Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused about a complament today

Confused about a complament today

Well, Im not sure how to take this, but while working today someone walked by and said "C*** (guy name),, you have some nice legs ! He wasnt laughing either ? I was startled and could only say "thanks I use them a lot" Maybe a better answer would have been "you should see them shaved and in stockings"
    I work in shorts as soon as it get hot, and my legs are in their ugly guy mode till Fall. I dont know this fellow other than a few" how ya doing today's", but dont think he is into guys,, and I sure dont act or look like I am either, so Im just not sure how to take his comment ? I kept looking down at my leggs for a while to make sure they wern't smooth LOL
    The only other comment I have ever had like that was from my Grandmother when she said something like some girls would love to have your legs ,,,, I didnt even have an answer for that one
    Anyway,, Im not trying to say here my leggs are anything special, but it sure was strange to hear that at work !! We all love nice comments when showing our girl pics, or while out dressed, but this is still kinda confusing.
    I have explained to others in my CD world why I dont shave my leggs during the summer and this just re-inforced my feelings big time ! Heck,, I dont swim much, let alone fast *S*,, I dont own a bike either LOL so the typical excuses just wont work
    I guess I will just wait and see if anything else is said by others, I seriously doubt ive been outed at work but have to wonder ???
    Just thought I would post this while its was fresh on my mind.

Cindy

Platinum Member
    just a guy at work jokeing around and our cd radar going off let it slide.........

Departed
    Cindy,

I've had my legs shaved for a bit over a year now and no one has said a word, not family, not friends and not even strangers. But if I got that comment I'd have taken it that someone noticed they were shaved. If yours are in need of deforestation and a guy made that comment.......

Well, like Wendy said, just guys being guys and your radar went off. But so would have mine.

Now if I went to work with my legs looking like this.....
    ...then I'd take it as a come on. But those heels kill! I wore them out once and I had to sit all night. I could barely walk back to the car. But I did get a compliment or two.

Yah, What Wendy said.

Many years ago my stepson asked me if I shaved my legs (I didn't at the time), my answer was something along the lines of "Nope, I'm just more highly evolved than you are monkey-boy!".

Cindy, all I can say is that if your legs are half as good looking as your face in your avatar, then who could blame the poor guy!? Let is slide for now. Life is too short to spend it worrying.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I used to get the nice legs compliment a lot, course I was in Coaching at the time and it was probably more in the athlete sense than it was in the girly sense, but they were definately nicely shaped (I would have made one hell of a girls basketball player) Now the next question is....Is he cute? Maybe you should compliment him on his butt Anyway, sounds like you have great legs, and I know it must be killing you to have them grown over right now. Soo heres to hurrying up for winter.
    Krissi

Many years ago my stepson asked me if I shaved my legs (I didn't at the time), my answer was something along the lines of "Nope, I'm just more highly evolved than you are monkey-boy!".

That's a great comeback to use against a homophobe!

Homophobe: "Nice smooth legs, queer."
    Me: "I don't shave them. I'm just more highly evolved than you, monkey-boy."

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel

That's a great comeback to use against a homophobe!

Homophobe: "Nice smooth legs, queer."
    Me: "I don't shave them. I'm just more highly evolved than you, monkey-boy."
    *nods*

And while he's trying to figure it out, run!

Someone said something like that to me too, Cindy.
    I didn't know how to take it and wondered what they meant.

(Julie, are those your legs?)

Maybe he just blurted it out, and feels weird about saying it, and meant nothing by it other than you have nice legs.

On a differnet note, this is kinda to everyone......I read that many of you shave in the winter and not in the summer. I was wondering why? Is it your choice or on maybe influenced by your SO? I was just wondering because I worried about doing it because I live in the south and wear shorts 365 days a year. About two years ago my wife shaved my legs and only one smartass remark has been made. And that was by a friend of mines brother who is my age (28). And his dad overheard him and yelled "That is not all he shaves, you want to see the rest?" His son shut up and has never said another word. All he really said was "Do you shave your legs?". But he did yell it out in a group of 25 of the most country and redneck people you will ever meet. Everyone else just kinda looked at him and shook their heads. My point being I do not think people really care wether we do or not. I think it is all in our heads. But, many ladies have made very nice comments on my legs since I shaved them. So I guess I will stay like this.
    And if you are thinking I might be small or not in a mans, man kinda world think again. I am 6'0, 340 lbs logger. And live in the country.

Sorry I was rambling.

April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Cindy ..I think you just overreacted like a few others have said .... me however has kept mine shaved and now am suffering in the heat grrrrrrrrr ...its real hot here and the guy i work with sez " I dont know how you can wear pants in this heat" .....:/ hes right too .. im dying in this heat wave wearing jeans ...and i cannot wear shorts ...fraid too ... the guy i work with.. i have known for years and he has seen my REALLY hairy legs over past summers this is the first year i have kept them shaved....... HIDE THE RAZORS ON ME .....and get me a bottle of super hairy leg growth ...lol

JoannaDees
    That is a strange comment, especially if they are manly hairy. I wouldn't know how to interpret it. Maybe just see how he behaves in the future. Or better yet, shave 'em and show 'em! As JulieM said, nobody really notices or cares ... unless they like them and nothing wrong with that!

girl next door

comes 'round goes 'round

Cindy, I think I recall in a recent post to another gal's thread about the gg's kidding him at work, you said something to the effect that "nah, nothing like that ever happens to me at work." Ain't life too funny!
    Anyway, I wouldn't worry 'bout it in the least. I've never shaved my rather shapely legs, but I probably get at least one comment each summer on them (from gals or guys). And I'm quite sure I don't give off any detectable CD vibe. So enjoy the complement as a guy, and as a gal! Tammi

Sherlyn, go ahead and wear shorts. Sure you'll probably get a comment on shaved legs, big deal. Comments won't hurt, may even be complimentary. Just say, yea, this heat was killing me so I was driven to shave and wear shorts, both.

I'll get comments on my legs, since they are my best feature , from guys and gals. I don't worry about any hidden meaning, and accept the compliment, and simply reply, Thanks, I like 'em too. Your reply to the guy was a good one.
    DonnaT

Yess!

let me tell you, that is a great thing to hear!
    my burly roomate, who knows nothing of my crossdressing said the same thing the other day, and I gave a little inward blush.
    I was into the winter shave/summer grow thing too, but you know what?
    I think I am just going to nair those little *******s, and keep it shaved year round.
    I'm so strange anyway, all I have to say is that body hair is repugnent to me, and it will work.
    lol
    orchard

I shave my legs and have been only asked a few times in the last 4 years by any one that I know. I just said that I hate hair, it feels cooler, and I hate when my hair from my legs get caught in my socks. And it was left at that, no other comments by them. There is no benifit on having hairy legs, shave it.

Sabrina

honey if you got it flawnt it take it in the manner it was intended and enjoy the complaments xxooxx

Wink

That is a little different comment from a guy, but maybe he realized that you shaved on previous occasions because your hair inn't really long? (just guessing) OR, did you ever wonder, maybe he shaves HIS legs, and recognises nice legs? Maybe (a far out guess) maybe he's a member here too??

I'm going too keep mine shave all summer this year and I just wear long pants when I'm in public.......
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by April5050
    My point being I do not think people really care wether we do or not. I think it is all in our heads.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi
    Anyway, I wouldn't worry 'bout it in the least. I've never shaved my rather shapely legs, but I probably get at least one comment each summer on them (from gals or guys). And I'm quite sure I don't give off any detectable CD vibe. So enjoy the complement as a guy, and as a gal! Tammi
    One comment the whole summer? I reckon even I can handle that!!

Thanks girls for the advice and opinions !
    It probably does look like I over-reacted if it was on my mind enough to start a thread about it (my 2nd) , . I was more startled/cought off gaurd than worried I guess but am glad to hear a few others would have been wondering too LOL. So I just survived the day after,*S* its nealy 100 deg with the humidity and I sure am glad I wasnt wearing long pants ! **ha ha Sherilyn **

Julie, now those ARE some nice leggs !! -- see it's not strange when I say it LOL

Holly, once again your being too sweet *S*

Krissi,, yep I hate Summer for several reasons ! It doesnt help that my wife teases me saying things like 'bet you wish yours were this smooth right now"
    but hey,, just about 60 days left and I will be ok

April, your a lot braver than me ! But I doubt I would tease someone 340 lbs either *S*

Morph your right, but its not a question of want, just wont LOL

Sherlyn, I work with 20 guys in a shop, probly more than 1/2 of us wear shorts,, I dont see how the others wear long pants when its 95 deg or more, unless???????????????????????????? LOL ya never know

Thanks again EVERYONE !! . If I ever change jobs and Summer legg habits I will be sure to post it here first

Cindy

Why that many question marks? Unless... they too are hiding shaved legs?? Kind of doubtful half of a workplace would, but you never know...

Daniel,, its a joke ,, get it ?? LOL Sorry ,, you may be blonde like me,,, it takes longer to work out some things *S*

Quote Originally Posted by April5050
    I read that many of you shave in the winter and not in the summer. I was wondering why?
    I shave year round. In the summer I wear shorts and, when I can, nylons. The nylons are a function of the SO at the moment, but the shaving is not.

Quote Originally Posted by cindybarnes
    Well, Im not sure how to take this, but while working today someone walked by and said "C*** (guy name),, you have some nice legs ! He wasnt laughing either ?
    It may have simply been a pure, raw response. On another day he might not have said anything. Take it as a nice compliment.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Cindy !!!!!! lmao thanx ....g/f... now you got me thinkin... do they think i am hiding my legs uh oh .... lol