Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not fit for the garden

Not fit for the garden

Ok take this as humorous, I did. It just reflects what I put up with here daily

My MIL has moved back in with me. She moved out 2 days after my wife died. That isa whole nother story as they say. When she decided to move in I made the point that it was OK BUT I dressed like I do when I want and it is MY house so she couldn't say anything about it.

Yesterday, my nephew was over and we were discussing something I can't remember what. Anyway I made the comment that I should find a rich guy to pay my way. (my nephew and all his family know about me and they are very accepting, even to the point he went out with me when we were both dressed one night). My MIL did the little Huff sound and said, "why would anyone do that?" Without thinking I said "have you SEEN my pictures?" She looked at me and told me. "Yes I have and they are not fit to use in the garden as scarecrows."

The good news is nothing is raiding my garden now. and she was wrong They are fit

mountains 078.jpg

img04.jpg
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    My MIL did the little Huff sound and said, "why would anyone do that?" Without thinking I said "have you SEEN my pictures?" She looked at me and told me. "Yes I have and they are not fit to use in the garden as scarecrows."

The good news is nothing is raiding my garden now. and she was wrong They are fit
    First off, while I have no idea of your situation nor circumstances, I would say that you are an absolue Princess for taking your MIL in.

And now that you have taken her in, there is no reason to be taken in by her. You are absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine that a man of wealth and power wouldn't want a trophy wife who looked like you!

As to scaring crows, well, we haven't seen any pictures of your MIL, have we?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    OK everyone what is a MIL? And as for a scarecrow you have got to be kidding, you look wonderful.

Happiness is having a large, loving, close knit family....

...That lives in another city!!

Ha! I say that, but don't really mean it. but sometimes, things like this bring that smart ass saying to mind.

Love the pics Lorileah. MIL is probably jealous.
    Mary

Banned Read only

Mother In Law anyone?

All I can say is, ...wow.

You're like some kind of saintess (that's right, I made it up) for taking her in. I feel like we should pass a plate or something.

Your MIL seems like a sitcom character and she's probably a hoot, like what's her name (Estelle Getty) on the Golden Girls. (is it wrong that I loved that show?)

Not fit for the garden? Hardly. Unless smokin' hot pics are bad for flowers.

-Misty

Quote Originally Posted by Misty is Kindafem View Post
    Your MIL seems like a sitcom character and she's probably a hoot, like what's her name (Estelle Getty) on the Golden Girls. (is it wrong that I loved that show?)
    -Misty
    Owen!!! Bring me my supper!!!
    (From Throw Momma from the Train)
    Mary

If it was my mother in law, she'd be the one outside scaring the birds, and everything else that comes within a 5 kilometre radius.

Gold Member
    Lorileah, you look great no matter what backdrop you use. Sounds like you've got the MIL from HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Sounds like you should cut back on your MIL's vitamin "B", if you take my meaning. And hon, you are out and out gorgeous. I'd love to have you in my garden anytime.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Well, your MIL is probably green with envy - your pics (that I've seen) are great!

Yes, they are fit. In fact, I don't think they would scare many birds, really. Hmmmm.....maybe she's right. To truly scare the birds, you might need to use her pictures!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I think you are beautiful my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

You are beautiful in more ways than one, Lorileah.
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

If you are the Scarecrow, then I am the Tinman

You are an absolute saint for taking you MIL in - and you are completely correct in esablishing the fact that it is your house and that you will dress how you want in your house - if she cannot handle that, that is just too bad

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

I think you should stick her outside in the garden... he mouth alone is enough to scare anyone... saying horrible things like that... bad bad MIL... post a picture of her...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Hmmm . . she speaks to you this way when you are allowing her to live in your home?
    Call me crazy, but were I living on someone elses generosity, I think I'd be inclined to be a bit nicer

You look absolutely fantastic in those pics, Lorileah. As for your MIL, good luck. That's all I'll say on that subject.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Your mother in law is no judge of beauty. You look terrific. I am envious, my photos have proven to be quite useful in ridding my kitchen of cockroaches.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Lorileah,
    Sounds like your MIL should be in the garden as she is green with envy! You are hot, GF!

I've seen your pictures (quite fetching dear), but I haven't seen a picture of your MIL to see how she fits on the "attractive" scale. BUT, even with that said ... being a person that has placed a wager or two in my time - I'll be willing to bet, sight unseen, that you scale higher on the Hot or Not scale. Can you talk her into it? Let us know. It would be fun to watch. Even if, (BIG "if" ), we played fair and know one here voted.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

you had me totally turned around before I started reading!

I thought for sure you were about to talk about the fact that changing gender and gardening are NOT compatible for us high-maintenance girl types! My wife has asked a number of times about Tina in the garden and we just can't figure out how to make it work. How the heck are we going to go out and get dirty after all that work to put on all that makeup!!!

So, now that you straightened me out on this thread, let me say that you are gorgeous, girl!!!! I had a great MIL, loved her to tears, totally! I wish she were still with us. But yours needs to consider thinking about her manners, really!

But do let me know how you keep the birds out of the garden.

!!!

tina

Maybe Mil feels that you are trying to replace her "mother" with your fem self & feels it as a threat. She may need to be reassured that that is not you intent. That no matter what you will never be even 1/2 the woman that her mother was.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

[SIZE="2"]Lorileah,
    Your MIL needs new glasses, or a change of address.
    That being said, she is family, be it your wifes family, hopefully she will see how hurtful she has been.

I would consider having a heart to heart if she continues putting you down in any way. Please do not step down to her level for your wife's memories sake. (Though I doubt you would).

Huggs and hang in there,
    [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Wow. But then, mothers-in-law are not SUPPOSED to be easy to get along with. That's the stereotype anyway. Hold onto that if anything else!

Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. You look fanTASTIC!

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    What an old bitty you have for a MIL. Are you sure you are not living in a sitcom? LOL

I agree with the others..stick her pic out in the garden.