Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Those Are Women's Jeans"

"Those Are Women's Jeans"

This is the story of another minor misadventure in men's fashion freedom.

I buy all my clothes and footwear locally, live and in person, and I always try everything on, right at the store. After some small initial apprehension, it doesn't bother me at all, any more.

There have been moments, however.

One time, I was at Target, selecting some jeans. I found the ones I liked, and took them to the fitting room, for a try on. There was a bit of a line, and the fitting room attendant was directing traffic.

When my turn came, I showed the attendant that I had one pair of jeans to try on. She looked at the jeans, and at me, before quite loudly and publicly announcing, "Those are women's jeans!"

Maybe she wanted to express her disapproval, or maybe she wanted to give the other shoppers a thrill. I don't know.

Feeling the attention of many eyes, I briefly turned red. But I stood my ground, and prceeded to use the fitting room.

Has something like that ever happened to anyone else?

I would have said to her, that's right and did my thing.

This has happened to me

A couple of times. But I think the intention was to alert me that I was making a mistake. In both occasions I just said "I am aware of that".

On another occasion the lady said jokingly, "that skirt would not look good on you". I think she really did not think it was for me but that I was buying it for someone else. I did have some other items to try on. I just anwered " How would you know? I have not tried it on yet!"
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

"well they wont be mens jeans if I buy them, eh". Actually, many years ago I was on holiday with my girlfriend of the time. Her jeans fitted me quite nicely, well she liked 'em on me anyway.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

See!! Even women know that wearing womens jeans is wrong!!! Hahaha
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senban
    Never happened to me over jeans but did happen over trainers (sneakers). The assistant said "Erm, those are women's trainers". My reply was "Yes I know, what's your point?" She said nothing more after that

Speaking of jeans though, I'm off to Borders now in a pair of skinny jeans from New Look, a pair of trainers from Office and a matching red and black check hoody, also from New Look. And I'm damn well having cheesecake too!

EDIT - Just to clarify, I mean those are all from the women's section of those stores if it wasn't obvious already
    Last edited by Senban; 02-07-2009 at 12:13 PM.

You should have said," If they fit, they are going to be MY jeans"!

JoAnne Wheeler

Smile

Since Christmas I have gone to work every day in boots from Evans and jeans, tee-shirt, hoody and jacket from New Look. I always try the clothing in-store after obtaining permision from New Look's customer service department who arranged it with my local store. The Assistants are all very friendly and greet me whenever I am in the store no matter how I am dressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Was in a big retail store once buying some new panties and the lady at check out said "those arent your color" I kinda grinned and said "we will have to just wait and see" LOL
    No, those are my Panties]

Senban
    Samantha_2008 said - "Since Christmas I have gone to work every day in boots from Evans and jeans, tee-shirt, hoody and jacket from New Look. I always try the clothing in-store after obtaining permision from New Look's customer service department who arranged it with my local store. The Assistants are all very friendly and greet me whenever I am in the store no matter how I am dressed."

New Look are awesome in my experience. Apart from the fact that they do amazing clothes, I've never had anything but fantastic service from the assistants. I'm surprised you had to get permission from customer services though, I always just walk in and try stuff no bother. I've bought jackets, trainers, furry boots (which by a strange coincidence are just behind me on the floor ), hoodies, everything. I've also ordered stuff for pick up and when I've needed to exchange or ask a question, they're always really professional. And that was both male and female members of staff

Although I have never had the problem with jeans there have been a few incidents with tops, I was also told it wasn't my colour so I just said it wasn't for me.

The most recent time I was in the store looking for makeup, needless to say I got some strange looks from the staff and customers that day. But the bit that bothered ma the most was when the check out girl said in a rather loud voice that she didn't think it would match my skin tone and giggled to her assistent. So I matched her voice level and rather pointedly said that I am paying for the products not her opinion! That got the rest of the customers giggling and the poor lass went as red as a beetroot. I think she learned her lesson.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senban View Post
    Samantha_2008 said - "Since Christmas I have gone to work every day in boots from Evans and jeans, tee-shirt, hoody and jacket from New Look. I always try the clothing in-store after obtaining permision from New Look's customer service department who arranged it with my local store. The Assistants are all very friendly and greet me whenever I am in the store no matter how I am dressed."

New Look are awesome in my experience. Apart from the fact that they do amazing clothes, I've never had anything but fantastic service from the assistants. I'm surprised you had to get permission from customer services though, I always just walk in and try stuff no bother. I've bought jackets, trainers, furry boots (which by a strange coincidence are just behind me on the floor ), hoodies, everything. I've also ordered stuff for pick up and when I've needed to exchange or ask a question, they're always really professional. And that was both male and female members of staff
    I thought it would be better to obtain permission from higher up as I have had refusals from other stores in the past. I agree that they have a good range of clothe and only wish they stocked shoes in my size (UK 10)

I used to get the nudge nudge wink wink eye contact and smile years ago... She'd look at the clothes... look at my crimson face... the clothes once more... back to my face and then the smile would appear... This was way back in my teens... In my mid twenties... I was more like a stroppy teenager and did the 'And..Well? Got an issue?' thing... Now my brain is so addled with hormones I tend not to notice what the hell's going on around me because I'm trying to remember what I've forgotten... There's always something
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Senban
    Samantha_2008 said - "I thought it would be better to obtain permission from higher up as I have had refusals from other stores in the past. I agree that they have a good range of clothe and only wish they stocked shoes in my size (UK 10)"

Odd, I guess I've just never been refused at any stores to date and it's not like I pass at all. We all have different experiences I guess.

I know what you mean about larger size shoes, I take a UK size 9 and a lot of the stuff I always want ends at size 8. Faith (www.faith.co.uk) are stocking more and more ranges in size 9 as are Office (www.office.co.uk). Size 10 can be a problem though I know but Barratt's(http://www.barratts.co.uk) have a sub-section called Big Shoe Boutique (http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk) that stocks nice stuff in larger sizes. Maybe worth checking them out

EDIT - You might want to check this site out too http://www.vivaladiva.com/
    Last edited by Senban; 02-08-2009 at 05:25 AM.

Senban
    Katie B said - "Now, Samantha's raised a point that I really don't understand. I look at the photo, and I see a man dressed in men's clothes. OK, so I'm fashion-blind (like colour-blind, gettit?) but for me, boots, jeans, t-shirt and bomber jacket, with no wig or makeup isn't cross-dressing, it's just modern unisex fashion.

Now that's fine, but what's the point? It seems to me like running all the risks of somebody saying "aren't those women's jeans?" without the fun of actually wearing a skirt and heels. I've tried it and it did nothing for me."

It all depends on what position you're starting from I guess. I mean I'm a "probable" TS although that's an issue I'm working through with a counsellor at the moment to find out just where on the spectrum I fall so that a course of action can be mapped out. I mean, I don't wear female clothing for a sexual thrill or as an act of rebellion or anything of that nature. I wear them because they're the right clothes for me. But then if I wear male clothes, I'm still me underneath so female clothes aren't something I have a fetish for as such.

Now walk down the street, any street and look what most of the GG are wearing. A lot of it is actually very similar to male clothing these days (apart from perhaps colours and patterns). If you walk down the street dressed in an over the top way then all power to you but it's unusual behaviour for anyone really unless they specifically wanted to stand out. Samantha_2008 appears to be in work in that photo she showed us and it appears she does a job in stores possibly? How realistic and appropriate would high heels and skirt be in that situation?

If you saw me in work, you'd see me wearing a pair of black jeans and a jumper or tee shirt. You'd see feminine touches like bangles and nail varnish but my job precludes wearing skirts and heels. But in other circumstances, they would be and are appropriate. In everyday life, you might see me in a check hoody, skinny jeans and ugg boots (what I'm wearing right now and about to go meet my landlord) and if you took a walk around my area, that's what most of the girls will be wearing. But maybe if you saw me out somewhere else I'd have a pair of knee high boots on with a pair of skinny jeans and a sweater dress or a skirt or whatever. It's all down to wearing something appropriate to where we are and what we're doing.

Like I say, it's all down to what it is you're seeking from your CDing, what role it plays in your life.

Samantha_2008 looks just fine to me
    Last edited by Senban; 02-08-2009 at 07:23 AM.

Very rarely which is a surprise as the hangers that they are on instantly gives the game away , i might get a knowing smile, apart from once last year i went to try a blouse on and the assistant at the changing rooms said "are you taking that in for your wife " so i said no, so she asked again is it for someone else , i said no again it is for me , so she said is it for fancy dress or something , i just thought how dumb can you get and just replied ,yeah something like that , when i came out my wife was laughing her head off because she had seen the whole thing happen .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Gold Member
    I have not had many remarks about "women's jeans" or anything. Once or twice the female cashier felt the need to be a moron when I would be buying hose, like "I see you are buying pantyhose", I will give her a look like she has too many chromosomes and that usually shuts them up.

Making a mockery of people's stupidity often settles them down.

Senban
    MlleErin said - "Once or twice the female cashier felt the need to be a moron when I would be buying hose, like "I see you are buying pantyhose","

And my answer would have been "Yes, that's right, I'm planning to wear them over my head in a bank robbery later this afternoon so check me out on the news later"

I would have said yes they are. And that's a big mouth.
    Angie

Thanks for the compliment Senban, I actually work on a Telephone help line, the photo was taken in our spares department. My wig would not stay in place while using the headset we wear and a skirt might cause problems in the Gents which we share with the four other firms in the building. The boots in the picture are a concession to last weeks snow, I normally wear 3 inch heels.

P.S. I have just returned from a trip to New Look, complete with wig and breast-forms, found I can now get into a size 12 in their Jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    This reminds me of a labour dispute currently raging in the UK about "British jobs for British workers". In my mind there's no such thing as a 'British' job until a British worker gets it, no such thing as 'women's' jeans until a woman buys them.

I'd say, no they're not - they're mine, and I paid good money for them.
    I like that one.

jeans

i should start trying on at the store especially jeans! I'm getting tired of constantly returning. I'm looking for apair of skin tight jeans. I should be a 16WL but the pair of fading glory the 14WL are still to big. there are so many styles its confusing to my male brain!

I was buying a grey pencil skirt a couple months ago. The female cashier said (in a nice way), "oh, buying yourself a skirt, eh?" I just shrugged and said, "Yeah, I figure I deserve something nice once in a while."

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Smile Had a similiar situation years ago

When I was in a TJ Maxx store in my town dressed casually, I wanted to try on a couple of things in the fitting rooms. I showed them to the attendant who waved me through with a number but as I was entering the fitting room hallway i passed another young woman who immediately read me and did a double take.

I went to the fitting room and tried on some jeans and such and the woman must of said something to the attendant about here" assumption" back there that was maybe a guy ( heaven forbid!!!!), because the attendant came down the hallway and yelled out " hello"? anyone in the back dressing rooms?",she obviously wanted to hear my voice to check out my gender for sure. When replying in my well rehearsed, well used female voice " Yes there is, in the back here", she did or said nothing more , even when I left. I had passed her test and convinced her so she must've thought the other young woman was nuts! lol!
    Last edited by Megan70; 02-08-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar
    since i always shop for my clothes enfemme now it makes no differnce now, but on the biginning a few years back i remeber hitting certain stores that didnt have mens clothes in then and aslways seeing in the sales girls eyes like where i am suppose to put him. LOL one of my local favortie stores to shop at i am so comfy with all the girls there i can shop there in either mode now and it is so funny they alway pull the wrong style and color stuff so I just let them pick stuff out for me.. it is so much easier to just play model and pick the best outfit.

hugs
    AShlie
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page