Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Are those women's boots?"

"Are those women's boots?"

I was minding my own business, waiting at the auto service store, for the oil to be changed on my truck.

Another customer was staring at my boots, and finally he asked, "Are those women's boots?"

Not missing a beat, I replied, "No. Those are mine."

Does that ever happen to you? If so, what do you say?

never had it happen, but that was a great response.

Great answer!!!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

very good answer

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    As a matter of fact it has happened to me ... just once. At work one day I had on a pair of 1" heel black women's ankle boots and a male co-worker said "those boots look like women's ones" ... I just said in a rather nonchalant, non caring way, "really? ..... I don't know, they were in the guys section at Goodwill". I think he thought that I was either dumb that I couldn't tell the difference or that I was just plain weird. Anyway, I don't wear those boots to work anymore, in fact I now wear 2" ones outside of work
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I had a reasonably similar experience the other day.

My wife has a rather gorgeous pair of Diane Ferrari platform shoes that are quite chunky, but very comfortable to wear - which is what I do around the house.

The other day my son and his wife were over for a visit and he said to me 'You haven't taken up wearing clogs, have you?' Before I could even think of an answer, let alone make one, my wife piped up and said 'Oh no - they are not clogs, but my very good DF shoes'.

As luck would have it no more was said and the conversation moved on.

I over heard a woman as she past by me tell the man she was with that I was wearing womens shoes, penny loafer style 1/2 inch heel. Then my daughter , before she met me as Sandra, saw me in a pair of boots and asked a very similar question and I replied as you did. My daughter was my maid of honor at my wedding.

Like you now days if I'm not totally dressed up and some one raises the same question I respond that no their mine.

HUGS Sandra

Yeah, I agree good answer

I have been wearing my girls boots out a lot lately and haven't had anything like that happen to me yet. If it does I plan on saying that they are dress boots that I found at a second hand store in the mens section and they fit and looked nice and are comfortable so don't really know and don't care. by the way they have kind of a hard heel and make a little noise on hard floors

great come back
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar

Not boots -- but rather my short-shorts

I haven't worn my boots out en drab, but I did wear a pair of women's short-shorts last summer when I went to my leg waxing appointment. Plans changed afterwards, so rather than going right back home after my appointment, I had to pick up my 12-year daughter at her friend's house. She noticed right away, and asked me, in front of her friend and her friend's mother "Are those women's shorts?" Before I could say a word, the mother stepped in front of me to get a better view, saying "Let me see." I was totally unprepared (wish I had your "No, their mine" answer!). I simply said "They are shorter than most men's shorts." and changed the subject by asking how her day had gone.

Good one! My reply might be... I'd don't know, I never checked. Or..why? are you looking for some also? Or maybe, 'that's what the sales person said, I thought they were joking'.
    Last edited by Sally2005; 01-27-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Several weeks ago my wife called me from a Thrift store. She said she was looking at the boots and found some really nice ones that were in my size. They have some kind of fake suede top sewn to a rubber shell bottom. Good tread but no heel to speak of. Fully pile and thin-sulate lined with a fake fur cuff at the top. Normally I try them on first to make sure they fit but I was almost 20 miles away. I told her to get them.

I tried them on when she got home. I'm blessed/cursed with a small foot but a high arch and usually fit into a men's size 8 with arch supports. Sure enough the boots were size 8 but they felt tight both in width and toe room. I checked the label again and found in very small print "women's size 8". We had a good laugh about it. (She knows about Tina but is not fully supportive.) You can't take them back and they are very nice in deep snow. They're still a bit tight but I just wear thin socks, knee highs or pantyhose.

Now, if I can just get her to buy me another pair...something that is even more feminine...
    I'm working on it.

Excellent response. And there you were all macho and stuff getting the oil changed in your truck. Nice way to blend your life. I can only hope that you were also underdressed at the time!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Great reply. Reminds me of a line from one of Lacey Leigh's books: "These aren't women's clothes, they're mine. No woman has ever worn them."

Thumbs up noted

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    Yes, that's the best reply - or else "No, they're mine. They certainly should be for what they cost me."

On the other hand, when people ask me "Are those breasts real?" I reply, "No, they're fake. My real ones are in my handbag." You should see their expressions as they try to work it out.
    That going in the note book.

It's not only ladies boots.

On Boxing day my Daughters came and picked me up for the Christmas family meal, apart from my youngest saying that I was looking more and more like my Sister! When we arrived at my Daughter's house she had just bought a new carpet so we were expected to take our shoes off and enter the house in our stocking feet (I was wearing 80 denier anckle socks) when my son-in-law came to greet me he looked down and saw my shoes (1.5" wedge heeled black court shoes) then looked at me and said "Your wearing woman's shoes" I wish I could say that I replied with wit and humour, but infact all I said was "AND!"
    and that was the end of the conversation, no one mentioned the fact that I was wearing ladies ackle socks, for which I was truly thankful,
    Lesley Ann

That really was an awesome response.

I also like the fake breast ones... definitely needed the laugh this morning.

Thanks, ladies!

Why not just reply "yes they are women's boots". Why make excuses? You are not breaking any laws.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    Great come back.I had a lady ask if I was wearing womens jeans and I just said yes smiled and walked off.

I love my WOMEN'S BOOTS - I wore them to a Church social and no one said a thing

JoAnne Wheeler

This is a great forum!

I'll frequently wear women's jeans and or chunky heeled boots, or cute loafers out while in drab. I've not had any one approach me, or ask me about anything (except for a clerk at a home improvement store a few check-lanes away who was speaking to a male co-worker and pointing at my jeans that day), but after having read this thread, I feel not only more confident, but better prepared with a couple of response options!!

thanks girls!

-Krissy

Good for you, what a Great Comeback!!!

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm dying to see these boots..

Do they look anything like mine??

Karen
    Attached Images Attached Images

My wife use to ask me, whose undies am I wearing and I would always say they are mine, then she would say, I bet, so I would say, well I bought and payed for them so they must be mine.
    Just because they were designed and made for women does not automaticaly made them women's.
    Sophie Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    I was minding my own business, waiting at the auto service store, for the oil to be changed on my truck.

Another customer was staring at my boots, and finally he asked, "Are those women's boots?"

Not missing a beat, I replied, "No. Those are mine."

Does that ever happen to you? If so, what do you say?
    I have used that line many a time. It really throws the person asking the question.

Xx Vicky xX