Thread: An Interesting Day

An Interesting Day

I am very lucky to have a wonderful girl friend who not only loves me , but she loves Katie also. She really enjoys making me up and even though she has taken me out numerous times both at night and in the daylight today was a little different. We had never taken Katie shopping. So a couple of days ago she did the usual magnificent job on my makeup, I got dressed and off we went to Shoe Carnival. The trip to Shoe Carnival was uneventful, not sure if the guy running the cash register read me or not, but don’t think so and don’t care. I was nervous about something happening which would cause embarrassment to her.
    After we left we were discussing if the cashier had read me or not, which really didn’t matter. Not trying to brag, but she convinced me that he probably didn’t. I wish we would have remembered to take a pic.
    So, later in the day, after returning to my normal ole drab self we ran down to Walgreens to get some makeup wipe (since I used up her supply). We picked up the wipes and were looking for some blush. Anyway, in walks another CD who I must say didn’t pass at all. He was with a GG also. He was wearing makeup, a woman’s blouse with no bra, jeans, flats, etc. He was tall and fairly heavy set. No wig, but his hair was very long, and balding in the front. In the bald spot there was a thin patch of hair that was very long as well. He didn’t pass at all. My GG girlfriend doesn’t think he was even trying to pass.
    Now, having said all of that, NO ONE PAID ANY attention to him. No one pointed, laughed, etc (ok, I giggled cause as a CD I was aware). But I respected that he had the guts to go out and not care what anyone thinks. So for those of you that are scared to buy for yourself in drab, or afraid to got out enfemme, let me tell ya, no body cares or pays attention, so JUST DO IT. It is an incredible rush….

I love Shoe Carnival... They don't care how I'm dressed as long as I buy a pair of shoes or two!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    i have mentioned this before in other posts, you are right, not many people care, unless you are in a very prejuidiced section.

KATIE - where (what town or city) did this occur ? The tolerance level and/or just don't care level vary from place to place.

But I'm happy that you have such a wonderful GF

JoAnne Wheeler

Silver Member
    It is great to hear you have a helpful and understanding GF! As for going out and about, just do it! Most people and Sales associates don't really care what you are wearing, as they are too wrapped up in their own life. The SAs just want you to spend $. The people that do notice are more cautious to say anything, but may admire you for your courage to dress as you like. Why is it GGs can wear any guy item and it's called "fashion", but if a guy wears anything feminine they classify him as "gay" or "want him arrested for impersonating a woman"!

Quote Originally Posted by Chari View Post
    Why is it GGs can wear any guy item and it's called "fashion", but if a guy wears anything feminine they classify him as "gay" or "want him arrested for impersonating a woman"!
    Ah! But if a GG wears a fake moustache or beard? What about then? I don't buy into the whole notion that "GG's are lucky because they get to wear whatever they want and men are degraded for wearing even the most slightly feminine apparel." Societies (especially Western societies) have drawn pretty clear lines as to what's acceptable attire for both men and women. There's a lot of gray or fuzzy area up to that line, but there's a point where you go from "fashion" to crossdressing.

Now, having said that, I do agree that GG's have more leeway than GB's; that line seems to be reached much faster for men than for women. And I hope I'm not being sexist when I say that - it's just my view and, well, consider the source and perspective.

To get back on topic (sorry about the aside)... You are soooooo lucky to have such a loving and accepting GF. I applaud your courage (both of you!) and want you both to know that you're an inspiration to those of us that are still too chicken to go out (one day...). I love hearing these stories - they're so helpful to me to get over my fears.
    Last edited by Cassia-Marie; 01-16-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Didn't want to hijack the thread by going too far off-topic.
    I'm so far back in the closet that I'm finding Christmas presents!

"Women often don't seem to have a problem with us, as long as we're not romantically involved with them of course." - goofus

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    KATIE - where (what town or city) did this occur ? The tolerance level and/or just don't care level vary from place to place.

But I'm happy that you have such a wonderful GF

JoAnne Wheeler
    JoAnne-

It is a very conservative town in MO, which just happens to be the Capital. But then again this is the Show-Me-State!

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    Katie,
    I will be nice to have your GG on this site so she can post her thoughts. I will be nice to have her help other GGs in accepting our lifestyle.

Other than that, I am glad for you to have one that is so open and willing to accept you for all your worth. Congrats on finding the perfect gem.

Latindancer

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_ View Post
    So for those of you that are scared to buy for yourself in drab, or afraid to got out enfemme, let me tell ya, no body cares or pays attention, so JUST DO IT. It is an incredible rush….
    I look forward to that "incredible rush", but it a long ways away. I know crossdressers are as diverse as any group of people with any one thing shared in common. For me, I really want to appear as feminine as possible in my appearance. I want to pass as a woman if/when I venture out.

I most certainly won't pass in public and that is a big deal to me. It's not enough to be read and ignored/left alone, I don't want to be read at all. I feel strongly about that and it's a me thing.

My wife thinks we can go out together some time when the weather is nice. It would be a late night thing, when it is dark enough to not stand out from a distance. I look forward to that experience, and feel very nervous about it as well. I don't exactly live in a cd-friendly town. Venturing out around here can be dangerous if not done carefully.

I hope that in time Gabrielle will evolve to the point where her chances of being read in public will be very small. Maybe than I can experience the out-and-about in the daylight thrill. I hope to post about that some day.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Thumbs up

two responses at once-

First- Latin girl, my GG GF is a member on here and has post many meaningful, helpful posts.

Gabrielle-

If that is really you in your aviator and on your page (and I am sure it is) you will have no problem, especially at night. Last night after my gf made me up, we went for a drive (yes I drove). We picked up a carry out pizza and I stopped and got gas. I was out enfemme filling er up and no one even looked twice. Its not nearly as hard as you think. Gets easier every time, but the first time is definatley the hardest. And luckily for me, my dressing and going out really trips her trigger if ya know what I mean...