Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choosing a Breast size.

Cup size

I know that this is a little bit of a diversion and just wonder if it is the same in other counties. I regular purchase Bra's but when I buy a C cup I have to study the bra closley. one of the shops a plus size shop (Evans) always seems to make the cups far bigger more like a D cup in its Balconette bra's and although they very nice I have stopped buying them from there.

Has anyone else had problems.

As a UK size 24, 200lbs and 5`9", I consulted a good adviser. Measuring made me a size 44 upper torso, hence 48 bra and to balance the width I was advised to used DD pads. Suitable hip/butt broadening and butting give a balaced effect for a mature lady, aunt, grandma

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Find a cup size you like, B/C is probably good for most of us if we desire to pass - though D's are certainly passible on bigger frames
    I've had two professional prosthetics (forms) fitters say specifically that 38D is too small for me; and the owner of a bra store ask "why are we wasting our time?" with something even remotely close to a B for me (from past experience, she thinks a DD looks "not bad" on me, and that 40G looks really good on me.) She sold me a B because I wanted something without forms, but she told me explicitly that really I need forms to look right.

And no, I'm not a huge guy! I'm 6', and I was about 200 pounds and top size "medium to large" when the majority of those remarks were made (though I was probably about 210 the day recently when she was annoyed about me about going for too small of a cup size.) With DD forms, I'm currently top size 14 to 16: many 14s fit my body nicely but the arm-holes are often cut too high or too small for me; size 16s fit my arms but often need a little dart added to fit smoothly across my tummy.

Size 14, you might recognize, is apparently the average size of adult women in Canada and the USA these days. My friendly neighbourhood consignment store owner tells me that size 16 to 18 is the hardest for her to keep in stock as there are lots of customers just waiting for new stock in that size to come in.

My point ("and I do have a point") is that for some of us -- some of us who are merely average adult women size at that -- it is not a matter of "D's are certainly passible": it is a matter that professionals trained in exactly such matters tell us that even a D itself is too small for us if we wish to look natural!

So those of you who are thinking that a C cup would "attract too much attention", please consider getting a professional opinion on the matter: at even an "average" male height of 5' 10", and wearing a "medium" shirt, a professional might tell you that a C is a really a bit too small for you, or that a C is about as small as you can go. But such matters are going to depend upon your proportions, of course.

The "comfortable" cup size to avoid attracting too much attention is also going to depend a lot on what kind of clothes you wear. If you are a fan of tight sweaters, then Yes, a D cup might look fairly big and get you noticed -- but ladies my age don't wear tight sweaters very often, and in the clothes ladies my age do wear, a D cup is not very noticeable (unless they choose to wear something low-cut.)

Dressed to please someone
    For a slim girl like me B size is quite ok, I'm not a big boob fan. It's also easy to create the cleavage out of my "natural breast material" then.

My alter ego's alter ego. Katie Boundary's Avatar
    I'm 6'2" and just over 90kg, so I went for Ds. They look big but not disproportionately so. Anything smaller wouldn't look right.

C

Guess the bottom line here is... it depends on how you want to look and the guidelines are very variable?

I originally got forms thatI thought were too big once I started wearing them. Went down in size, and then down again... but never make up my mind... so fell into the how do I feel today category... which was nice!

The smaller forms had accidents, and my originals are all I have now. I've been thinking of getting smaller ones for a while, but sometimes just think...no... this is what nature intended... I've been dealt the choice thing by fate... live with it girl. This is, after all, what GGs have to do?

I know GGs with big frames small breasts, small frames big breasts, and everywhere in between.

If you want to pass... I guess it's about having the confidence to pull it off.

Kaz xx

I have met a new CD friend who is about as big as myself in height and weight. I haven't asked her but I guess she is a 38D or 38DD. I'll confess, when I first saw her about 6 weeks ago, I didn't realise she was a CD'er purely because of the size of her boobs, I thought she really was a woman. My point is this.....CD'ers often choose smaller boobs because we don't want to go 'over the top', when in actual fact, we should be choosing bigger boobs because we have bigger bodies, in general.
    Like I said earlier, I'm in a 38C at present, but realitically, a 38D, 38DD or even a 38E would be more suitable.

Just my opinion

PS Just asked my wife, she agreed a 38DD would suit me better.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

I am 5'7", 140 pounds and small framed. a 34B suits me ( too late to change now lol). I wanted to have breasts, but didn't want too much attention drawn to my chest. Some attention, but not a lot. I tried a number of different size forms from "pals" and the 34b's seemed to look best. When I went in to see about my implants the doctor had a computer thingy that he was able to use to show me how different size breasts would look on me, and again the 34b's seemed the best choice. I have to admit that I was tempted to go bigger, but happily I went smaller, and I have no regrets.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 03-01-2009 at 02:15 PM.

I am 5'10" 135lb 34 28 36, size 4-6. I took some medication for about 6 months that gave me an aa or a size chest. I have very narrow shoulders and thin bones.

my thought is that a) im skinny so bigger breasts will be very obvious and b) if i were a gg with an aa or a cup, i'd probably live with it.

So my plan is to buy 36-38 a wonderbra gel bra, a little pushup and some pading built into the bra and hopefully ill be ok.

FWIW i have always found smaller breasts more attractive when dating women, so maybe that is why I don't mind being smaller.

Steph

old enough to know better
    I have size 7 forms from (I think) lennonsbestbuy. These are suppose to fit a 36D. I had a 38D bra, which was too big for the forms.

On a recent trip, I bought two bras at VS. One a 36D and the other a 36DD. Turns out the forms are too big for the 36D. They push the center between the cups away from my chest.

They fit the 36DD "just right" with the center staying right on the chest.

Sort of like Goldilocks and the three bears .... but BekiJ and the two fake boobs Too big, too small, just right....

Now, would I have chosen to have 36DD boobs? No, because the assumption is that they are too big. But at 6-2, 170, they are ..... me.

In any case, they feel so good in the 36DD, that I get seperation anxiety between wearings (usually about a week).

Hugs
    BekiJ

Have you or anyone tried simple everyday party balloons, yes thats right balloons, you can blow them up to any size to get a quick idea of what size suits you best, as i cant afford breast forms i use them quite regularly when dressing at home.
    Angela

Aspiring Member MsSamanthaErica's Avatar
    Originally I figured with my slender and bony frame that a B cup was great. I got size 5 forms to test it out. Now after all that, the girly side says they are a bit too small... so I think a C cup and more 'realistic' breasts are on the horizon.

Of course, the frame and the effect you want to achieve has to be figured in. I wanted something that would look the breasts I would have had had I been born with two X's and not a Y!

But as far as your desires go, go with these indicators:
    a) the effect you want to go for
    b) something that fits sensibly
    c) that makes you happy.

Get some foam triangles in different sizes and try them on... once you get the idea you can graduate to what you want and you'll be ready for that night out on the town!!

Hugs,
    ~Samantha
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A girl loves her boots...
    [SIZE="1"]"I used to have demons in my room at night
    Desire, despair, desire
    So many monsters..." -Annie Lennox
    [/SIZE]

old enough to know better
    Angel, I have tried balloons. There just is no comparison. Save your dollars and get breast forms. If you have a vice (expensive coffee, tobacco, whatever), give it up for a week, put the money away and you probably will save enough for $50 to $100 forms. I have lennonsbestbuy and trukare, both size 7. I cannot express how good they feel.

Hugs
    BekiJ

Sometimes I think that I would like to be a D cup but I think that a C cup looks more natural for my size. 6' 215lbs. I know I need to lose a little weight.

Debie

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BekiJ View Post
    I have size 7 forms from (I think) lennonsbestbuy. These are suppose to fit a 36D. I had a 38D bra, which was too big for the forms.

On a recent trip, I bought two bras at VS. One a 36D and the other a 36DD. Turns out the forms are too big for the 36D. They push the center between the cups away from my chest.

They fit the 36DD "just right" with the center staying right on the chest.
    The 38D should be too big if the forms were right for a 36D, as the cup size goes up with band size. The 38D would have the same cup size as a 36DD and the 36D would have the same cup size as a 38C in the same brand and style.

The 36DD fitting where the 38D didn't would suggest a difference in sizing between brands or styles. Yes, we know that it shouldn't happen but it does.

In my current favourite bra, I'm in an Australian 14D bra with a band extension because the style and cut cover my forms beautifully but doesn't come in the 16C that I should actually have in that brand and style.

Alice

Since my wife and I can't agree yet on getting breast forms that actually look like "real boobs", I get to wear the fake looking ones from Wal-Mart. With the little bit I have on my own, I am close to a B cup, but not fully. If I ever went under the knife and got implants, I'd lean towards C cup, but nothing bigger than that.

I had advice from the BFS in Oz. Wonderful people..!!!

Being 6' 2" I ended up with a size 8 form, with a 40D bra. To be a bit more comfortable, I use a bra extender.

Hi Girls.

Old thread that I was hoping to pop some new life into, I am 5ft 10" in stockings so you can imagine me in Heels, I am on the cuddly side and as I have said in my introduction I am a huge fan of a TV presenter in the UK called Fern Britton and I would love to look like her as she was big and bubbly and blonde all the (right) qualities I desire though I do feel I require ample boobs, so I've went for 38DDs maybe there's a boob fetishist in me..who knows but I love tight sweaters and tops..anything to enhance them.

I would love to know the top tips for realistic padding and shape...I have used water filled balloons which give bounce, I have heard of other liquids inside Balloons oh and Birdfood sounds very good.

So if any of you Girls wanna share some wisdom on the shaping of a Girl then let me know.

Hugs Charlotte xx

Depends on your build.

I am 5-11 and weigh 172 lbs.
    I measure 32 1/2" underbust. My overbust is 36 1/2".

When I first got my 38" band bra the bra had no support.
    I wear a 36" and sometimes 34" band bras. I like the feeling of tight band bra around my body.

I am cursed with big thighs so I wear a big cup DD or DDD size to round out my figure.

I love my b-forms and can wear attached for days. Best for me is sz 14-15.

I do not have a thin fem A, b or C cup body. (I tried a B cup and I could hardly tell I had breasts on my frame.)

I wish I did.