Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is dressing sexual or emotional?

Both!
    Cary

For me

It is all about being who I am on the inside.

XOXOXO

Elizabeth

When I first began dressing there was a sexual element, now I find that when I dress I am more relaxed and it helps me de stress after a bad day

For me it is very sensual and calming, like
    i'm completely myself.

Its both I cannot deny it. But as I age?

Its more and more an emotional expression, and statement of who and what I am as a person. As a former GG ~ GF once said, "Your part girl"

I've been with gay guys before, but wasn't really into them, because (A) they were men, and (B) they were gay and into masculine men.

My attraction at the time was because I was into femininity in a world that denied me access to any of that. This also went down in the 70's when in pre-publescence, ragging hormones, etc ~ it a was convienent release of sexual tension.

If I had druthers? I would love to be involved with a GG that could deal with my occassionally being and getting girly. Actually I would love being the "wife" of some strong, professional, self-supporting GG! (Yea right! That's going to happen!)

Former Member
    Crossdressing in my younger days was a sexual turn on. That has declined over the years to a point where it has very little to do with sex now. I feel comfortable and all is right when I crossdress. For me it is a feeling of contentment. I find I am more relaxed and at peace with myself, my family and the world.

Short is good so don't worry about it. There are many different shades of us and all are different and none are wrong. Just try to be yourself?
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

What allways comes across to me when i see threads like this is the underlining message that if you admit its something sexual then you're not doing it for legitimate reasons..hence if you ever feel you'd like to transition you sure better drop the sexual reasons or your case is somehow less valid..be honest with yourself..for me i want more than just crossdressing, i want the full experience..i want to look like a woman, walk like a women, flirt like a woman, and love like a women..women do like to have sex too you know...mind you i'm deeply lost in the pink fog as i write this...

Both for me. (Haven't we been here before very recently?)

It used to be absolutely 100% sexual, now I'd say its about 50/50, though not necessarily 50/50 every time I dress, if you know what I mean.

I dont have any fantasy about having sex *as* a woman would, though I certainly have fantasised about having sex as a man, though dressed as a woman. Hehe, no two of us the same eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    It was sexual for me at first and I identify with the need to dress the quick thrill and relief. Then a quick look in the mirror sent signals of what a prat, what do I look like, a quick change and shame for what I had done.
    I would buy shoes,nail polish and undies, once I had satisfied myself they would be binned or burnt, (I would never do that again would I?) but I did.
    Now I enjoy the feeling and feel relaxed not ashamed.
    Mainly due to the corespondence through poeple in the forum.

Thanks to you all
    I think that kinda covers my teenage years, I didn't then have the nerve to buy stuff tho, just used to pinch mums. But yeah, the feeling of what the hell am I doing, shame and panic trying to put stuff back exactly as it was so she wouldn't notice (if she did she never said anything). But I think deep down I knew I'd do it again.
    Now I'm starting to come to terms with this part of me I'm more relaxed with it and enjoy it more. The whole experience of 'becoming / being' Emma for a few hours rather than just the quick thrill.
    Think I've got that right. Job to find the right words

For me, it's mostly fun.
    I've always really enjoyed super-feminine women. You know, skirts, heels, nylons, nice hair and make-up. Thinking back to my teens, my girlfriends all dressed like girls. A pretty girl in jeans and flats just didn't get my attention.
    Anyway, I like femininity so much, I like to have a little piece of it for myself. Dressing doesn't turn-me-on, I just like doing it and I appear to be calmer when I'm wearing something, even if it's just stockings.

How about 90% fun, 10% comfort.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

For me its still both . Sometimes its very sexual. Other times it just feels good to be in something fem. I work out of my home , sometimes i can be dressed all day without out the sexual feelings. Other times its its just to exciting

Dressing is still completely sexual for me at the moment. I'm still young though (21) so I assume that the feelings will change over time. And just as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, I do get the feeling of disgust and guilt right after I climax, although it's not as bad as it once was.

For me its more sensual, relaxing and just enjoying my cd time.
    I think a lot of us have been there, done that like the younger ones posting, must be a phase most of us go thru with the sexual aspect/guilt etc...early on.
    Glad those days are long gone now, the guilt that is

It's still a very sexual experience for me. At times dressing is relaxing when other things in life are going pretty crazy but I have yet to cross the threshold into a more emotional or natural feeling from it. Sadly at times it seems that those who express it more as a sexual release are shunned by those who use it as much more of an expression of their true selves. From my years of chatting with others from right across the spectrum I can understand where different views come from. To each their own, as long as one enjoys themself.

not sexual

I am a male person that has always had masculine and feminine traits. Society has taught me how masculine people dress and how feminine people dress. I am a mix of masculine and feminine traits so I wear a mix of masculine and feminine clothes. Some times more masculine, some times more feminine. But usually a mix of both.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Sexual. I am relatively new to crossdressing but my interest in this area rose because of my desire to have sex with women as female persona. Right now I am interested in wearing sexy lingerie but who knows where I might go from here?

reasons for dressing

First of all hi to everyone, I am new here just found it and am so glad I did.

Now to reply, I personally dress because I feel natural in the clothes, no more than I figure any other woman feels in normal clothing just simply dressed in my "granny" panties bra and normal outfit. On the other hand as with any gg if I may get into my french maids outfit or other such attire I do feel sexy and desire the same attention as any other. I guess what I'm getting at is that as for myself its a comfort like a guy and his boxers or old sweatsuit it covers my body and makes me feel at peace.

I am a "both" girl too.. It was a major sexual turn in when I donned my first bra and knickers.
    Nowadays its not the reason I dress although it is still there.
    I am a much better person when I am kelly, my emotions are there for all to see and I love every minute.
    However, I just cant parallel park a car now.
    Kelly xx

When I first started out it was 100% sexual and nothing else, now I just really enjoy wearing womens clothes and the sexual side of it, while still present, is nowhere near as prominent as it once was.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    Yes to both. But as I've gotten older (I'm now 36), its more of a emotional outlet, and I'm more content, now that I've come full circle. I've accepted myself before others have accepted me too, and thats what makes me more comfortable with my inner peace.
    When I was younger though, especially from 17 to 25, it was strictly sexual. It was excitement and it was a desire, and the risks of dressing was very high, cause I was living with my father and his wife. I was always in fear of getting caught, and there was a part of me that wanted more and more. It was agravating, and when I dressed, it was like a heavy weight had come off my shoulders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

There are times when I dress from stress, and it is relaxing to be Tegan. But there are other times when it is a real turn on. Seeing myself in the mirror is very sexy, and sensual.

I hope that helps.

P.S. I do have to say though, I can wear my heels for any reason at all. Many a dinner has been made with me hardly able to walk.

For me, I think that Holly and Samantha said it best. The sexual component in gone, replaced with a sense of contentment. I like the analogy of "Chicken Soup for the Soul"

Jaydee

Perfect question

Exactly what I have been asking myself for years.

However I have never really understood the answer.
    I think it changes as my mood swings.
    Sometimes it is an intense adrenalin rush. Mixture of sexual excitement and the pleasure/fear of the 'doing something'
    Others it is just so relaxing and comfortable to feel feminine and free.
    Born to be both

Cindyxxx

With age, less sexual more emotional

I posted earlier that it is both and more, but here is another thought. With age (maturity?) it seems that for me and many others it is less often about sex, and more often about stress relief and relaxation.

I remember one occasion when my wife caught me wearing her undies. She was surprised because we had just had sex that morning. Although I do not smoke, I would compare it to that famous post-coital cigarette.