Hi! My name is John im 19 years old and I live on the east end of Long Island. I cross-dress as much as possible but its not exactly acceptable where I live unless you go into east hampton. Im tired of living like this and I need a change. i NEED to dress up every day without being worried about being beat up. I believe if it feels good do it.

I am almost at my goal of $10,000 saved up, and move into New York City

But my mother says it will be an issue because it will be hard to find someone who will hire me. I dont exactly have a field but I have retail & restaurant experience.

I just need a change in my life. I need to be around gay people & transgendered people. I need to make friends that are like me. I need to get out to the clubs and get into the scene that ive been dying for.

I made this thread to find out what issues others faced in New York City when trying to find a job. How hard will it be? Should I not dress up to look for a job? Im not exactly passable, I dont try to be. Im just anti-establishment and anti-status quo. I do what I want. It doesn't bother me if I dont look like a girl physically