Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I went out again

Well, I went out again

I went out again.....sorta. I wore this dress with a nice beige boucle sweater (coz it's chilly outside!). I think they go real well together. It wasn't much, just a trip to the local goodwill. I purged myself of about ten dresses that really didn't fit me well. All of them were pretty enough, just not quite big enough. I didn't really wear them all that much, and most of the ones that actually fit me well I can't bear to part with.

So I got all dressed up, made myself pretty, and drove a bag of rather nice ladies clothing down to the Goodwill store. I pulled up to the back of the store where they take in the goodies. There were a couple of young men working back there. I didn't really say much, lest my voice be a dead give away, but I asked one of them to get the bag of clothing out of my back seat, and he murmered "Thank you, ma'am," opened my rear door, and got the bag o'dresses out of my back seat.

I got "ma'am" 'd!

I'm pretty sure they clocked me, or at least figured it out shortly after I left, but I think one of the keys to getting out and about is learning not to care about what you fear everyone is thinking about you.

So it's no real big deal, just a trip in the car at mid-day. Hey, it ain't flying, but it still counts! I had fun, and I was out in the world as a lady.

And I liked it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Silver Member
    Way to go Marla! Of course it counts as being out. You were seen and even talked with someone. You are right, having the right attitude makes all the difference in the experience. I some times get bored at home so will get dressed up and go for a drive for no real reason. I will stop and buy some gas even though I don't need any or just park my car and go window shopping or aimlessly walk around until my urge to be out is satisfied. I think the dress you were wearing is really pretty. BTW I shop at the goodwill stores and donate things to them too. I am glad that you enjoyed being out as a lady.

Marla, congratulations on getting "ma'amed" I imagine that was quite a little thrill! I admire you for going out in public en femme. I hope to be able to do that some day. I also like Susan's idea of going out and pumping gas, that would be a great way to be seen in public w/o having to actually speak to anyone.

Of course you got "ma'am" 'd!
    How wonderful hon...awesome day!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    . . . So it's no real big deal, just a trip in the car at mid-day. . . .
    What d'ya mean it's no big deal? When combined with your recent buying a wig adventure, this shows a whole new attitude for you. It shows that you have learned the vast majority of the world doesn't care how we dress. It shows that you have decided your joy and happiness is more significant than some strangers opinion of you. I think it's a HUGE deal!

Marla, don't belittle your accomplishment and adventure. You dressed, went out, enjoyed yourself, spoke to someone, and got ma'am'd. A very successful outing by all accounts.

Jen
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jenna said it all! The fact that you made it to the Goodwill dressed and then had the courage to open the door gets high fives from me. Where next?
    Charlie

Yeeeeaaaa, another step out, I'm very happy for you!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Baby steps. But dang! This lovely new hair looks great with that dress! It's addicting. What's next? We'll see. Maybe a mall walk, I dunno. I'd like to actually purchase something en femme. But right now, I'm way too chicken for something like that!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Wow Marla, I'm so happy for you. My computer has been on the blink for a few days and I missed your wig adventure. Of course I was curious, so I read that post as well. I just love it when our sisters find that the world doesn't stop when we go out but just allows us to move along with it. It sounds like you've had a couple of great experiences. You go girl!

TxKimberly & Jenna both said it very well. So it's ditto's from me. What do I have to say about it all fantastic!!!!!! What do you do next. I'd walk around to the front of the good will store, head on in, and try on a pair of jeans or a dress or something. Way to go and keep on gurlen.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

I enjoyed reading that Marla, thanks. Put a little smile on my face
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

You are getting there and you look so good too.

Day out

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
    The only daylight outing I ever did was just a nice country drive. Had some guys follow me, or maybe I was just paranoid, and I got a little antsy. They really were not following because they turned after a while but I got so nervous that I made a mess in the panties. Too much leg movement I suppose. Whoo!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I could NEVER do that, Marla!

Whenever I drop off a load at the back of Goodwill, I don't ever have the will power to skip going in and looking around!

Oh, and drressing up for the drop off, too, of course!

( Gee, u look great in your avatar!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    What d'ya mean it's no big deal? When combined with your recent buying a wig adventure, this shows a whole new attitude for you. It shows that you have learned the vast majority of the world doesn't care how we dress. It shows that you have decided your joy and happiness is more significant than some strangers opinion of you. I think it's a HUGE deal!

I agree with Kim - This is a big deal !

The more you get out, then the more you will get out of it- !
    You'll be surprised just how quickly you'll grow.

Suzy

Good going Marla, Out is out have a great time!!

Way to go Marla, glad you had a great time out.

GypsyKaren
    And how many times did I tell you that you could do this? Keep listening to me kiddo, I'll...well, I'll probably cause you lots of trouble, but you'll have fun.

Karen Starlene

Of course the Goodwill guy said "ma'am! You look like a lady.

Cheers,

Jill
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

It is a big deal, Marla. Most of us have not done what you have done. It took me quite awhile to make my first step out the door.

Of course this is a big deal Marla. This is a HUGE step that most of us only dream about taking. Add this in with the wig post and you are joining the group on here that I idolize.

You look fabulous. Of course you got "ma'am"

my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

i went out

Marla

you go girl, I wish i had the courage you have.
    I love being a girl

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    YGG! Yay for you Marla! Getting "ma'am" 'd is awesome isn't it? Are you hooked yet? Going out in public en femme is exciting and intoxicating isn't it? Once you get past the fear factor of your first few times out it's such a thrill!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Congrats Marla, I love that dress you wore that day, it is soooo pretty that the color does not matter, wow I am happy for you, one day you will be walking the mall crossdressed, been there done that. I really like the dress styles that you wear, very classy, and you really look like a lady in those dresses.