Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Placement of your breastforms

Placement of your breastforms

Ok,
    Maybe its been addressed and I missed it but,
    Unless you have had a breast augmentation or have the real thing. How do you know if your breastforms are to high, to low, out to far, or in to far. Now I have some girls that have their boobs so high it could give them a double chin. I have seen GG's with their boobs up to their chin as well, almost as if to say "Try and look me in the eye".

Also what about shoulder strap adjustment. I have seen so raised up that the back strap almost has a U-shape to it.

And what about nipple placement for those that have detachable nipples. Do you face them directly forward or is there a slight adjustment to the side?

Food for thought;
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    You know, I never really gave this question any serious consideration ! Mayby I should.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

use a model!

My wife is 5'8", I'm 5'11". She and I stood toe to toe and ... well... I adusted the bra strap until my nipples were just a inch or so higher than hers. This helps me account for age and the rest. The bra I was wearing had pouches for the girls, so the width was fixed, and matched my wife's perfectly. Oh, my wife is on the road and I'm home working. She just called and I answered in my male voice....she asked to speak to Tina...my word do I ever love her!!!

But, that's how I set height and width of my girls. I keep the back of my bra straight across.

Hope this helps.

Tina

San Francisco girl
    I attach my breastforms with adhesive. I line up the nipples of the forms with my own nipples. I figured that if I ever grow my own, that is what they would look like.

My bras straps are adjusted for comfort. The forms would stay on even without a bra, but wearing one takes the weight off of my chest, just like it does for a GG.

Wendi

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    My wife is 5'8", I'm 5'11". She and I stood toe to toe and ... well... I adusted the bra strap until my nipples were just a inch or so higher than hers. This helps me account for age and the rest. The bra I was wearing had pouches for the girls, so the width was fixed, and matched my wife's perfectly. Oh, my wife is on the road and I'm home working. She just called and I answered in my male voice....she asked to speak to Tina...my word do I ever love her!!!

But, that's how I set height and width of my girls. I keep the back of my bra straight across.

Hope this helps.

Tina
    was Tina available or was she out shopping?

I try to place my forms at a height about 1/2 to 2/3 the distance from shoulder to elbow. These forms just have a small nipple area that is formed in and I place them so they are over my natural nipple and in a bra that is just slightly pointing outward and slightly upward. Straps are adjusted just so they don't fall down

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.

My tips

When I was fitted for my breast forms a few months ago, the girls there gave me a couple of tips. I told them that I wanted to be sure that they looked right - position-wise. They both took a few steps back and looked critically. One said to me, "your boobies look perfect!". The other one was a bit more helpful and told me that when you were wearing your bra, the bottom of it should hit your xyphoid process (the little bump at the bottom of your breastbone). As for side to side, I have the non-adhesive variety and a great collection of mastectomy bras with the little pockets, so they're always in the right place.

Kathi

Former Member
    I just adjust them until they look right in the mirror.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Well, with my HUGE FORMS;

I point the nipples pointing down. If I wear a bra, it brings the nipples up anyway.
    Having your nipples pointing at the ceiling, doesn't look good to me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

[SIZE=4]I have a terrible time trying to figure out what top to wear to work, so I just pick one and go with it. If the top shows too much of the top of the forms I adjust them either up or down and swing the tops of the asymetrical forms outward a bit so that they are not seen. When I wear a tube top, I have often turned the same breast forms upside down so that the bulk of the fullness is at the top to help hold the tube top in place. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]My forms are always glued on, I don't wear a bra. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Depending on the top, I will swap breast forms until I have the best placement and "swell" without looking too overdone.Typically, by placing the molded nipples directly over my own nipples, I come up with the best placement for me. [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I usually just place the nipple of the breastform so that it lines up with my own nipple. That usually works. I have the bra adjusted so that it gives enough support but doesn't lift them too high.

Ok,
    So for those that have nipples pointing down, won't that give the effect of "Saggy Breast". I'm sure we would want the "Firm" Pointy look....

And I think that the actual nipple for some points a little to the outside while others point straight forward.

Another question regarding this issue;

If you can wear either a 34D or a 32D. Will the 32D bring the forms closer together because the cups would be closer?

See I wear a 34D but its on the middle clasp in the back. So I probably could also wear a 32D.
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by jessica19cd View Post
    i usually just place the nipple of the breastform so that it lines up with my own nipple. That usually works. I have the bra adjusted so that it gives enough support but doesn't lift them too high.
    [size="4"]me too!!![/size]

I just place it where it comfortable and looks good under the clothes I wear.... I have no clue where it lies vs my nipples... mainly because when I go to look... I have to move the forms... lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

nose to the grindstone!

Sadly, Lorileah, Tina was keeping the laptop hot and working away! It was a nice break to talk on the phone, but then back to work!!!

tina

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    was Tina available or was she out shopping?
    Careful not to make me laugh too loud please. I'm still in the closet and my wife is in the room.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

I don't think there is any great science to it. as others have said, just manipulate them until it looks right. how hard is that!?

TRIAL and ERROR in front of a mirror works good
    JoAnne Wheeler

I go with what looks good at the time I dress up, I look in the mirror and a just if needed. However if thoughts were real I would have the real thing and not have to worry about using fake ones I would have the real things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok,
    Aside from moving them around and such. Does anyone know what the "actual" position of the breast and nipples really are? Or close to it? GG's you are welcome to comment.

Also since I have brought this subject up. What if your bra "rides" up on you? Proper positioning of the forms may or may not prevent this.

I like the answer where the bra has pockets for the forms. I know thats "cheating" because many of us wear ones that don't, but hey it works.

And what about finding a bra where the seperation between the "sisters" is smaller, making them come in more and easier to create cleavage.
    Hugs,
    Tamera

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera View Post

If you can wear either a 34D or a 32D. Will the 32D bring the forms closer together because the cups would be closer?

See I wear a 34D but its on the middle clasp in the back. So I probably could also wear a 32D.
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    It is not so much that the cups are closer but they are a different size... If you wear a 34D and want to go to a size 32, you need to wear a 32DD to keep the same size boobies.. If you wear a 32D and want to go to a size 34, you would need to wear a 34C. If you go from a 34D to a 32D, you would need to use smaller breast forms.

Robyn P.

Not really thought about it.

I always look in the mirror and adjust if necessary.

As far as lining up with your own nipples, I would say this is wrong.

On a gg, the weight of her breast will hang. So the nipples on a woman should be lower than a mans?
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Emma,
    You are right about lining up the nipples. For a mans physical appearance and a womans regarding the nipple area are different.

And about the 32DD, I never thought one would have to change the cup size. I thought it would just stay the same.

Regarding the nipple area. It does seem as a GG gets older some of them seem to turn "SOUTH". But we always want those "FIRM" "PERKY" Breasts and Nipples.

I like wearing the Full Coverage Bras myself. I find it a little tacky to show any part of the form itself.
    Hugs,
    Tamera

Aspiring Member
    i always wore a bra that the forms would fit into, then i just put the forms inside and let it go at that.

Use a properly fitted bra, but even if not, about halfway down your arm is about right. If you're not sure, put them on and turn on the TV to see what women are doing.