you do.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but I like it.

My avatar pic has been uploaded!

Some of these pics have your face so far back that it would be impossible to be recognized. Also, if you have editing software, you can crop part of your face out. I set my camera on auto to take photos in private. So there are lots of ways to post a pic of some sort. Try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    What can they do to me? I am old, I am at the age where I go to more funerals than weddings. I have lived up to "their" standards for the majority of my life and was not as happy as I could have been. I know it sounds morbid but dammit I deserve to be me for the rest of what life I have.

(rant mode off)
    I loved your reply, and I feel very much the same. But, you old? With those dazzling looks?!

Valerie

Aspiring Member
    if you are high profile and outing could hurt you i would be very cautious.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    why is anyone afraid of being seen in pix on THIS site while enfemme???????????

if anyone was to see "us" here they would have just as much to explain as "we" would,,,,,

Whilst in general I agree with nearly everybody who say that the person must have been a trifle odd to be lurking in any case, though that in itself opens up a discussion on why should n't they and why is it an argument for the defence? There is one particular activity that posting a picture in girl mode could wreak havoc and that is politics ~ the scope for destroying a person's career is enormous and the spin off from that frightening. Mind you there are a couple of fully transitioned girls in national politics, but in the public's mind that is a different situation.

Fi

A vaild concern...

As has been mentioned you can do things to significantly reduce risk.

-Only post in the photo gallery, members only. This means no self pic for the avatar.

-Anyone you know, we manages to recognize you is, most likely, on a crossdressing site. So they will probably, on some level, be just fine with CDing or looking to understand it.

I have had flikr, photobucket and, well almost thrown caution completly to the wind actually, and in 4 or so years nobody has said anything.

There isn't a "no risk" situation, so just post when/if you get comfortable with it.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

No avatar

I dread being recognized by anyone in the social or professional communities that I belong to. So my choice is to keep pictures off the web. So, like you so far, I have no avatar.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionax View Post
    Mind you there are a couple of fully transitioned girls in national politics,

One of them's been nominated for Secretary of State, I hear....

I couldn't believe I posted a pic on the boy v girl mode in the picture and video gallery here. If anything was going to bring me unstuck it would be that one.

As i stated there, if anyone sees this there's probably a skirt in their wardrobe too

Everyone has a different disposition.

There is so much I can say on this. Just not in public. But the world, some of it thinks a CD is a sicko child molester. There are some self proposed do gooders who peruse these pages and adult forum pages. There is some in the Law Enforcement who do the same thing. Here to make sure we are not dressing and having our way with 14 year olds.

I am not trying to upset any. But a large portion of the world thinks there is Something wrong with us.
    Some jobs still come with a Morals clause.This they would argue fits under that. Only after you must fight and its in the Papers TV etc- So who would walk away from 20 years a retirement. Pension. Health Benefits etc- I am sick now- What would I do?
    Go find a nice spot to die?

Photographs

Has anyone who is elgible to look at the photographs of our Sisters ever downloaded all those pictures ? I am still concerned over the privacy of our photographs - once they are OUT there

JoAnne Wheeler

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I have the same fear.It will be interesting to see the answers to your question.

Ivy
    Not yet for me, but if I did, I wouldn't share them with anyone. I did see a pic of a couple gals standing with a friend of mine I wanted to share with her, but she already had it.

Another thing I keep in mind when making friends online - if someone is willing to share pics of other people with me, they'd probably share mine too.

I am hoping that the members here respect the privacy of the forum and anything posted here stays here.

I have a few pictures on flickr as well as on here, so I know that that is a pot shot to be potentially used for downloads ... I shared the pictures with a friend of mine and he had no idea he was looking at me ... so I don't think I would be recognised even if someone I knew did come across my fem pics while surfing.

If your worried about security. Then don't post any. They will get downloaded.. I've found my pics spread all over the web.. Not that I care. With thousands of pics and movies out there! And site can change their policies too.. Tutorial videos I made what only members with 800 posts could see on one forum.. I figured were safe from the casual viewer until they changed their policy and now anyone can see them.. Again I don't really care but if you do then I'd think it out carefully..
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-26-2009 at 12:23 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    I can understand where you are coming from but my belief is what are they doing on a site like this to start with unless they are interested in this lifestyle also.
    I would post but at this time I don't have a digital camera, for one it isn't high on my list to get one.
    About the time I decide to start looking for one I usually see an outfit or dress that I like and buy it instead.