Thread: How did you feel.....

How did you feel.....

... the first time you went out in public en femme? Mine was at SCC '08, I arrived a few days early, and I hadn't met anyone yet, and my "big sister" hadn't arrived yet, due to traffic and the distance she had to travel. I decided to take a "shot in the dark", and "dolled up" as best as I could. (My makeup probably looked like it was put on via an airplane propellor and a garden hose) I was SOOOO nervous as I walked up to a table full of people, and asked "are you with SCC?" They said "Yeah, why are you so nervous?" As soon as I told them that that was my FIRST ever venture into public en femme, they patted me on the back and congratulated me right and left!! I HAVE to say that SCC is one VERY supportive and mentoring group for ANY member of the TG spectrum!! My "big sister" arrived soon thereafter, and her mentoring began, with her telling me in no uncertain terms that I had JUST overcome the biggest hurdle!! Yes, SCC '08 was the BIGGEST episode of inner healing and acceptance that I have EVER experienced in my life!!
    Aaaahhhh, the FUN and joy of getting to be the girl I always WANTED to be, I love every minute of it!!!
    A chance to crossdress is a TERRIBLE thing to waste!!!

i just cant bring myself to go out dressed up, even going into my front yard is hard but it is thrilling to do

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    I felt nervous and paranoid my first time out en femme (which consisted of a drive to the gas station). After I got back home I felt relieved and excited about a more "daring" adventure the next time. Soon, I was having fun and feeling comfortable and confident. That is a good place to be -- I used to focus on if I could pass -- then I learned that, at least for myself, passing was not as important as feeling comfortable and confident (as well as enjoying every second!)

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    LOL Felt great !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

My first time out was Diva Las Vegas two and a half years ago and was an experience of a life time. Bit it was tempered with the impending break up
    with my girl friend and the beginning of some extreme money problems.

But for that moment I became who I always wanted to be!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Nerveous, scared, excited... all rolled into one!! Thought I was going to faint...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

First outing

I was petrified during my first outing in the night-time.

I was more petrified during my first day-time outing.

I am more confident now in the way i look, walk and dress en femme...........but to my suprise am not as confident as before when it comes to venturing out en femme, so.............it means that going out dressed is about confidence not how passable u r.

It felt like a ton of bricks was finally lifted off of my shoulders. I was very afraid to do it, but after I did, I'm glad I took that plunge.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but just what is SCC ?
    JoAnne Wheeler

I was scared the first time. I walked around the block in Manhattan. It was many times later that I walked into a store and it took me two trys to make it into the store. Now shopping, going out to eat, going to the movie and working are all a part of every day life. SCC is a tg convention in Atlanta. I have never been there, but by all accounts, it is a great event.

Eileen

Hey JoAnne, SCC stands for Southern Comfort Conference, held in Atlanta every year. 2008 was my first, as well as my first trip out in public en femme. At tha post-conference meeting, it was said that there were 825 attendees, mostly CD's. SCC reaches out to all of the TG spectrum, and it's a great source of nurturing and support, there were attendees from Europe and Australia, as well as South Africa and New Zealand! This year's is gonna be Sept. 22-27, and I'm gonna arrive a few days early, a lot of others do, and we dress up and have a ball, taking over the restaurants and the shopping mall across the street as well as the hotel, the Crown Plaza Ravinia. The website is www.sccatl.org , I highly reccomend it!
    Aaaahhhh, the FUN and joy of getting to be the girl I always WANTED to be, I love every minute of it!!!
    A chance to crossdress is a TERRIBLE thing to waste!!!

first time out was to a local shopping mall - busy and in broad daylight. the feeling - absolute terror but the buzz afterwards was amazing and i was hooked. now happy to go out dressed anywhere

mitch

Funny. I thought Southern Comfort was an adult beverage. AIM.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I cannot remember the very first time but I do remember the first time after a break of several years. I was sort of "shuggly", not quite "shaking scared".
    But I got out the door and into the hotel corridor, throat tight, swallowing hard and into the foyer, using the stairs.
    The mirror at the end of the corridor gave me courage to go down those stairs and I kept that picture in my mind as I passed the doorman and out.
    That very last bit was painless, but then there was the question - "Which way am I going ? Left or right ?"
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Nerveous, scared, excited... all rolled into one!! Thought I was going to faint...
    what Karren said..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    My first time out was New Years eve to a TG meeting at a local bar. It was so local that it is only ten minutes walk (fifteen in heels) from my home, so I decided to walk there en femme. I was so nervous, I was sure I was going to be read and someone would say something, but most people didn't seem to notice. When I got there I was still nervous for about half an hour until everyone arrived. All the girls I met were so friendly and supportive and I sson calmed down and enjoyed myself.
    There is another meeting tomorrow night and I can't wait. I don't think it will bother me if anyone says anything negative. I am going to have a good time, to hell with anyone else.
    living the dream

I could really go for some southern comfort right about now...(both types)

The first time I went out, I was very nervous. I was supose to meet a couple of gals from here at a local club. As the days got closer, I wasn't able to get a hold of them to make sure they were going. Then the day came, I got ready, still wasn't able to reach them, ......so despite my state of fear and nervousness, of possibly being by myself,,,,,,,I went anyways. It was the most thrilling experience to go out my door, get in my car and drive down to the club. I got there, and my friends happen to be there after all. After a short bit, I calmed down and the rest is history. I've been out 10 times since then, and it's easy as pie now. The only worrisome aspect still, is the initial leaving of my house with the fear of my neighbors seeing me. I am sure they have seen at least once ,,,but thought it was just my wife.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Nervous. And I had tunnel vision, so as to zone out anyone that migh be in my periphery.
    DonnaT

Its such a unique feeling being so scared and excited at the same time. I was shaking badly I tripped a couple times too..

Just A Girl Next Door
    It was pretty amazing - I was so excited, scared, terrified and exhilirated at the same time I couldn't stop smiling or stop my hands from shaking!

Here's the other scary thing. That was last June. I'd been dressing for years but never really made it out in public. Nowadays I have "girl days" a couple of times a month where I go out shopping & to eat, spending hours at a time as Jessica and going wherever I need to, even Petsmart! Once you get out there, you're going to want to get out there again and again.

I have to admit... IM JEALOUS Is it easier to go out in a group for the first time, or is it kind of a right of passage to throw on the heels a go for a stroll your by your self the first time?

Not to bad, cuz my wife trimed my eyebrows and thew on a hockey mask and I went as his mother to pick up a pizza. So it was a good experience. So since then, I really don't worry aboutany one else. I just carry a pistol, which is loaded. give me a bounch of stuff, and you might get shot....BJ

I went to a Yahoo TG group meeting. I was very nervous walking from the a member's house just out to the car. When we arrived at the TG friendly church's basement, where the meeting was being held, I was shaking so hard, 2 girls had to actually hold me. They told me to take a deep breath, relax, and know I was among friends. That was the hardest part, even harder than going to my first tg friendly restaurant, and gay bar later that night.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Karren pretty much sumed it up.
    My first TG group meeting I was scared but once inside all was fine.
    Walked in the door and someone said "hey a new T-girl" come on in sis and tell us who you are.It felt good to be accepted right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Shayne-Chan View Post
    i just cant bring myself to go out dressed up, even going into my front yard is hard but it is thrilling to do
    Yeah that, except I finish up before I hit the front door. One day I'll get there