Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions wanted....

Opinions wanted....

Ok, I know it’s been asked probably a hundred times before but I’m going to do it again. In looking back on your life, has being a CD something you attribute to a nature (hard wired, born that way) or nurture (something that developed out of growing up). I ask because I am really not certain for myself, I remember being fascinated with lace and the fun of women’s clothing and femininity in general but I am not sure I can say, “I was born this way.” I like comic books and liked them as a child but I am not sure I was hard wired to like them….so I am hoping for stories or opinions from anyone who wants to share.

Hope everyone has a great and delicious pink fog of a weekend,

Barbra

No idea - just started in mid-teens for no apparent reason.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Completely clueless!

Started dressing out of the blue after age 50!

And never mind "pink fog"! My planned weekend will consist of VERY HEAVY "PINK SOUP"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Nature.

My earliest memories were of wishing I was girl. I remember crawling under a table crying because of something my mother said about being a boy. So I believe it is nature in my case as opposed to nurture.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra_in_Tulsa View Post
    I like comic books and liked them as a child but I am not sure I was hard wired to like them….
    There's more to it than "liking it".

There are a number of men who have been known to dress for Halloween, or some fancy dress party. And some do it every year, because they like it.

Yet they don't have that constant urge (nagging) in the back of their mind pushing them to dress every chance they can get.

In other words, they have no problem not dressing enfemme.

For those of us who have found we cannot quit, it can either be an addiction, or something hard wired.

Addictions can be overcome. It may be hard sometimes, but they can be.

Plus, how does one become "addicted" to CDing from the first time dressing? Usually addictions take a while to build up.

Plus, what drove us to try on clothes meant for the opposite gender in the first place, when we usually knew it was taboo?

Note that I take pleasure in writing with my right hand, more so than my left. In fact I hate trying to write with my left. Yet we all know that many of us were hard wired to have a dominant hand.

But nurture does have a hand in it too. If we had never been exposed to those taboo clothes, then we'd have never crossdressed.

As for liking comic books, I believe you were hard wired to like them. There are a number of people who have been exposed to comic books and never taken a liking to them.

And it's a good thing that many of us like to CD, or we'd be like a lot of others who feel guilt and hatred of having the urge to do so.

Which brings us back to addiction. If one hates it, wouldn't it seem they'd have an easier time of stopping, if it were an addiction based on nurture alone?
    DonnaT

Hello Barbra.

I sure can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, I just started too early for it to be nurturing.

I have 2 older brothers and I'm the youngest

Yes, my Mom had told me that she wished I had been a Girl, but that was already after I was dressing.

I was 4, (I remember the day), my MOM caught me wearing one of her half slips, (it had alot of lace on the hem.),she just giggled and left the room.

BUT, I KNEW at that time I wanted to wear pretty FEMININE clothes.

Lacy, Petticoated party dresses, cut undies, playing with my girlfriends and being a "girlfriend". But I also Played football and baseball with the boys, but I would have prefered to play dress-up and school with the girls,as we would do along with dancing to to the records, 45's.

All my FEMININE love Girls

Janice

Late Bloomer

[SIZE="3"]I started dressing out of the blue at age fifty-six.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I think it's nature. I can remeber being like this since the begining. For me, it's something that goes beyond the clothes. Aquiring tastes for things like pantyhose,comic books,cars,dresses,arcade machines ect...........are just things that you pick up along the way,, for having a liking for, or not.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Straight, yet curvy
    Sure as hell wasn't nurture. Just had the urge to try panties on at a very young age and it's been with me ever since, despite sometimes wishing it would go away. Sounds like hard wiring to me.

As for myself I began at 9 or 10 and it was a sexual experience at first but soon I found that I felt curiously comfortable and more relaxed when I had something on. In later years I went through the confusion and guilt feelings but then got to a point were I accepted who I was and since that day I have been very happy. I've never been really girlie but do know I have a special place in my heart and soal for the feminie. For me it is absolutely nature.
    Rachel

NATURE primarily and then reinforced by NUTURE
    JoAnne Wheeler

Not a clue... All I do know is I remember my mom telling me that I was supposed to have been a girl.. Telling me a lot!! So did this have an effect on me in the womb? It sure had an effect on me afterwards because I started crossdressing almost exactually when my sister was born!! What a coincidence? Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Haven't got a clue! A bit both probably
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Definitely who I am and always was. I can remember dressing in my sister's clothes (with her encouragement) when I was 4 and "sneaking" off to do so whenever I could pretty much from then onward. I remember that when I was 6 I tried to come up with a model of a man who "tested" women's clothing.

I have recently read that there is an apparent link between trans-gendered men (of my generation) and mothers who were given DES during their pregnancies - I know that my Mom lost two babies between my sister and myself...

On the other hand, I discovered while in my teens that my Dad also liked to wear my Mom's stuff.

Or it could just be that women's clothes are so pretty

-jj

OMG what a kettle of worms this could be (I like mixed metaphors).

Being or acting effeminate would be a nature thing. I prefer the Native American Beardache theory. We are two spirited. The clothing would have to be nurture as there is really no real "nature" clothing that is gender specific. The clothing is a man made idea. We all know that men used to wear skirts, wigs and stockings as a matter of course. There is NOTHING in the bible that describes what exactly is male or female clothing yet it forbids anyone from wearing the opposite gender. But we nurture the look and our style.

If there were no clothing to define us as crossdressers, the truely nature people would slip into gender defined actions. The nurtured CD's would have to work on looking feminine. Did that make sense?

Anyway, I am a nature believer. I remember telling my babysitter at the ripe age of 4 that I was really born a girl and that they had "sewed" me up to make me a boy and I was NOT happy about that. Exactly how does a 4 year old even understand the differences is sexes? Let me add I was an only child at the time so it ain't cuz I seed my sisters nekkid.

so I say nature to start then nurtured as we go along

It's like putting a jigsaw puzzle together my friend. CDing is only a small part of it when to comes to realizing what our purpose is.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Nature or nurture, I don't know but I'm leaning towards nurture with regards to myself. The girls with greater aspirations will er on the side of nature, that is to say they should have been girls at birth.
    I have been thinking about this recently and I have another reason for my alter ego. Quite simply, I really like women, especially those who are ultra feminine, so much so that I want a little piece of it for myself. I really enjoy when I see a woman actually dressed like a woman and NOT wearing bovver boots and scruffy jeans.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

I have no doubt, I'm hardwired this way from birth.

I think naure since i can remember stuff from a very early age but ts had a bit of a nurturing explosion of late.

For I believe it is nature with nurture influence. As long as I can remember I have been a guy with both masculine and feminine traits, personalities, and physical features. My dad pushed me to do sports and other male things early on. My mom allowed me to help in the house. So I did both growing up and enjoy both to this day. And I seem to be able to smoothly transition from from to the other and back and forth. I struggled a lot personally because I liked girls, but society put the labels of being gay, girly, fag onto me.

I believe I was born this way but society taught me how feminine and masculine looked, dressed, and acted. I am both so I dress both. Some times more masculine some times more feminine and some times more androygenous.

kimberlys - cd
    joe in a skirt
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Hello Barbara!
    As far back as when I was three I have had dreams of wearing woman's clothes. One of my favorite dreams was wearing a skirt and leading a girl army. That led to dressing like the dream ...and so on. Now at age 59 I'm still dressing.
    Charlie

for me it was something that,s been inside me since i can remember,as a kid i was more comfortable playng with girls then boys,as i grew older i realized that i felt more like a women inside then a man. then i started wearing women's clothing and i felt more relaxed and more like a women then a man and it;s been like that ever since.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Nature or hard wired. As far back as I can remember I have wanted to a girl. The more feminine I become, the more at ease I am with my self. No one encouraged my to try on my sister's bras at an early age. No one encouraged to be wear my mother's long line bra every chance I could. The urge drives me crazy at times. I just thank my lucky stars my wife is accepting.

I think being a cd and having the desire to dress up and be made up to look like a woman is as genetic as a preference for a favorite color, food, or hobby.

I think people are more prone to or drawn to certain things because of genetic make up combined to what experiences are available to them as they progress through life.

Why does a nerd become a nerd? Why does a football jock become a football jock? What makes an artist pick up a paintbrush? Why do some people prefer strawberry flavored milk over chocolate milk? What makes a man want to dress up and look like a woman?

I think we're all a combination of our genes and our surroundings. Too bad that crossdressing happens to be considered a social taboo instead of the chocolate milk thing though, huh? It would be a lot easier to live with and hide the fact that I prefer chocolate milk rather than have to hide my feminine side.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife