Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photograph fear / more

had a chat with Debs a minute a go and she is okay with my Pic being on here and she had thought about it before but had said nothing because she is not worried if someone does put 2 + 2 tog and come up with 4
    Last edited by Sheila; 01-14-2009 at 05:51 PM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    wow, now u got me thinking hun, I put my pic on here after M & I split, never took it down, or gave it another thought when Debs and I got tog ..... so if anybody see's me out with Debs on male mode, they could put 2 +2 tog & come up with 4 .... will have a chat with her about it with her later and see how she feels about it, and let you all know. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    had a chat with Debs a minute a go and she is okay with my Pic being on here and she had thought about it before but had said nothing because she is not worried if someone does put 2 + 2 tog and come up with 4
    Bovvered??....Do i look bovvered??....Face....Bovverred??....Nope, i ain,t bovvered!!!!

If anyone does happen to to put 2+2 together and make 4 i,ll ask em one simple question?

Do you think my bum looks big in my pics?

I am abit scared that someone I know might find my photos, but I feel
    I look so different in malemode that I am hard to recognise from the Monikaphotos so I`ll take the chance.
    Been close to posting my guyphoto on here as well, but That is really a risk I think

You have to use your feminine instinct and be comfortable with what you are doing. As you can see, in most public posts I use sunglasses (they are so glam, anyway) or turn my head. There are always those who may discover something and for whatever reason they were on the site, use it for illgotten gain, or as a way to get to you. Stay in your comfort zone honey, you will sleep better at night!

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

It is not the doing that is difficult...

My first pic - more about that elsewhere - was not difficult to post. Pressing the button was not hard and once it was done, well the pic was out and if I recalled it one minute later, well the damage - whatever that could have been - might have been done in that first minute.
    No, the difficult bit was making up my mind to press the button. That was sort of scary fun.

~Sam
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Personally, I couldn't care less.. All the people who are important too me know I'm female half the time, so if they see a pic of me online looking hot, fantastic.. if anyone else does, and says something to me, i tell them the truth!!

Be yourself, that's what i say.. you'll feel much better!

When Life Gives You Lemons, Throw them Back and Ask For Chocolate!!

One of these days I'll add a photo for the avatar. With enough make up, wig chances of being recognized are slim. How about wearing glasses, sunglasses?

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharleneT View Post
    It can be a legit concern for sure, especially if posted in the main forum ( which can be accessed by the general public). Pictures in the other forums, especially private ones, well a lot safer. Completely safe ? Nope, any member could download any image you see on here and spread it around some how. So, yes they could come back to haunt you in some way. BUT the haunt would be bad only if there is a way to "hold it against you". For many, that may not really be a concern. I think everyone should make their minds up and be as cautious as they feel they need to be. Do not let the fact that some of us show faces etc, push you towards doing the same thing - maybe it is not best for you.

C.
    NO

I have photo fear, fear of breaking the camera.

I would never post a before and after pic and the one in the avitar is rather old. Its a real concern but in my case it's been a few years and only other CD's or admirers have found me.

That happenned because they started putting together info from various posts or met me at an event ect, never from just the pic or profile. Also none were just surfing the web and saw the pic they had spent some time at the site and read a few posts ect.

You may want to take a look at your pics side by side and ask yourself how recognizable you are. Some of us are easier to recognize than others. In my case I dont pass but I hide rather well.

Or better yet take a pic and all the info you have posted, location, height weight age occupation ect and make a wanted poster. See how many people would fit the description.

Cari

They say once you post a picture on the internet its there forever. Oh well I don't care. I haven't posted a pic of myself yet because theres much work to be done. When I'm happy with my looks I'll post many pics.

Has anyone ever been outed by having their photograph posted on this site?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

i got a great idea for people who want to show photo but are afraid to do so, take photo of yourself wearing a mask

JoAnne,

My advice is to do what you're comfortable doing. If you don't want to post your face, don't post your face. I work in a fairly public profession, and I am not comfortable posting my face (I did once, but heavily photoshopped it, so it's unrecognizable).

If you want to maintain private, don't let other girls railroad you or peer-pressure you, as I've occasionally gotten.

Once you post it here, assume it can and might appear just about anywhere, given enough time.
    -Sedona

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    One Name ..... Barny Frank ... Just be yourself !
    And I'll bet you dollars to donuts Barney Frank isn't the only one who likes young boys, and is STILL in Congress. Lots of people in DC know it, too.

There are pictures of Rudy Giuliani dressed up like Marilyn Monroe. Didn't stop him from a run at president. I kinda doubt that was the only time....

Seems like the bigger of a personality you are, the more you can get away with. A lot of us would get fired and sued for keeping interns under our desks. But we all know who got away with it.

As for me, I'm a nobody. I can get my own work, or take my skills anywhere. Everyone I care about already knows, and there's just no way I can be damaged if anyone else finds out. It's a freedom all its own, really, and I believe there's a path to that for all of us.

In my male mode, I'm very muscular, and I have no quips or qualms about breaking someone in half the moment they try to blackmail or "cause me heartburn" about my femme half. Of course, that's my male persona, my dominant side talking. I need to "doll up" and be my femme side on occasion , but afterward, I truly enjoy being my male persona!
    Aaaahhhh, the FUN and joy of getting to be the girl I always WANTED to be, I love every minute of it!!!
    A chance to crossdress is a TERRIBLE thing to waste!!!

Hi Joanne

Don't worry, you're not alone in this and I think many of us have, or have had similar fears.
    I now post pictures of myself but I'm still moving towards the full face as well, so like you I haven't made the final plunge yet either.
    I think you will know when the time is right for you, and when that happens I'm sure there will be lots of positive comments.
    good luck

Susie xx.

I'm a bit afraid of this myself, hence why I've not posted pictures. I live in an extremely conservative area though, and am currently studying to become a teacher, so the risk of posting a photo for me may be somewhat higher than for most.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    I really love to see all the pictures that have been posted to this website -

BUT, do any of you FEAR that these photos will come back to haunt you ?
    For those of us in rather high profile occupations and being active in the community (not the CD community) I worry that someone who knows me will download my photos and tell others. I know that we have femme names and so forth, but it still may be possible to put two and two together.

I just thought I would ask and get some opinions before I post my own pictures of JoAnne - JoAnne is ready to post, but my male self is not so sure and fears exposure.

Love always,

JoAnne Wheeler

Yes yes and Yes Some of us are somebodies---And in a close minded world, I can take the BS. But my Aging old fashion parents. My career. My KIDS. The world is mean. That is why I thanks GOD for the tasteful ground Breakers whom make life for us EZ'er and more acceptable..

I knew a politician who liked to Dress-He had a great future- His enemies got to him-Showed him ALL his Pics---That was it--DONE--Granted they kept it silenced on the grounds he walks away..

My tech friend said tech will be out in some years and it will be able to track everything everyone does- Kinda like NO secrets then!! But of course you will have to buy the Anti software to keep your past gone and secret..As He said--Tashee this is where it is going.. This is the IT man at the Dept!!

Don't care who knows or sees me anymore, I have nothing to hide. In fact, I sent a picture of myself to my sister in law in Dublin, knowing full well that it will do the rounds in the family. Who cares? This is me, warts and all.

Me personally, I could care less at this stage of my life. If someone, tried to blackmail me with it, I would love to drag it out in court with a lawsuit. Hopefully they got lots of money though, since I didn't win the powerball..

But after 6 years in the Navy, I completely understand your concern. There are a lot of professions in the world where it would be a real issue.

I have loads of my pics on this site and others along with flickr and myspace. i don't think there is anyone left on the planet who might be shocked at seeing them ... as sure as my names isn't George W Bush (oops)

mitch

I suppose that a lot depends on how far "out" you are. If you're fully closeted or only stay in the house and don't want anyone finding out about you then it would be foolish to show photos showing your face. On the other hand if you're seen on the streets fully en feme regularly and many people know then what the heck who will care.
    Of course there are many degrees in between my examples if you think posting pics will harm you or others then don't post (leastways not showing your face).
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

I worried about this an awful lot for the first six months of being on the site,then I thought ,"if I improve my look enough,I won't be recognized quite that easy".So I used that as a sort of "incentive".However, if some one does identify me and react adversely,well we could all benefit from eliminating a little more hate from our lives.

I use my picture editing software to blur my face in pictures. I get so nervous, I hide things in the background of my pictures as well.

I just get paranoid, I don't know why, I just do.

As soon as I get better with makeup, then maybe I will post my face. I have taken pictures of my face close up in girl mode and I am way too reconizable.

I say let us see you. I love looking at the girls on here, it gives me inspiration to dress more and I love showing off all my outfits. I may be in the closet, but my clothes are too cute to be seen by just me.