Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real men don't buy just one donut!!

Real men don't buy just one donut!!

Ever feel like you have a sign on your back that says... "Please say something about my manliness... or lack of"? I sure seem to have one lately or maybe its just the pinky rings or the polished nails or the scent of moisturizer.............

Today at Sheetz I stopped to get a diet soda on the way back to work.. Its thirsty work shopping for furniture all noon... So I get the monster cup full and spy the donut display.. Chocolate glazed.. Damn and I haven't eaten today.. So I pop one in the bag and saunter up to the checkout. And plop my items on the counter.. The older checkout guys looks at the donut then at me and says... "Real men don't buy just one donut ya know?". He even pointed to the bag and asked the other clerk, "isn't that right Jim?". Jim nods a big "yeah".... (Ii was a startin to feel like I was in a blue collar comedy skit about now.... Hey there's Larry The Cable Guy over by the beef jerky.. Lol)

I look at him all serious like and reply "are you incinuating I'm not a man?" His mouth opens but all that comes out are a couple. "ahhh ahhhh ahhh....". So I continue "though I am trying to watch my girlish figure"....... breaking out in a smile.. He starts to laugh and says what he ment was that these are on sale 2 for $1.00...... I declined and told him that if I ate another one I wouldn't be able to fit into my new dress... And that sent him howling again ... Even Jim was chuckling..... and then he tried to convince me they were special calorie free donuts.. Hey.... I'm still trying to recover from the special calorie free hot wings from the super bowl party Sunday.. Lol.

Probably just a coincidence like all the other comments lately... Maybe if I wasn't wearing a lavendar tie... Or maybe I should get a denim tie? .

Wish I had bought that second donut now.. I'm getting hungry again!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-05-2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thanks for bringing a smile on my face yet again, don't get too many

Banned Read only
    Donut boy wouldn't been so cheeky if you were wearin' your Steeler's cap stained with bbq sauce and a frayed up brim! Nu-uh!

We know you don't care. Maybe you oughta try that with your pink Steelers jersey!

Love what your comebacks were ! I wear nice "men" pink shirts with light lavender ties AND medium purple shirts with pink ties - I really do. I have noticed that the GGs that I have contact with love it !!!!!! The guys never say anything or ever wear anything like that - I wear these color combinations often (I have 3 medium purple and 3 pink shirts) - As I said, the GGs love it when I wear these colors. Tey all come over and include me in their conversations - do you think its the shirts ?

Oh yes, my fingernails are long and pointed with a slightly rounded edge and covered with clear shinny fingernail polish - do you think this is a give away ?

JoAnne Wheeler

Aspiring Member
    karen, what a place you must work in. you always seem to be "almost" read. is it the makeup you're wearing.
    joanne, the fingernails might be a give away, i wore them that way to work, my immediate boss knew about me, she asked me one day and i said yes, but some of the others might have guessed, especially since i wore so many other female items.

Banned Read only
    For some of us larger ladies, one donut just doesn't cut it!

I'm a-bumping.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Karen you always make smile
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Wish I had bought that second donut now.. I'm getting hungry again!!
    Always trust the store clerks they are only trying to help you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

I have lost 10 lbs since the first of the year I have not had a donut since then, but now I just have to have one, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    What a treasure you are...
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

funny

I will try to follow your example and just stick to one donut.

He He
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

Great story, Karren! Thanks for sharing, and glad you have a sense of humor.

I can only think of two ways to deal with situations like this:

1) Move a bit closer to the line with longer hair or longer nails or earrings or somesuch and start to get Ma'm'ed -- after all, the never would have said it to a lady and it's more fun to get Ma'm'ed all day

2) Start taking stuff out of your purse while looking for your wallet -- you know, a tube of lipstick, bottle of nail polish, your pearl handled revolver . . .

Have a great day!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

:)

Great answer Karen, and a fun story.

Bewarey of those calorie-free items....I fell victim to several of them last Super Sunday as well!!

(BBW the blue-collar reference was a real hoot, and I think that may well have been Larry over by the beef jerky...he was taking the opportunity you gave him by distracting the clerks to try on a thing or two himself I'm gonna guess )

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Mmmmm...donuts...

Dangit! Now I want a donut.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    That comeback was sooo funny Karren ROFLMAO, but I guess I must not be a real man.....I don't eat donuts......but I eat everything else

So, it takes buying 2 doughnuts to be a man and just one to be a woman. Is that kinda like taking the red pill versus the blue pill? Give me the red pill!

BTW Karen, your pink denim neck tie is in the mail!
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

I love donuts!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Now, THAT was a funny story, Karen!

Thank u for the chuckle!

Actually, real men eat pork rinds watching the Super Bowl!

And now, I need to lose the 5 lbs. from eating them! So, I can fit into my new dress!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

sunny with a high of 75!
    It's not an indicator of masculinity - buying just ONE donut means that you're on the QESDM diet- Quit Eating So Darn Much!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Thank u for the chuckle!

Actually, real men eat pork rinds watching the Super Bowl!

There I go again... Strike two!! I had the fem hot wings and hot wing flavored pretzel peices during the Super Bowl!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Your tomuch Karren I'd just love to hang with you.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    ha, total coincidence. Thats funny though. I'm going to use that reason for everything. "real men do this..." and use that for every excuse now! LOL

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I think Katie nailed it perfectly!
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Ha-ha. I think sometimes, because of who we are, we read more into situations than we probably should.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    i haven't been on the forum for long, but i agree... i just love reading your posts Karren