Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slap ..... How Long ????

It takes me between 30-45 minutes to put on my makeup.When I first started it could take up to an hour and a half.Definite improvement

It takes me forever because each time i try, i'm still learning!

Always have different colour foundations, lippy, eyeshadows etc to try....

One day i will find the right combination and then i need to actually apply it correctly! Its a skill and i'm still a learner at applying makeup.

PS: why do American's call it slap? 'Applying makeup' is a better phrase to me!

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine Johnstone

Christine
    WE don't. Mand is a Brit

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine Johnstone
    It takes me forever because each time i try, i'm still learning!

Always have different colour foundations, lippy, eyeshadows etc to try....

One day i will find the right combination and then i need to actually apply it correctly! Its a skill and i'm still a learner at applying makeup.

Christine

I thought this thread had gone the way of the Dodo.

Christine slap (make up ) is great fun and trying different colours, shades, types is all part of the fun. I have to shave and completely re-do mine twice a day, everyday and yes sometimes I find it a chore but when finished I feel so much better. I maybe do tend to go a bit heavy with it but anything to make the guy look go away is worth it.

Do Americans call it slap? .................You know I'm not sure if they do or not?. I mostly call it that as a slang term, mind you I am as common as muck you know

love mand xxx

Quote Originally Posted by mand
    Do Americans call it slap? ... I mostly call it that as a slang term
    I have heard the expression "troweling it on" as an insult to women who use way too much makeup. Such as Tammy Faye Baker.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    I have heard the expression "troweling it on" as an insult to women who use way too much makeup. Such as Tammy Faye Baker.

Thats true Rahcel, I always tell people I used to be a bricklayer so I'm pretty handy with a trowel

love mand xxx

Around 20- 30 minutes, most of that time spent on eyeliner and mascara.

Hugs,

Melissa

I would guess about an hour in total, that includes mixing the Polyfilla and sanding down, only thing is cannot seem to smile.

Depends on what the preperation is for. To go clubbing about 2.5 to 3 hrs. Thats shave, beard cover, foundation,firming powder,brows,eyes,and blush for Krystals face. Dress and change again and maybe again. Then nails. Then nails again as I always seem to screw them up before they dry. Hugs Krystal.

It takes me about 1 hr. to 1 1\2 hrs. I don't get to do it nearly enough. that's with out nails.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

going out

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    40 min for a crap make up job, but that's all I know how to do with the little I have. To go out? Let you know if I ever get that far. Need lots more time before I get there. Practice...
    dont be bashful go out, after the first few times with friends for support I go out dressed all the time I just dont go to clubs bymyself yet but in due time I will the more you get out in public the easier it will be luv,kisses,hugs GEEGEE2

yup "slap" me -

- MakeUp,,,, Whats that? I just do like Granny taught my aunties, pinch My cheeks to get them "rosey", drink some cherry kool-aid and I'm good to go,, its all just naturel'
    (hehe,,,ok-I'll be the 1'st to say......LIAR !) answer = better and faster with practice , and I need more practice-- 15-30 mins or I'm just gettin' too fussy- oh,false eyelashes,, another thread-
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

there are days i can do it in less than a 1/2 hour then there are days some times it takes over a hour mostly i have proublems with foundations if its very humid xx

AshleyAshes
    I don't do makeup. I have no beard shaddow anyway and I look fine otherwise. Most effort I put into my apperance is using a blowdryer with a hairbrush to get my hair straight and smooth, it knots up badly if I just let it air dry.

Other than that, I just pull on a pair of jeans, gab a top and I'm out the door.